Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

20 hours ago, TLDspectre said:

True, but the ideal solution would be to have FSHud ATC "auto-mute" or delay FS-ATC-Chatter while it is speaking. Not sure if this would be a high priority on the developer's to-do list, but it would be nice to have this feature nonetheless.

I really doubt if this is on the dev's to-do list at all. Specially since you don't need ATC chatter with FSHud because it injects its own traffic and actually talks to it. Which surely beats canned chatter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, tup61 said:

I really doubt if this is on the dev's to-do list at all. Specially since you don't need ATC chatter with FSHud because it injects its own traffic and actually talks to it. Which surely beats canned chatter.

Well, perhaps from a competition standpoint it might be considered, since the other 2 programs (ProATC and Pilot2ATC) support it. The canned chatter does come in handy when the traffic gets light, especially on those late-evening flights when I'm having trouble staying awake ... 😉 

Does anyone know what the settings traffic refresh & traffic migration actually do? It’s not very clear in the updated manual, I don’t know if I should have them lower or higher

12 hours ago, GreyStone93 said:

Does anyone know what the settings traffic refresh & traffic migration actually do? It’s not very clear in the updated manual, I don’t know if I should have them lower or higher

Hello,
Please open this link again to make sure it is the updated manual you've lastly seen:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/manuals/application-settings
As Higher settings you're set - more faster you'll get more traffic - but there would be more performance impact.
(not sure exactly what isn't clear in this manual)

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

Hello,
Please open this link again to make sure it is the updated manual you've lastly seen:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/manuals/application-settings
As Higher settings you're set - more faster you'll get more traffic - but there would be more performance impact.
(not sure exactly what isn't clear in this manual)

What do you mean by "higher settings"? As I understand it, if I change traffic refresh from 5 seconds to 10 seconds, I'll get less frequent traffic update thus improving my performance. 

"higher settings" means larger amount of traffic and larger amount of parallel migrations (meaning of parallel migration is explained in manual).
Regarding refresh time - yes, less frequent updates better CPU performance but there can be less traffic at the beginning.
The most optimal setup for that (if you really want large amount of traffic from the beginning) is to set refresh time to smallest value and wait some time (like a minute)
until you see enough traffic in the area.
After that changing it to more higher value (like 60 seconds).
It is not done automatically because of it is completely on user decision if he agrees to "sacrifice" performance impact to load traffic on current stage.

At the end - it is necessary to understand that all of that is a tradeoff between performance and amount of traffic although we are optimizing it continuously but still...
You may ask question why it doesn't happen with default traffic - well, the answer is that none except FSHud does those calculations of traffic separation.
In default traffic you continuously see that AI Aircraft going around and flying in formation circles for next landing - something that is completely prevented in FSHud.
Those calculations are very complex and it took us years to achieve current stage - therefore none of simulator traffic behavior wasn't improved for decades.
And even now, although high pressure on Asobo to improve it - they're not doing that - simple answer because it's very complex and requires large development effort and time.

• Like 1

I'm watching from distance at the moment this fantastic addon.

Since I'm interested to buy it only if a voice recognition will be implemented I ask to @FSHud if there are updates that they can share. I found some news back in May where they were working on it and there were some difficulties.

If there is a timeline or something similar for the voice recognition.

Edited by YouDontKnow

I would hope they fix the control part soon! Now I choose departue / arrival myself instead of giving me one based on the weather. Also it does not matter what I do. Descend or climb or fly a different arrival, FSHud does not care!

Last flight I was already descending myself because FSHud was too late with giving descend clearance as usual, then FSHud said report ready for descend? Not that it matters anyway because if I say ready for descend, I am not allowed to descend.

Giving vectors is also the same as a lot of other ATC software:

Turn right heading 125 / Turn left heading 127 / turn right heading 125 / turn left heading 127
And this repeated all the time.................. to many corrections!

The AI traffic is great though, it looks now more like a AI traffic simulator then ATC control, but I am sure it will be fixed in future updates!

Edited by rob0203

I've had some issues with FSHud in the last version that ATC just stops giving control in the middle of the flight. I should probably use it more to get more experience with it. Could very well have been user error. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I've had some issues with FSHud in the last version that ATC just stops giving control in the middle of the flight. I should probably use it more to get more experience with it. Could very well have been user error. 

Hello,
I strongly recommend you to open a ticket about it - the application definitely shouldn't stop giving instructions and if there is, we are releasing hotfix in several hours.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I would hope they fix the control part soon! Now I choose departue / arrival myself instead of giving me one based on the weather. Also it does not matter what I do. Descend or climb or fly a different arrival, FSHud does not care!

Last flight I was already descending myself because FSHud was too late with giving descend clearance as usual, then FSHud said report ready for descend? Not that it matters anyway because if I say ready for descend, I am not allowed to descend.

Turn right heading 125 / Turn left heading 127 / turn right heading 125 / turn left heading 127

The AI traffic is great though, it looks now more like a AI traffic simulator then ATC control, but I am sure it will be fixed in future updates!

This is exactly what we are working on at this moment.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

I'm watching from distance at the moment this fantastic addon.

Since I'm interested to buy it only if a voice recognition will be implemented I ask to @FSHud if there are updates that they can share. I found some news back in May where they were working on it and there were some difficulties.

If there is a timeline or something similar for the voice recognition.

We have in plans to add voice recognition, but more later. Mostly because voice recognition is kind of Pandora Box - we can't guarantee that it will work by 100% properly for all users
(with all advanced cloud technologies that big companies sell us - it still doesn't work properly as you're talking to another human).
All of that will arise many tickets and we will have to mess up only with voice recognition while there are other aspects still not working properly.
We prefer to make a housekeeping by fixing and finishing more reliable and correct ATC behavior (as mentioned by @rob0203), then moving on AI Traffic behavior fixes and only after that start adding voice recognition.
However - adding voice recognition on confirming instructions or saying with one meaning (for example before lineup saying "Ready for departure") could be implemented much more earlier. It is much more trivial, because there is only one option, it is not necessary to completely recognize what you've said "Ready for departure" or "My dog ate my video card".
While saying parametric sentences like "Request climb 6000" much more harder to differ the numeric values - and as I know, other ATC software has lots of problems with that.
By the end all of us are using same voice recognition technology.

Edited by FSHud
  • Like 3

How is fshud currently looking in the latest SU11 beta with fsltl? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:32 PM, rob0203 said:

Yesterday i was at FL320, i reported ready for descent and they asked me to climb to FL340.

Err, what ?

Is the "AI aircraft jumping every second" mentioned on the Flight 1 site fixed yet?  (Appreciated this is Asobo's fix to make).