Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

17 minutes ago, Stelios said:

It was just a question to now. I do have the PMDG 737 for FSX and I know how to use it. I just thought that the developers migh have this option. I remember I had an easy program to create flight plans and import them in the 737. I forgot the name. Do you know one?

Well my guess is that it will be pretty easy to setup and save the route in the route folder via simbrief 😉

Use the simbrief downloader and it detects the new generated flightplan and saves it in the preferred aircraft folder (one time setup)

• Like 2

André

29 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

@Steve Dra Is there an embargo on releasing repaints for the 737 until release time? I was looking at flightsim.to and there isn't anything to download yet.

Hey J.  There is not an "embargo" per se for the general public, but with the exception of the painters on the beta team, nobody "should" have any MSFS 737 paints ready.  As part of the PMDG beta team, I will coincide the release of my paints with the aircraft itself.  My evil intention is to break flightsim.to as well as the servers that are hosting the PMDG release. 🙂  I have 11 paints ready and uploaded to flightsim.to.   

There is already a category on flightsim.to for "PMDG 737" which I alerted and encouraged them to add yesterday (or was it the day before).  Anyway...my paints are already set in that category and will also appear there if you search within that category.....WHEN I change the flag on my uploads from hidden to available. 

zRqgZM.png

As I noted in my previous post, wait until you see the change in my sig below for the signal that they are now available. 😉 

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve, are your paints not available in the PMDG Ops Center ?  Also, are your paints associated with the aircraft equipment for the airline or do we need to select that ourselves (example Westjet) ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

10 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Steve, are your paints not available in the PMDG Ops Center ?  Also, are your paints associated with the aircraft equipment for the airline or do we need to select that ourselves (example Westjet) ?

I don't think Steve Dra is an official employee of PMDG, or an official contractor for PMDG.  So his liveries are technically not owned by PMDG.  For PMDG to offer Steve Dra's liveries, they would have to sign a formal contract with him, with Steve Dra giving away his liveries to PMDG for free. Also, there are legalities involved, like what if somebody finds Steve Dra's liveries offensive and sues the livery maker.  They would end up suing PMDG, if they had obtained Steve Dra's liveries from PMDG's Op Center.

For all these reasons, especially the legal reasons, I doubt that PMDG will officially offer Steve Dra's liveries.  Now if Steve Dra's liveries are made available at flightsim.to, PMDG is not liable for any lawsuits, etc, or other legal issues.

I could be wrong and Steve Dra's liveries will be available in the PMDG Ops Center.  But that would be weird of PMDG to do this, especially the legal issues around this, if Steve Dra is not employed or under contract by PMDG.  There are some games where the users can submit liveries/paints that are used by other users in game - Forza Horizon 5 allows users to upload paint jobs on the cars, and other users can download it and use it.  But I'm sure the legalities of those were sorted out by Microsoft (and in the same way, I think the upcoming change in the MSFS marketplace to offer free add-ons would also have those legalities resolved).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, MarkW said:

Great questions Mark.

1. I am a 3rd party painter, as much as I try to portray my paint packages as professional and standardized, I am not an official PMDG team member.  I am just a beta tester.  So, with that said....only paints from the PMDG painters are included in the Operations Center(OC) liveries page.  You install mine from that same OC under the Livery Utilities page.  I have included detailed instructions on all my uploads on how to properly install my paints.
  2. Sadly, I could not take the time to properly config my paints with the actual configs of the airlines.  I wanted to focus my time on the actual painting, and I'd probably only have 3 paints vs 11 done if I took that time to do it for each.  I leave that to the simmer, who can configure each airframe to their liking, be it as the actual airframe config, or a custom config suited to their flying preference.  If you have official configs already done (or just borrow them from the planes in the PMDG list with "Verified" in their thumbnail), you can easily add them.  Just think of it as a finalizing step you take to customize my paint to coincide with the config you want to fly. 🙂  The great news is that if you know the config of that airframe...either coding in in the FMC or the aircraft's ini file, is really not hard for those who want to do it.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't think Steve Dra is an official employee of PMDG, or an official contractor for PMDG.  So his liveries are technically not owned by PMDG.  For PMDG to offer Steve Dra's liveries, they would have to sign a formal contract with him, with Steve Dra giving away his liveries to PMDG for free. Also, there are legalities involved, like what if somebody finds Steve Dra's liveries offensive and sues the livery maker.  They would end up suing PMDG, if they had obtained Steve Dra's liveries from PMDG's Op Center.

