Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Fenix A320: The End of a Beta

2 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Because wether you want to admit it or not, PMDG released bones compared to this FENIX release. RSR better deliver quality additions with his “2 week” update schedule. 

At this point, everything that a simmer needs should be able to be done from within the virtual cockpit seat. The days of having to outsource everything along side the sim is p3d garbage.

I agree with that second statement, but its still an amazing simulation.  

• Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

They haven't set the bar since FSX. Just like the real Boeing Co., stopped innovating. FSL was leaps ahead of them in P3D amd now Fenix in MSFS. Facts.

Ehh idk about leaps.  No mtbf failure model.  Very slow development, took forever to get the a319 and a321.  Pmdg had 4 variants.  Once they got it all together though the overall simulation minus mtbf failures and visuals was better it just took ages.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

9 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Ok sure, competition in the market is a wonderful thing.  I still dont get why every fenix thread becomes about pmdg.  People just love to bash pmdg because they have set the bar in the past.  Its dumb.  Bash a company that actually releases junk and doesnt support it instead.

“In the past.” Thats the issue. Everyone is saying they aren’t doing it currently. Its more constructive than anything else.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I was undecided about the Fenix, having got into the BAE 146 & really enjoying the FBW A320NX, but this looks just incredible. If early reports suggest acceptable frame rates (on my rather lowly system), it'll be a day one purchase for me.

• Upvote 1

We shall see after release. A purchase for me as the FBW has got me convinced that an Airbus can be a great aircraft in MSFS.  I never went the FSL route in P3D as it seemed to be more of a cult appeal instead of a consumer product IMHO.

My PMDG is almost flawless despite the critics but maybe, just maybe many of us are just bored as it a been there done that Groundhog Day experience.  After all the real 737NG hasn’t changed much in its 25 years.  Appealing for a fleet but for a sim???

I'll wait for the FSLab A320....

JUST kidding 🙂

• Like 5

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I can’t wait to respond “wife” to the airline ops ACARS wanting to know why I didn’t get off the block in time. 

• Like 8

This is absolutely the most incredible thing I've seen in flight sim! The level of detail is just out of this world! Especially the EFB alone is worth getting this plane! The UI is classy, elegant and drop dead sexy! Finally a dev that pays attention not only on the flight dynamics but the small details such as the UI/UX design on the EFB itself! I think this will be my most favorite plane to fly when it comes out. Sorry PMDG, but you're a close 2nd. I can't wait for release!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

43 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

At this point, everything that a simmer needs should be able to be done from within the virtual cockpit seat. The days of having to outsource everything along side the sim is p3d garbage.

This ^ x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Not much of an A320 fan but, I'll purchase because I'm an addon hoarder and the Fenix visuals look top notch.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Woah. This is gonna require at least 20 full paragraphs from RSR where he throws at least 5 PMDG separate entities under the bus.

• Upvote 2

Just saw a screenshot on Fennix Discord,looks like they have working windscreen wipers.

• Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

10 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Woah. This is gonna require at least 20 full paragraphs from RSR where he throws at least 5 PMDG separate entities under the bus.

Gonna be funny when he can't use the "limitations of Microsoft flight simulator" excuse he loves to reiterate when there are bugs are things missing from the plane.

• Upvote 1

day 1 buy .. without a doubt .. Not gonna hate on PMDG though .. as someone familiar with The "airbus way" of doing things i'm having a hard but very immersive time learning the competition. Not gonna hate on them at all. The more high fidelity AC available the more it lends credibility to the platform overall.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders