Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

At that price, they can keep it. 😎

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

26 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I would be surprised if they did, It's a completely different sim. 

That is fine by me, of course I will take whatever I can get. This plane was never overpriced, especially considering the complexity. I thought it was a great deal when I got it for P3D. Definitely looking forward to this one!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

8 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

It’s probably a bit higher than others might be because it won’t be as big a volume mover as the PMDG or Fenix since they represent much more popular aircraft than the MD-80 series.  But even at $80 you will get as best a representation of an aircraft and all it’s systems as anything else out there, in any sim.

Pure speculation as to the reasoning for the pricing on your part!

I'm out at the price, I can't speculate if it's worth it or not.I don't think much of any plane is worth it at this price point!

Guess it just me, not a word not allowed of any of these companies making add-ons but they have plenty of defenders at these prices! Guess developers see Video Game DLC and think this stuff is the same!

+

Not to mention it has to be purchased at Sim Market.

Edited by tpete61
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

‘Tis expensive, but I’ve learned that the planes you fly all the time are still great value even if the sticker price is kind of high.

I don’t have any particular affection for the type, but I’ve put in 100’s of hours on the P3D version of the Maddog. Definitely one of the best aircraft on that platform.

I’ll be picking this up on 30th April, these are quality developers and I’m confident they’ll deliver us another classic.

• Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

More than the Rotate MD-11 and getting on for twice as much as the MSFS BAe 146 in the UK.

Very difficult to justify at that price for me - not saying it's impossible, but....

Well I dare say I will buy it but it's a nasty precedent to set. I reckon it will be offered on other sites for a lot less after a week or two. Simmarket is always 20% more expensive.

Edited by jarmstro

8 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

It’s probably a bit higher than others might be because it won’t be as big a volume mover as the PMDG or Fenix since they represent much more popular aircraft than the MD-80 series.  But even at $80 you will get as best a representation of an aircraft and all it’s systems as anything else out there, in any sim.

I agree, the Maddog is not a mainstream must have compared to the 737 or Airbus. True Maddog fans will definitely purchase it on release day. I know I will.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

Pure speculation as to the reasoning for the pricing on your part!

I'm out at the price, I can't speculate if it's worth it or not.I don't think much of any plane is worth it at this price point!

Guess it just me, not a word not allowed of any of these companies making add-ons but they have plenty of defenders at these prices!

Not to mention it has to be purchased at Sim Market.

There’s plenty of information on the P3D version of this plane to determine whether or not it’s worth it.  To me it very much is, and I probably paid more for the P3D version than I will for MSFS version.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

‘Tis expensive, but I’ve learned that the planes you fly all the time are still great value even if the sticker price is kind of high.

I don’t have any particular affection for the type, but I’ve put in 100’s of hours on the P3D version of the Maddog. Definitely one of the best aircraft on that platform.

I’ll be picking this up on 30th April, these are quality developers and I’m confident they’ll deliver us another classic.

Agreed, and I am still mostly a P3d flyer for the moment. These guys never disappoint.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Guys, that's still 40€ less than the P3D version still costs as of the time I write this (over at simmarket). It is the most complete high fidelity study level airplane in flight sims history, 75€ is a very good price.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

Guys, that's still 40€ less than the P3D version still costs as of the time I write this (over at simmarket). It is the most complete high fidelity study level airplane in flight sims history, 75€ is a very good price.

I think the CL650 has the crowd now but Maddog is really good.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

One of my all time favourite aircraft in flight simulation. Complex, but extremely satisfying to fly. This announcement has made my week!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

For me at least that very much depends on what Leonardo actually deliver.

Edited by Matchstick

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

I think the CL650 has the crowd now but Maddog is really good.

They are on par, in my opinion. I've got them both. The Maddog still has some better features like the EFB, random failures etc.
Well let's say the most high fidelity airliner and we're good 🙂

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Very difficult to justify at that price for me - not saying it's impossible, but....

Same here, also if it's Simmarket only, does that mean that I will have to install their new download manager?

• Like 1

Just now, bendead said:

Same here, also if it's Simmarket only, does that mean that I will have to install their new download manager?

Not anymore, they reverted that change. You can download everything on the website

• Like 2