Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

Tease! When can I have her?

😛

C

4 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Hi Bob,

The A320 can boil down to "ready to go" in around 10 steps if you discount flight planning. 

1. Plan your flight via SimBrief.

2. Load the aircraft on the runway of your choice.

3. It will load with engines running.

4. Look over to the EFB, hit the Fenix App, and import your SimBrief plan.

5. Click on weights and balance, hit import, then instant.

6. Look down at the MCDU - INIT - then INIT FPLN UPLINK - put in your planned cruise altitude and CI

7. Next page, input the weights and fuel you're using on your plan

8. Next page, over to the FPLN page, click your departure, and then simply select the runway and desired departure procedure (or just use none!)

9. Over to the PERF page, use the app in the EFB to get your numbers in 3 clicks, and stick em in the PERF page.

10. Set the flap as requested in the EFB, set the trim, hit the TO CONFIG button. Kick the bright and flashy bits on.

Hit the happy levers. 

It'll handle the entire departure for you, maintaining speeds, altitude constraints, the lot. All you need to do is set the altitude knob to your cruise level, and push once. She'll get there respecting all the required legalities.

(or you could fly all of that yourself, aided by the awesome fly by wire system - but either way, you've got the help if you want it!)

Yeah, the A320 is an incredibly complex airplane, and there's a lot of it available for you to dive into in the Fenix, if you want to - but one of the core characteristics of this airplane is it's sheer friendliness and usability, which is what the several dozen computers behind the scenes are working so hard for! 🙂

(Of course... there are quirks..)

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

57 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't know whether I have the patience anymore to jump through all the hoops to get an A320 ready for a flight.

For me it's different Bob. I enjoy the process of getting the aircraft ready for flight. It may seem tedious, but it's something about learning the aircraft systems and flows, and getting a complex airliner set up from cold, dark and empty. It's fulfilling. I even bother with the simulation of passenger, cargo and fuel loading. And takeoff performance calculations to get the correct flex / assumed temps for an optimal takeoff run based on the conditions. And if I want a different experience I can always hop in to the Kodiak 🙂

And since I don't have small kids (anymore) I'm lucky to have the time to spend 3 hours in the Airbus when the flight time is 45 minutes. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I've flown the FBW Airbus quite often and going from cold and dark to take off is usually done within 10 minutes. If I use a ready to use MSFS plan and skip Simbrief it's done in even less, almost as quick as setting up the C310. 😉 Once you know the flows and specially once you know the mandatory buttons to push (if you don't use failures you can ignore entire lists of things to do!) it doesn't really take much time. If I let the plane start on the runway it's a matter of a few clicks indeed, as Aamir posted.

As someone else said you might wonder if the Fenix is worth it if you only use it like that but I have to say... knowing what is possible with it (if you do want to dig in deeper), how realistic and deep the systems are simulated and the fact that every screen and options works (always nice to keep you entertained during longer flights 😉 ) then even if you use it in a simple mode it is worth the 50 pounds...! The detailed graphics (more detailed than the default/FBW 320) are also worth the money imho!

Having said all that: at least once a week I try to do a 'proper' flight and take every step that's done in real life. Then it all takes a bit more time LOL I can't wait to experience this realism with the Fenix Airbus!!! As I said, even if you don't use certain options it does add to the immersion imho that certain things are possible if you want to!

Part of the fun of flying a modern airliner IS programming the FMC/CDU, planning ahead meticulously, and rather "manage" it than "fly" it. I just love that part (which is why I stayed with P3D for a long time before really switching to MSFS), but it's not for the most people. Anyway of course you can also with the A320 just turn on the APU, start the engines, set flaps and takeoff and fly around - whatever floats your boat.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I enjoy the process of getting the aircraft ready for flight. It may seem tedious, but it's something about learning the aircraft systems and flows, and getting a complex airliner set up from cold, dark and empty. It's fulfilling.... And takeoff performance calculations to get the correct flex / assumed temps for an optimal takeoff run based on the conditions.

I must admit I feel particularly smug when my actual landing fuel is within 100 kgs of my planned landing fuel in the MJC8 Q400. I manually fuel plan on that too 😄 There's a certain reward for a well planned flight coming together, foreseeing issues and having means in place to deal with them already.

And I really do love knowing the thing inside out, just being able to fly through the flow and checklists and know nothing will come bite in the word not allowed later!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

• Like 15

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

Yeah, the A320 is an incredibly complex airplane, and there's a lot of it available for you to dive into in the Fenix, if you want to - but one of the core characteristics of this airplane is it's sheer friendliness and usability, which is what the several dozen computers behind the scenes are working so hard for! 🙂

That's why I love Airbus, easy to handle and relaxing to fly, yet it's complex enough

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I am sold after watching this video. Will be getting the Airbus for sure. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

LOL Yeah, it's great, isn't it? Worth the 50 pounds for sure! I's a steal! BTW I absolutely love those 320 Sim Pilot movies: he is the best and my ONLY favorite Youtuber. Can't wait for everything he will be uploading the coming weeks (lots of tutorials teaching you real world pilot tricks!)!

Edited by tup61
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Dang Bobster! Look at you! 😄

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I Know this is a very open ended question as everyone has different PC specs etc. but here goes.

Does anyone know how the performance stacks up against the FBW A320, I have checked a few streams and have not come across a direct comparison when the FENIX product has been run on the same machine as the FBW aircraft.

DOH !!! just clicked on You Tube and Easyjetsim pilot has just answered my question with a video posted 28 mins ago.

Regards

Edited by Nicholas Jackson

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

Dang Bobster! Look at you! 😄

Yeah, I got hooked on all the features this aircraft has. Flew the 737 for years, and for me , it lost it's luster. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

easyjetsimpilot showcasing the Fenix doing an RNP approach... it's a recorded stream so only go watch if you have the time or are ok with fast forwarding over bits you don't care for 🙂

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

https://shop.fenixsim.com/collections/frontpage

It appears Aamir lied to us. The product is on sale for £9,999,999.99 British Pound Sterling. 😂

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 minutes ago, WestAir said:

https://shop.fenixsim.com/collections/frontpage

It appears Aamir lied to us. The product is on sale for £9,999,999.99 British Pound Sterling. 😂

Lol, PMDG...........😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip