Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

13 minutes ago, virtuali said:

That's the opposite: only people IN the EU will pay VAT, because VAT is an European tax. Those outside Europe, will pay *their* own sales taxes, but only if the vendor they are purchasing from has a presence in that country.

I really don't understand why people assume that tax regulations is something a developer can "choose" or as if a developer is smarter than another one because it allows you to not pay due taxes. What matters regarding tax is:

- Where the SELLER is located ( which is almost never the developer, even if you think you are buying "direct", but basically no sane developer deals with payments directly, they all use a 3rd party )

- Where YOU are located

So, you can sometimes chose where you buy from, which might allow you to not pay extra taxes in some cases, for example if you live outside the EU and are buying from an EU seller, VAT is never charged. 

It's not true Umberto that only people in the EU pay VAT, unfortunately the UK left the EU, but we still pay VAT because it brings in way too much money for the Government to remove it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

A strong pro compared to PMDG is also that Leonardo never complained about MSFS/Asobo

You can't really say that without knowing what development processes PMDG go through or use - maybe their complaints are valid? - nobody would know.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

13 minutes ago, FS Professional said:

alpha or beta version unlike PMDG is planning to release.

I can only assume it's called that because the way MSFS is in constant flux. A moving target.

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, that's unfortunate that they priced it that high.  IMO, about $65 USD to about $70 USD is more reasonable, even if it's a study level plane.  So that would be about 60 Euro to 65 Euro.  75 Euro is a little too expensive.  And do people outside of EU also have to pay VAT on top of that?  Hmm, that's pretty expensive if VAT is added on top.

I will NOT, regardless of complexity, buy any add-on that is more than the sim. I'd rather buy airports. I have plenty of beautiful airplanes.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Wow they beat PMDG. How the mighty have fallen! 

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

PMDG never had anything over Leonardo IMO....

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

While I'm bummed about the steep-ish price (on par with past releases, which have had their costs increase over the years), this one is well worth the price. People comparing this to the DC6 and Bae146 need to get real as what you "get" and the level of support far exceeds those. It would be nice to see a small discount for repeat buyers but I'm not surprised if there isn't one since there was likely a huge amount of effort to bring this over to msfs. My only wish (which from the videos didn't appear to be the case) was for improved sounds. It's always taken a sound pack to truly bring them up to the level of quality demanded by this aircraft, which is an additional cost.

Its only thier external sounds that are not grest. you cant hear the engines at all from the flightdeck on an md80.  The cockpit sounds are actually very good.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I hope the cockpit textures are top notch MSFS quality for the money and not just ported over textures from other versions.   Looking at Youtube early previews I'm a little worried about the texture quality/detail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amon1973 said:

It's not true Umberto that only people in the EU pay VAT, unfortunately the UK left the EU, but we still pay VAT because it brings in way too much money for the Government to remove it.

Well, in Switzerland we never were part of the EU, yet we also have VAT (although one of the lowest rates in Europe, at 7.7% ) so yes, I should have said "European countries that have VAT", rather than restrict it to the EU. Norway and Iceland are not in the EU either, and they both have very high VAT rates as well.

• Like 1

Any indication of whether there is some sort of discount if you purchased the Maddog in P3D?

T45

7 hours ago, Matchstick said:

More than the Rotate MD-11 and getting on for twice as much as the MSFS BAe 146 in the UK.

Very difficult to justify at that price for me - not saying it's impossible, but....

Comparing those two aircraft to Leonardo MD80's is laughable. Leonardo aircraft are as good as any you will get in flight sim. The price is justified in the quality you will receive. Unlike many other rushed releases for MSFS.

Disappointing that this thread is focused all around the price, and not the fact that there is a exceptional aircraft coming to MSFS. 

Just need a decent long haul aircraft now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Don't think there will be a sale for cross platform,  but you never know. 

In terms of quality, I definitely agree that the flythemaddogx is one of the top high fidelity addon planes in the flight sim arena. Even though it is a bit high than I expected,  I'm still going to pick it up. In terms of negatives, the only ones I've seen is the sound, which another user brought up. Can't comment on that a whole lot as I've had no experience with the plane irl. The other one is that he sort of dropped off for a good while during the fsx days and support was nonexistent during that time. It was basically supported by users. He then came back in 2017 to release the maddogx and has been supporting consistently and well since then. I don't know why there was that absence in there, maybe someone else can comment on that.

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Like it, love it, gotta have it ! 🙂

Like, love it, have it....glad you guys will soon too. 🙂 

Such a classic looking bird.

5dMiKe.png

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 hours ago, Matchstick said:

More than the Rotate MD-11 and getting on for twice as much as the MSFS BAe 146 in the UK.

Very difficult to justify at that price for me - not saying it's impossible, but....

And all signs point to the Rotate being less than stellar, with a less than stellar track record to begin with.....users of the maddog in prior sims will vouch that it is an amazing product and I doubt Leonardo will release it in shoddy shape. They make one thing....and they make one thing well. It was epic in p3d....

Hopefully FS2Crew has some setups coming for this and the 737 in the near future...

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor