Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Fenix A320: The End of a Beta

1 hour ago, MegaRiceBall said:

It's alive! 

alive.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Never in my 30 years of flight simming have I looked more forward to a product than the Fenix! With MSFS as a base it looks like it will be incredible.

I am not a Boeing guy, but there is no need to bash PMDG. There will be a market for both of them and more.

The price is incredible! Can't wait!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

16 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Just saw a screenshot on Fennix Discord,looks like they have working windscreen wipers.

OMG ! They move?! And wipe water droplets?!  And to think we never imagined the day....

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I am doing a CYYZ-CYVR flight in PMDG 737,and I am blown away.

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

4 minutes ago, nikolajz1 said:
16 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Woah. This is gonna require at least 20 full paragraphs from RSR where he throws at least 5 PMDG separate entities under the bus.

Gonna be funny when he can't use the "limitations of Microsoft flight simulator" excuse he loves to reiterate when there are bugs are things missing from the plane.

'Gonna be funny'?  PMDG is a respected developer and easily on the top table with the likes of Just Flight, Milviz, FSW, SWS, FSLabs, FENIX and Leonardo.  I personally find the tone distasteful.  

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

They rarely innovate anymore and seem to rehash essentially the same product since FSX

It's a 737 - how does one 're-hash' an aircraft that is essentially the same as decades ago?

• Like 8

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Wow for only $60 I think I am going to get this over the PMDG 737-700.

• Like 1

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

'Gonna be funny'?  PMDG is a respected developer and easily on the top table with the likes of Just Flight, Milviz, FSW, SWS, FSLabs, FENIX and Leonardo.  I personally find the tone distasteful.

I agree. The amount of PMDG bashing going on lately is below the belt. No one knows what their coding challenges are so what they say for their product should be respected.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

Guys. Let’s not ruin a perfectly good topic. Please park the pmdg talk and consider the subject at hand when typing. 

• Like 19
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

It's a 737 - how does one 're-hash' an aircraft that is essentially the same as decades ago?

Spot on

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

56 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

By including some of the little items that have enhanced the user expirence in other aircraft in other platforms. Like GSX interaction, simbrief interaction, pax announcements and automation....just off the top of my head.

I don't mind PMDG....but they're not trail breaking anymore

Edited by KL Oo
  • Upvote 4

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I am floored... @Aamir just want to say how amazing it is to see what you and the team are contributing to MSFS with this scorcher of an aircraft developed with passion and spectacular attention to details in all forms... so great seeing you go from that excited viewer during your gamer streaming days watching the Flight Simulator E3 2019 announcement (as we all were) to helming a company like Fenix now about to deliver what surely looks to be a game changer of an aircraft not just from the MSFS perspective, but IMO *all* flight sims. For those who've not seen it, check out this montage of streamers and others reacting to the MSFS E3 2019 announcement, Aamir comes in around 1:29 in video below :)

What a month for MSFS, and it's all just the beginning!  

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 15

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I am floored... @Aamir just want to say how amazing it is to see what you and the team are contributing to MSFS with this scorcher of an aircraft developed with passion and spectacular attention to details in all forms... It's so great seeing you go from that excited viewer watching the Flight Simulator E3 2019 announcement (as we all were) to helming a company like Fenix now delivering a game changer of an aircraft add-on not just from the MSFS perspective but IMO *all* flight sims. For those who've not seen it, check out this montage of streamers and others reacting to the MSFS E3 2019 announcement, Aamir comes in around 1:29 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENrtZhmmf68

What a month for MSFS, and it's all just the beginning!  

that reaction was priceless.

• Like 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I don’t understand the hostility toward PMDG either. They delivered an amazing aircraft but just aren’t innovating at the speed of Fenix.

This is an amazing situation for us simmers. Multiple devs delivering great aircraft and pushing the envelope on innovation - eg. Who knows if the Fenix would have had a MTBF model without PMDG doing it first.

Hopefully PMDG use what I suspect is a good cash injection from the NG launch to invest in their own innovation, albeit this is harder when trying to get multiple aircraft into the platform.

Exciting years ahead 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Wow!!  i'm not sure what to say beyond that at this point but wow, sign me up!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU