Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

It is so much better than default. The hold and crossing runways adds nice dimension. More than worth it IHO. Would love to get ATC chatter by stick and rudder to work as well.

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

On 6/29/2022 at 10:33 PM, Nyxx said:

I Bought pilot2ATC, DL windows voicers, just did first flight, Very good, nothing like default. Its was great. Easy to use once you do a bit of homework, never looked at the manual 😜

Which voices David find that the problem also with Pilot2ATC robotic sounds...

André

30 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

It is so much better than default. The hold and crossing runways adds nice dimension. More than worth it IHO. Would love to get ATC chatter by stick and rudder to work as well.

I can't agree. I tried it and found so much missing such as some airports don't work, marshalers and gangways don't work. I use AIG traffic and FSHud doesn't offer all of the features that the AIG controller offers. So, at least for me, the default program offered more features despite its obvious deficiencies. For the price, I didn't really see where FSHud was better that default.

Now, I really hope that changes and I see that they are working hard to address issues such as weather. So, there may be a time (I hope soon) where the cost is worth the benefits.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

7 hours ago, awf said:

Which voices David find that the problem also with Pilot2ATC robotic sounds...

There not perfect but OK! I find and use the best one for my copilot and the rest leave/set to random.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 6/29/2022 at 9:23 AM, KL Oo said:

Well, one would hope that the AI is using the correct runway given at least local wind, if not local airport procedures or restrictions. If the wind is 270/20 and you elect to land on runway 09 as opposed to 27 then you're doing it wrong. Given FSHud claims to be able to control AI, surely it must also read the wind and assign correct runways based on that wind...which it in turn should assign to you. 

I hear that over and over again. But it is MY simulator and MY flight. We are not flying in real life and we can't pretend to be. If MY weather injection like REX tells me that the wind is predicted to be 090/10 when I arrive at the airport, how should FSHud know about this? Or, I might set stormy weather just to practice flying in it, which makes real weather useless. How about historical weather? I want the ATC plugin to deal with any weather that is actually in MY simulator. If they are unable to read it due to missing SDKs, the easiest solution is to ask ME.

Furthermore, I just want the OPTION to fix the arrival traffic flow myself. I am not saying it should be done each time. But it seems I am asking too much.

Edited by flyingpauls

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

5 minutes ago, flyingpauls said:

I hear that over and over again. But it is MY simulator and MY flight. We are not flying in real life and we can't pretend to be. 

Well, for a lot of us I guess we do try and pretend to be...thats the point of Flight SIMULATING something...

6 minutes ago, flyingpauls said:

If MY weather injection like REX tells me that the wind is predicted to be 090/10 when I arrive at the airport, how should FSHud know about this? Or, I might set stormy weather just to practice flying in it, which makes real weather useless. How about historical weather? I want the ATC plugin to deal with any weather that is actually in MY simulator. If they are unable to read it due to missing SDKs, the easiest solution is to ask ME.

Thats fair enough. The simple answer is that external addons need to be able to read the weather that is actually being depicted in the sim. Apparently this ability is coming with SU10 although the exact details of what weather will be read, and on what scale (i.e. will it just be within a particular radius or anywhere).

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Bought it. Like it. A lot. But had problems with the Fenix: first flight MSFS CTD'd during loading, second time all Fenix screens were black, third flight MSFS CTD's while pausing the sim during climb. So... don't know who to blame here... I do know that last week the Fenix also CTD'd and had some problems before I installed FSHud. Never had CTD's before, really.

But anyway, from what I have seen so far FSHud definitely is an improvement over default ATC. SB-integration is great, no fooling around needed in the MSFS planner, just load the plan and go (didn't need to setup anything further!), voices are okay, instructions are good and realistic, no odd stuff like with default ATC (like constant switching between controllers), you can very easily change procedures and cruising alt, I even liked the co-pilot doing all the work, etc. Nice. Apart from the CTD's...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Bought it. Like it. A lot. But had problems with the Fenix: first flight MSFS CTD'd during loading, second time all Fenix screens were black, third flight MSFS CTD's while pausing the sim during climb. So... don't know who to blame here... I do know that last week the Fenix also CTD'd and had some problems before I installed FSHud. Never had CTD's before, really.

But anyway, from what I have seen so far FSHud definitely is an improvement over default ATC. SB-integration is great, no fooling around needed in the MSFS planner, just load the plan and go (didn't need to setup anything further!), voices are okay, instructions are good and realistic, no odd stuff like with default ATC (like constant switching between controllers), you can very easily change procedures and cruising alt, I even liked the co-pilot doing all the work, etc. Nice. Apart from the CTD's...

Cool - I had it and returned it. I'm hoping to try again. But not until these issues are fixed. Are you seeing these?

-lose contact after missing waypoint or taxi turnoff

-AI jumpiness

-some MSFS custom airports not working

-jetways and marshallers not working

-the challenge to import flight plans; I rarely was able to import an SB plan without having to tweak it

Rick Abshier

22 hours ago, ricka47 said:

Cool - I had it and returned it. I'm hoping to try again. But not until these issues are fixed. Are you seeing these?

-lose contact after missing waypoint or taxi turnoff

-AI jumpiness

-some MSFS custom airports not working

-jetways and marshallers not working

-the challenge to import flight plans; I rarely was able to import an SB plan without having to tweak it

This morning there was a hotfix and it solved losing contact,at least during taxi: I drove around LFPG and missed a turn and proceeded on the wrong road (B instead of Q): the arrow turned almost all the way back but suddenly snapped to the next waypoint regardless. When I got to the runway ATC was still talking to me. This was one of my MAIN problems/fears and it seems to be solved! 🙂

So far my SB-plans were imported without problems... must be lucky. I did notice FSHud ignores constraints in places and posted about that on their forum.

The other points are still there, I suppose, but I don't care about them at all so I didn't check them... I did see moving jetways though so I am not really sure what wasn't working on your side.

I am very happy with FSHud, even as it is now already: I do actually think it's an improvement over default ATC. No odd switching between controllers or odd assigned altitudes, easy interface in which you can easily change suggested procedures, realistic terminology... I like it and am happy I bought this (instead of something like Pilot2ATC with its Windows 3 interface and cumbersome planning etc. But that's a very personal opinion. 😉 )

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tup61 said:

This morning there was a hotfix and it solved losing contact,at least during taxi: I drove around LFPG and missed a turn and proceeded on the wrong road (B instead of Q): the arrow turned almost all the way back but suddenly snapped to the next waypoint regardless. When I got to the runway ATC was still talking to me. This was one of my MAIN problems/fears and it seems to be solved! 🙂

So far my SB-plans were imported without problems... must be lucky. I did notice FSHud ignores constraints in places and posted about that on their forum.

The other points are still there, I suppose, but I don't care about them at all so I didn't check them... I did see moving jetways though so I am not really sure what wasn't working on your side.

Great - I may try again soon. When I first got it they did say that jetways and marhallers weren't working. So, maybe that has been fixed. If they fixed the missed waypoint/taxiway issue that is also a big plus! If it's easier to import flight plans, that also is nice change to see.

About constraints, I saw the post in the FSHud forum. So, you mean if an approach shows that you need to get to FL2500 at ABCDE, ATC isn't paying attention to that?

Rick Abshier

21 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

About constraints, I saw the post in the FSHud forum. So, you mean if an approach shows that you need to get to FL2500 at ABCDE, ATC isn't paying attention to that?

Correct. I added an example on the official forum. In the end everything worked out fine but still... ATC should 'see' this. And I don't want to add all constraints manually myself (which is possible afaik). FSHud stilll has a way to go but for my use (!) it's great already.

EDIT
Just had another great flight from LFPG into EHAM. I was assigned an RNAV approach which was a littke surprise because I programmed an ILS already, (Can't remember if default ATC would do that too...?), Anyway, it worked like a charm, great voices and speech. And on ground I totally ignored the taxi instructions (on purpose as a test) but all along the way the arrow was updated and pointed towards the (apparently) next closest by waypoint and it finally led me to the assigned parking spot (which I couldn't find on the charts) after crossing grass and whatever. So this definitely has been improved! Missing a waypoint, at least on ground, isn't a problem anymore.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

Bought it and like it. 

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

21 hours ago, tup61 said:

Missing a waypoint, at least on ground, isn't a problem anymore.

Just did another flight and this time I purposely AVOIDED the taxi route ATC assigned me, both on the departure and arrival airport and both times all was well. So I can confirm that missing a waypoint won't result in losing contact with ATC. 

Having said that... As it is now it seems that ATC doesn't care at ALL how you drive across the airport. So this solution is a bit overdone... LOL ATC either is too strict or too forgiving. Either way doesn't feel realistic. I'd still like ATC to sort of controle me. 

Am I understanding correctly that this does not work at all with third party airports?  I’m curious to try it but fly almost exclusively to/from third party airports.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Am I understanding correctly that this does not work at all with third party airports?  I’m curious to try it but fly almost exclusively to/from third party airports.

Only from the msstore as what I understood?

• Like 1

André