Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

6 minutes ago, bendead said:

Same here, also if it's Simmarket only, does that mean that I will have to install their new download manager?

I think they backed down recently and started allowing direct D/L from the website again ?

(That wouldn't rule out them trying again but hopefully they got their fingers burnt badly enough this time to persuade them not to)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 3

For me the price is absolutely fine, taking into account that with MSFS I do not have to spend money for any other addons (weather engine, sceneries, other utilities), only aircrafts 

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not anymore, they reverted that change. You can download everything on the website

Nice to know, cheers

Buying this the second it comes out.  

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

At this price i'll wait and see, at the price i think i'll be picking up the 146 and 737 first, plus it will give an insight into if it's worth it compared to the others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I am wondering how good sounds will be? In the P3D version default sounds were definitely the worst part of the MD-80

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Car147 said:

At this price i'll wait and see, at the price i think i'll be picking up the 146 and 737 first, plus it will give an insight into if it's worth it compared to the others.

As @jarmstro suggestions I hope this pricing move doesn't give PMDG ideas,,,,

• Like 1

I won’t be buying this at that price point, for me those prices are behind me on the MSFS platform and I won’t be sucked in. Appreciate the hardcore maddog fans will be in but I’ll pass or wait for a sale in the future.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

At $80 it's a NO from me.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I won’t be buying this at that price point, for me those prices are behind me on the MSFS platform and I won’t be sucked in. Appreciate the hardcore maddog fans will be in but I’ll pass or wait for a sale in the future.

With Virtualcol selling their Embraer 190 for £11.49 on Just Flights website, those wanting an airliner without spending a fortune it is a bargain. It will not suit your hard-line study only aircraft simmer, but for joe average it may just fit the bill and if you don't like it you have not lost much.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I think some people need to get real with pricing. 

The 2008 Maddog was $69. In today's money that is $92, and that's for a vastly better and time-consuming product. The 2008 version didn't even have a VC.

The 2008 PMDG MD-11 was $80. In today's money that is $106. Again the older version didn't even have a VC. 

The 2011 PMDG 737NGX was $70. In today's money that is $90.

The 2016 FSLabs 320-X was $100. In today's money that is $120.

This Maddog (assuming direct conversion) is $80. That's a bargain. It isn't 2010 any more.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 2reds2whites said:

I think some people need to get real with pricing. 

The 2008 Maddog was $69. In today's money that is $92, and that's for a vastly better and time-consuming product. The 2008 version didn't even have a VC.

The 2008 PMDG MD-11 was $80. In today's money that is $106. Again the older version didn't even have a VC. 

The 2011 PMDG 737NGX was $70. In today's money that is $90.

The 2016 FSLabs 320-X was $100. In today's money that is $120.

This Maddog (assuming direct conversion) is $80. That's a bargain. It isn't 2010 any more.

It's not the P3D market either.

Comparing pricing from what  is a pretty niche sim to something that has a FAR larger user base isn't guaranteed to be useful.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

At $80 it's a NO from me.

Yeah, that's unfortunate that they priced it that high.  IMO, about $65 USD to about $70 USD is more reasonable, even if it's a study level plane.  So that would be about 60 Euro to 65 Euro.  75 Euro is a little too expensive.  And do people outside of EU also have to pay VAT on top of that?  Hmm, that's pretty expensive if VAT is added on top.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

It's not the P3D market either.

Comparing pricing from what  is a pretty niche sim to something that has a FAR larger user base isn't guaranteed to be useful.

None of those pricings are Prepar3d. 

• Upvote 1

I don't believe VAT is charged to those who purchase from the U.S. I order all the time from Simmarket and don't recall paying VAT. Usually PayPal charges are what get me when I purchase from them. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro