Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

PMDG 737 appreciation topic!

Steve is trying to keep up with the young whippersnappers with paintbrushes! LoL...There are a lot of good painters out there...then there are some not-so-good.  I see a lot of painters rushing to get them out....quality be darned because its a feeding frenzy with paints at the moment. LOL   I'm just working at my normal pace, and most moving P3D liveries over.

Well over 200 paints so far this week at flightsim.to....that has got to set a record

Meanwhile, I just brought this paint over from my P3D version.

Ogdn48.png

And while I'm waiting for info on my Air Berlin paint...I'm putting this rare fictional (for me) together for a great freeware contributor who always gets a Lufthansa from me.

Ddsejt.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

49 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Meanwhile, I just brought this paint over from my P3D version.

She’s a beauty! Just took her from Montpellier to Bilbao 😁

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Almost everyone wants to play with the PMDG...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Awww. Poor pussycat. Maybe it's time you went outside in the cold and played with that mad dog. 🤣🤣

Seriously though, love the meme 😁

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I've just bought it and I have done 2 circuits at EIDW...very very impressed but now I have to go to bed but I dont want too!!! I want to stay up all night and fly my new 737.......love it!! 

Regards

Paul EGCC

After many years of not flying the 737 it all came back to me just like riding a bike. Loving it in MSFS.

• Like 2

I am really enjoying the PMDG 737-700.  I am sure it has its flaws but darned if I can find any?  It will improve in time like a lot of PMDG products.  I am looking forward to the 600's, 800's and 900's coming in the future plus the MAX's.  I can only hope but maybe one day PMDG could model the Classics and Jurassic's with the same fidelity that this plane has.  However this is a lot of work so I doubt we will see this but you never know!

If I have any constructive criticism I was disappointed the "None Winglet" model was not included.  A product of this scale spanned over multi releases really should have the option.  I have heard multiple stories that PMDG is considering it once all the other packages are complete but then at the same time I heard it will not be done.  I hope they consider it in a future upgrade.  Many of the earlier air frames could not be upgraded.  This is true for the 800 and early non ER 900's as well.  Of course the 600 never got certified for winglets so its cool that model does not have it!

I am having so much fun flying this aircraft in MSFS. Everything just works, and it's so smooth. This is what flight simulation is about. Alright, time for descent...gotta go! 😁

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

1 hour ago, Azapata87 said:

After many years of not flying the 737 it all came back to me just like riding a bike. Loving it in MSFS.

That was my thought exactly, I felt right back at home.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Holy carp - Emanuals' latest Autoland tutorial in the clouds and driving rain is amazing.  Love the rain sounds, skimming the cloud tops, beautifully executed Autoland.  Gotta try this myself later today!

Edited by RobF2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

I just need to deal a little with my Honeycomb Alpha as i found it much more sensitive than other aircrafts to small adjustments on the elevator axis. Anyone care to share there setup her ?

Same issue with my simple CH Yoke. A touch to sensitive compared to other planes indeed. 

I need to get used again to the 737 systems and ways of working. But it is coming back to me slowly. 

I've one bug(at least I think it is, as i can't remember it happening in p3d). The trim wheel slowly drifts after take off. Can't figure why it does it. 

I do think an EFB that would deal with the ground services would be better than menu diving the FMC. 

I've done now three flights after coming home from work. Flying in the dusk period is absolutely lovely. The lighting in the cockpit is stunning. 

But seeing all this the FBW320 ain't far off either. Which is a great development for MSFS

Appreciation....100% here!

My only gripe is in VR the leading edge part of the wing (slats) metallic elements are so scratched and dulled they negatively reflect the light; are there any painters or anyone know of any wing textures that have less weathered slats out there?  These are some weathered leading edge slats; perhaps some of the heaviest I have seen in the sim or real life.

Simon

A few hours ago I bought this as a birthday gift to myself. I had B737 from PMDG already in FS9 and FSX so it isn't all new a plane to me. But it was 6 years ago when I last flew this..

Having brought to MSFS platform this plane is very good and I even had to d/l checklist to be able to fire up engines after all these years. LNAV and VNAV worked seamlessly during my first fllight ( EDDM-EBBR) and fps was around 45 ( compared to FSX 15-19) in the cruise. I've until this day flown only excellent FBW A320N and DA-62 and been more than satisfied with them. I'm happy with my present 🙂 but I don't think I'll need another version in the future.

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

Perfect but too sensitive IMHO!

Does someone know how to use the time compression? I am sorry if it has been already answered somewhere, or if it is explained in the manual, where is this manual? I can't find it in the aircraft work folder! 😞