Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

1 minute ago, 2reds2whites said:

I think some people need to get real with pricing. 

I disagree. Inflation is everywhere. I'm not thinking of my money 10 or 12 years ago, I'm thinking of it now. If we're using the past pricing model, then I shouldn't be buying anything OR expecting way less for my money.

As for Leanordo themselves, I bought a version of the MD (can't recall the version) and wanted to upgrade to P3Dv5 and was told no discounts. I'm OK not buying from them anymore (or at least, buying at full price).

Lastly the optimism from most of the community was reduced pricing for addons. It appears Leonardo is not fully going that route. I'll wait for a sale if there ever is one or just pass. In the end, I get to decide what's worth my money at present or 20 years ago. To each their own.

• Like 4

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

For someone who hasn't flown this Has it auto throttle?  Just asking case im too lazy to watch the vids. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

I'll wait for a sale if there ever is one or just pass. In the end, I get to decide what's worth my money at present or 20 years ago. To each their own.

Yeah, I think 75 Euro is a little too high. Would be nice if they could price it at around 60 Euro to 65 Euro to match what Just Flight did for the BAe 146 (the BAe 146 is going for $65 USD, so that's about 60 Euro), but oh well, this is their choice to sell it at 75 Euro + Vat.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

The surprising thing is, when you go to look at any recent vids or previews from anyone, there's non. So for someone that has no idea as to why this aircraft is more expensive as i only returned to flight simming some 20 odd years with the launch of MSFS, i want to see what is justifiying the added $$$$$$

I would like to know about the FMC, is there simbrief intigration? Can it use MSFS in built flight planner?

Is there an AP, What's working, and what's still outstanding. Maybe it's fully complete.?

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I took out a loan and paid $2499 for a Mac LC in 1991 (equivalent to $5,000+ in 2022), for a computer that is less powerful than a modern day graphing calculator which costs about $100.  😀

Bless you all that see this product as an immediate buy. No judgement or argument from me if this is your "niche".

For anybody who is more of a "casual" or "non study-level" simmer, a price for one DLC add-on that is more than the entire cost of the the platform is not going to grow your market very much. (If there is any intention to do that). Nobody is going to pay and "try" this product without knowing specifically it is exactly what you want.

Again, if they know who they are selling to and this is what they think that market will bear... done.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 40track said:

For someone who hasn't flown this Has it auto throttle?  Just asking case im too lazy to watch the vids. 

yes it does. LNAV/VNAVAT and a FMC which is an honeywell or an PMS with a separate VNAV unit.

• Like 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Ouch! That's over $100 CDN. Too rich for an aircraft no longer in service in Canada or the US. I think I'll save my pennies for a 737 or a sale.

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 8

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

yes it does. LNAV/VNAVAT and a FMC which is an honeywell or an PMS with a separate VNAV unit.

Fantastic. Thanks for that. Yeah day 1 buy for sure and toss the CRJ models promptly.

• Like 1

That price is a little high for me. As someone said, I think if you really want a Mad Dog then it will be worth it because you will get many, many hours of enjoyment out of it, but for a plane that is not really in service and that I likely would not use too frequently I think I will pass for now. As abrams_tank said, had it come in around 65 to 70 I might have given it a go this weekend. I will wait and first see how the reviews are and if there is a consensuses that it is as good as is rumored, maybe I will go for it in the future. For now, I am back to being excited for the 737!

• Like 4

Dan Scott

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

that's €75 + VAT so for example if you're in the UK it's now €90

For what we are getting it's a no brainer - day one purchase.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

9 minutes ago, Cognita said:

That price is a little high for me. As someone said, I think if you really want a Mad Dog then it will be worth it because you will get many, many hours of enjoyment out of it, but for a plane that is not really in service and that I likely would not use too frequently I think I will pass for now. As abrams_tank said, had it come in around 65 to 70 I might have given it a go this weekend.

Yes.  Just Flight was very smart and read the feedback after they announced the price of the BAe 146 at $80 USD. A lot of people just said they wouldn't buy the the BAe 146 at $80 USD. Mind you, it was a lot of people here at Avsim that said that, and the makeup of people here at Avsim are the "hard core" flight simmers, the very market that these study level airliners are targeting. So Just Flight reduced the price to $65 USD and all those people that said they wouldn't buy the BAe 146 at $80 USD, did a 180 degree u-turn and said at the new price, they would purchase the BAe 146 at $65 USD.

Just a $15 USD difference, and Just Flight probably doubled their unit sales of the BAe 146.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

There's obviously a lot of long term members that have purchased this aircraft over the years, as i see those commenting agreeing with the pricing know this aircraft delivers. I'll just wait and see, (and save lol ) and if it turns out as good as many say, i may purchase it at a later date.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

I'm out at the price, I can't speculate if it's worth it or not.I don't think much of any plane is worth it at this price point!

The developer has a top rated reputation for this aircraft on other platforms, so not much need for speculation on quality.  Price wise this is one of a handfull of companies that can justify this price point.

• Like 6

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

18 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

I disagree. Inflation is everywhere. I'm not thinking of my money 10 or 12 years ago, I'm thinking of it now. If we're using the past pricing model, then I shouldn't be buying anything OR expecting way less for my money.

As for Leanordo themselves, I bought a version of the MD (can't recall the version) and wanted to upgrade to P3Dv5 and was told no discounts. I'm OK not buying from them anymore (or at least, buying at full price).

Lastly the optimism from most of the community was reduced pricing for addons. It appears Leonardo is not fully going that route. I'll wait for a sale if there ever is one or just pass. In the end, I get to decide what's worth my money at present or 20 years ago. To each their own.

So inflation is everywhere, but the people who make these products should just ignore all of that and price their products at hugely reduced prices because……?

The notion of these products being $65 is laughable. You’re asking for the most detailed, high fidelity models of aircraft in the history of simulation and you want to pay 2/3 of the price of previous versions? 

Good luck with that…..

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1