Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

Hoping for an old SAS livery in there. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

8 minutes ago, Paul K said:

groaning under the strain by September

September? I predict by the end of this week!   Already 6-7 pages of MD paints in a weeks time...this one is gonna' break the internet. 😉 

3 minutes ago, Donka said:

Does a paint kit come with the 737 or is that a separate download?

Separate download.  the MSFS version is not ready yet, however the good news is that the P3d version is very similar so you can work with that while you wait (I did...I don't have the MSFS paintkit either and managed to paint a "few") 🙂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

55 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

Does this aircraft have systems failures due to bad procedures like the maddog ?

As it happens, PMDG posted a video about the failures system just a few hours ago. It looks very robust - failures can (optionally) be caused by not servicing the plane according to it's maintenance schedule, for example. They don't specifically address excess wear and tear due to operational mistakes, but since there's a maintenance / servicing system in place, I'd be surprised if failures due to negligence wasn't also modeled. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Hoping for an old SAS livery in there. 

There was not...only the new livery.  But Tavers painted one and it was featured on a Chewwy stream not long ago...Its stunning...but its from Tavers...no surprise there. 😉   He's on the PMDG beta test team as well.

Let's hope he posts it as soon as it's released.  I was going to paint one...but no need with his. 🙂   I'll be doing the old SAS on the -600 though.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Aglos77 said:

Does this aircraft have systems failures due to bad procedures like the maddog ?

Yes. Off the top of my head:

You can destroy the brake discs by excessive use; Carbon or steel brakes wear at different rates and require different braking techniques. If you do a high speed abort, you can completely melt the brakes, which eventually will burst the tires as well.

You can freeze the fuel in the tanks if you fly in very cold conditions without using the proper type of Jet fuel for cold weather flying.

You can burst the tires by landing too hard.

You can damage the nacelles with an engine / wing strike.

Not sure how else you can damage the aircraft. PMDG didn't go to iniBuilds, A2A, or DCS levels of damage modeling, but for your typical line ops flying, there are consequences to botched flying.

• Like 5

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

HYPE HYPE HYPE!  I'm not really an airliner guy but I'm excited.  Let's get the holdovers over here ASAP!

Can't wait to read the first comments from the new owners. That should be interesting. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can't wait to read the first comments from the new owners. That should be interesting. 

What do you expect them to be? Its going to be everyone who will sell their first born to PMDG giving nothing but praise to PMDG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

What do you expect them to be? Its going to be everyone who will sell their first born to PMDG giving nothing but praise to PMDG.

I am sure there will be glowing reports and a few " It is no better than the 737 I had three years ago" comments. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like you live and breath for the drama Bob. What's up with that?

• Like 7

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Yep...hope you and your friends from your region will enjoy the KLM straight cheatline paint I did....I like it better than the curved cheatline

PtGftV.png

Great paint Steve, since my oldest son is flying there, I have now an extra weak spot for the famous blue, keep spamming Steve 🤣

• Like 2

André

2 hours ago, Stelios said:

Sorry but simbrief does not allow me to create a flight plan because I dont have an AIRAC cicle and too expensive for me to buy.

See one below 😉

André

6 minutes ago, awf said:

See one below 😉

There is nothing below...

Stelios Christofides

1 minute ago, Victoroos said:

Is there a release time frame given?

Be on the lookout after 17:00 zulu.

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am sure there will be glowing reports and a few " It is no better than the 737 I had three years ago" comments. 

😂

BBC News: PMDG 737 too similar to PMDG 737.

Alexandria, Virginia: Avid flight simming enthusiasts are furious after the virtual 737-700 they purchased looks, sounds, and acts like a Boeing 737.

"I wanted it to rekindle my love for my hobby, but it only made me realize simming isn't my hobby; complaining is." Said one Avsimer who asked to remain anonymous. Avsim user Westair stated, "I'm buying it. And I expect it to feel like the first time I ever flew a plane in flight sim, back in 1996. I'm gonna run it from a floppy disc... Well, I had to order 2,500 floppy discs from Amazon, and also an old AOL - Netscape internet plan. I hope Randazzo can bring back the nostalgia of that first time, right before the game crashed because of all the computer viruses."

Experts from the National Transportation Simming Board (NTSB) said most users who expect too much will crash and burn, but that news didn't stop any of the thousands of avid simmers from intentionally setting themselves up for disappointment. NTSB Chairman Baeyurs Rimors added: "It's like a hype train, but, like, an airplane... and for some simmers, it's on a collision course with a mountain made of false hope,"

Despite the controversy, many angry simmers are lining up to do it all over again with the pending release of the Fenix Sim A320. Back to you, Bob!

(Disclaimer: The above is just a bit of tongue and cheek humor. If I didn't make you laugh, sorry!)

• Like 12

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.