Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

I have to agree it's still some sort of beta and there are a few problems (I don't care about) of which I wonder if they will be able to solve them... Having said that: the few things FSHud does do well are enough for me to justify the purchase. I have to add though that these advantages are in comparison to default ATC. I look at FSHud as in improvement of default ATC so I might be more easily pleased than others. 😉

- no more useless switching between controllers all the time

- more realistic terminology

- FSHud can use hPa and isn't limited to inHg

- FSHud knows about transition levels and doesn't use FL180 all over the world

Those last two are worth it for me already. 😉

Those points are also true for P2ATC. So nothing new in my opinion. I hate having all kinds of apps and connections to make things work. Guess I'll have to wait till Asobo finally fixes this.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

12 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Those points are also true for P2ATC. So nothing new in my opinion. I hate having all kinds of apps and connections to make things work. Guess I'll have to wait till Asobo finally fixes this.

Could well be. I do like the more basic approach of FSHud though. Simple interface, simple usage, simple everything. To each his own. And yes, it would be great and best if Asobo would 'fix' default ATC but I honestly don't have high hopes for that which is why I went for FSHud.

• Like 2

In all the youtube videos I've looked at, ATC uses registration to contact flights. Why aren't they using callsigns? Also, does FShud make use of nav charts? If so, which ones? How good is Simbrief integration?

This addon seems promising but looks to be lacking some basics.

Suggestions to the developer;

1. Talk to RealTraffic and PSXseecon to figure out a way to integrate the 3 apps (may not be possible though). Traffic with these 2 apps is very good (with AIG models).

2. More options for the co-pilot voice, please!!.

3. Find a way to add FShud to the MSFS top toolbar, so we can use it in VR.

I'd like to purchase and encourage the devs but many questions remain. I already own Pilot2ATC, give me a good reason to switch and I will.😉

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

In all the youtube videos I've looked at, ATC uses registration to contact flights. Why aren't they using callsigns? Also, does FShud make use of nav charts? If so, which ones? How good is Simbrief integration?

1. Talk to RealTraffic and PSXseecon to figure out a way to integrate the 3 apps (may not be possible though). Traffic with these 2 apps is very good (with AIG models).

I'd like to purchase and encourage the devs but many questions remain. I already own Pilot2ATC, give me a good reason to switch and I will.😉

Hello,

Regarding callsign - we also saw it some YouTube - somehow it was missed up and people are using Airline Code and Flight Number as callsign:
for example "BAW1234" instead specifying "SPEEDBIRD" in Callsign and "1234" in flight number.
We even added separate tab in panel to edit all of that.

I may also answer about MSFS top toolbar that we do have plans for that - so the application window would be opened inside the simulator which makes it usable for VR.

Thank you

14 hours ago, FSHud said:

Hello,

Regarding callsign - we also saw it some YouTube - somehow it was missed up and people are using Airline Code and Flight Number as callsign:
for example "BAW1234" instead specifying "SPEEDBIRD" in Callsign and "1234" in flight number.
We even added separate tab in panel to edit all of that.

I may also answer about MSFS top toolbar that we do have plans for that - so the application window would be opened inside the simulator which makes it usable for VR.

Thank you

Hi and thank you for your reply. I'm looking forward to the addition of FShud to the MSFS toobar. I fly in VR, so this is an essential addition for me.

Do you think your app could automatically translate Simbrief callsigns to ATC phraseology? As examples, BAW1234 would be read back as Speedbird 1234? The callsigns are included in Simbrief flight plans. ATC should know BAW is Speedbird, AAL is American, ACA is Air Canada and so on.

Again, thank you for taking the time to listen to requests.

19 hours ago, airlinejets said:

That's not possible. PSXseeconTraffic controls its aircraft based on real live aircraft and Live ATC. There is no place for FSHud (two captains on a ship).

The only thing that FSHud could do is to detect PSXT aircraft and to take that information into account when directing the user aircraft.

Nico Kaan (PSXseeconTraffic).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's not possible. PSXseeconTraffic controls its aircraft based on real live aircraft and Live ATC. There is no place for FSHud (two captains on a ship).

The only thing that FSHud could do is to detect PSXT aircraft and to take that information into account when directing the user aircraft.

Nico Kaan (PSXseeconTraffic).

Thanks for the clarification Nico.

21 hours ago, airlinejets said:

One reason for me is the VOICES! I cannot take the P2ATC robotic stuff any longer. Tried to setup Polly voices AWS never would work. Also I love the FShud interface....very effective. Also the crossing runway restrictions, nice touch. Simbrief integration is flawless with the waypoints and SID STARS already there. Works great!

• Like 3

Chris Chiozza

On 7/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, airlinejets said:

Hi and thank you for your reply. I'm looking forward to the addition of FShud to the MSFS toobar. I fly in VR, so this is an essential addition for me.

Do you think your app could automatically translate Simbrief callsigns to ATC phraseology? As examples, BAW1234 would be read back as Speedbird 1234? The callsigns are included in Simbrief flight plans. ATC should know BAW is Speedbird, AAL is American, ACA is Air Canada and so on.

Again, thank you for taking the time to listen to requests.

The application actually does import airline ICAO and flight number finding appropriate callsign - there is an option to change callsign in SimBrief.
I'm not sure how it is specified in SimBrief - also it can be because airline is missing. 

2 minutes ago, FSHud said:

The application actually does import airline ICAO and flight number finding appropriate callsign - there is an option to change callsign in SimBrief.
I'm not sure how it is specified in SimBrief - also it can be because airline is missing. 

Nice to hear from you again. The only thing holding me back from purchasing at this moment, is FShud in MSFS toolbar, so I can use it in VR flights. How difficult a task is this for you? Is there a place where we can verify your changelog, so I would know when this feature is implimented?

thanks

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

Nice to hear from you again. The only thing holding me back from purchasing at this moment, is FShud in MSFS toolbar, so I can use it in VR flights. How difficult a task is this for you? Is there a place where we can verify your changelog, so I would know when this feature is implimented?

thanks

It would be implemented.
We have changelog - but it is for users only.
You can leave your email in our contact form and we will let you know when it would be released:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/contact
We also usually inform about new major features (and this feature is) in Flight1 Facebook page

26 minutes ago, FSHud said:

It would be implemented.
We have changelog - but it is for users only.
You can leave your email in our contact form and we will let you know when it would be released:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/contact
We also usually inform about new major features (and this feature is) in Flight1 Facebook page

I decided to purchase fshud. I'll see if there's a way to get the app to show up in VR. If not, I'll wait for you to implement this feature.

thanks

I'm thinking of purchasing this as well. Would like to know what items are not currently in the package and will be added at a later date. I've heard this program doesn't handle altitude constraints at the moment, or holding patterns/missed approaches? Is that correct?

51 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I'm thinking of purchasing this as well. Would like to know what items are not currently in the package and will be added at a later date. I've heard this program doesn't handle altitude constraints at the moment, or holding patterns/missed approaches? Is that correct?

Hello,
Constraints is relatively small problem that application currently has - it would be fixed in one of the next version.
Holding patterns and missed approach are features that would be added more later.
If those two things are very important for you - my suggestion is to wait.
Thank you

4 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Hello,
Constraints is relatively small problem that application currently has - it would be fixed in one of the next version.
Holding patterns and missed approach are features that would be added more later.
If those two things are very important for you - my suggestion is to wait.
Thank you

Thank you for answering my questions. As long as I know they will be coming I'm okay with that. Thank you again and I look forward to what your product offers in the future.