For all these reasons, especially the legal reasons, I doubt that PMDG will officially offer Steve Dra's liveries.  Now if Steve Dra's liveries are made available at flightsim.to, PMDG is not liable for any lawsuits, etc, or other legal issues.

I could be wrong and Steve Dra's liveries will be available in the PMDG Ops Center.  But that would be weird of PMDG to do this, especially the legal issues around this, if Steve Dra is not employed or under contract by PMDG.  There are some games where the users can submit liveries/paints that are used by other users in game - Forza Horizon 5 allows users to upload paint jobs on the cars, and other users can download it and use it.  But I'm sure the legalities of those were sorted out by Microsoft (and in the same way, I think the upcoming change in the MSFS marketplace to offer free add-ons would also have those legalities resolved).

LOL...I don't think I've seen my forum name mentioned that many times in one post. 🤣  But as I confirmed in my subsequent post, you are spot on in your assessment.

PMDG just forgoes all the legal stuff by simply saying nope, your paints (nor any other 3rd party painter's) will be in the livery list in the OC.  Keeps it simple and separated.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL...I don't think I've seen my forum name mentioned that many times in one post. 🤣  But as I confirmed in my subsequent post, you are spot on in your assessment.

PMDG just forgoes all the legal stuff by simply saying nope, your paints (nor any other 3rd party painter's) will be in the livery list in the OC.  Keeps it simple and separated.

It's almost paint spam Steve 🤣

André

Just now, awf said:

It's almost paint spam Steve 🤣

Yep...hope you and your friends from your region will enjoy the KLM straight cheatline paint I did....I like it better than the curved cheatline

PtGftV.png

C7Y5iN.png

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Yep...hope you and your friends from your region will enjoy the KLM straight cheatline paint I did....I like it better than the curved cheatline

Looks good as always Steve. I hope you consider a C40B paint for one of the BBJ’s

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

50 minutes ago, awf said:

Well my guess is that it will be pretty easy to setup and save the route in the route folder via simbrief 😉

Use the simbrief downloader and it detects the new generated flightplan and saves it in the preferred aircraft folder (one time setup)

Sorry but simbrief does not allow me to create a flight plan because I dont have an AIRAC cicle and too expensive for me to buy.

Stelios Christofides

5 minutes ago, Stelios said:

Sorry but simbrief does not allow me to create a flight plan because I dont have an AIRAC cicle and too expensive for me to buy.

no need to buy the (latest) AIRAC, I am flying with an  old(er) one which is free and works perfect since month, e.g. with the FBW A320 and nowadays the 146. just enroute towards EKCH with one of my simbrief plans...

spacer.png

Edited by DAD
  • Upvote 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

35 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Looks good as always Steve. I hope you consider a C40B paint for one of the BBJ’s

I am considering painting every paint the 737-700 wore in her long career.  But that is the nature of a passionate livery painter, LOL.

Love the C40 and really want to do her (being a Navy guy you'd think that'd be my 1st paint)...however, I've been chatting with another passionate painter who already painted her on the P3d version and he's excited to bring his to MSFS.  I'd say be the end of the week, you'll probably have about a dozen C40 paints out there. LOL.

EDIT:

Sorry Wise, I need to get your attention...please remove the pics from your reply

...no need to dup the same pics over and over again.  I may be posting more and it just gets too cluttered. 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Let's goooooooo! Today is the day!

spacer.png

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 5/6/2022 at 7:44 PM, Wise87 said:

How can the additional ones be $29.99 when they are complete packages and don't need a base. You are thinking as if it was P3D when it comes to pricing. 

Because it has nothing to do with them being complete packages it has only to do with what PMDG projects with be their best course to take on pricing structure.  YOUR first purchase will be $X, and subsequent 737 purchase will be somewhere well under $X.  Therefore, if you wait for the 800 you're still going to pay $X.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X