Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@Hatch76 Most of us have been brainwashed by the ridicolous addon price inflation that P3D bought about

It wasn't "ridiculous", it was simple economy: Small target group (= not many potential buyers), high development costs, high price to make any profit. MSFS changed this calculation because of it's wide audience, that's all.
Interestingly this did not work out for airports, since those sales in MSFS have been quite underwhelming (in comparison to aircraft). That's why initially we saw 15 dollar top notch airports (KLAS from FlyTampa for example), but by now prices have gone back to almost P3D level. Exactly for the same reason: Not enough potential buyers.

42 minutes ago, cepact said:

Fenix really cheated their way into the flight sim scene using Prosim. Very smart move but unfair to the other developers ... too bad no one ever had that idea before, I guess people never even bothered to take the initiative thinking a company like Prosim would never accept such a deal. This one move is single reason they have been able to achieve what they've done. They started with a simulator already made and already superior to PMDG, so they had all their time to focus on visuals and make everything perfect as possible.

I couldn't care less how they did it: if they found an a320 simulator in some ancient Egyptian ruins, if this is the product of some alien tech, paranormal stuff or some kind of pact with the devil. As long as it works.

• Like 9

Juan Ramos

It seems that not a corner was cut with this airplane.

The "marvelous" A320.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@Aamir

Please check your PM/DM's 

Thank you.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

32 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's why initially we saw 15 dollar top notch airports (KLAS from FlyTampa for example)

KLAS was released at $19.99 (and still is).

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Very good performance then.

If it runs acceptably on a GTX 1660 and a Ryzen 5 3600 then I don't think there's any problem. He says that's mid-spec, but for a flight sim I think that's towards low spec with the GPU bottleneck. If you went to build a PC now you'd be choosing a 3060 at bare minimum which will significantly outperform his rig.

And by the time the next generation of hardware rolls around (very soon) it'll run like butter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

It wasn't "ridiculous", it was simple economy: Small target group (= not many potential buyers), high development costs, high price to make any profit. MSFS changed this calculation because of it's wide audience, that's all.

You are entitled to your opinion but I vehementley disagree, it was profiteering. PMDG started it with their no upgrade path policy between FSX and P3D (utilising their EULA to force a complete repurchase of a near identical product), then continued by using the pretense of "not an entertainment product" to jack up the price of their ports to P3D massively relative to what they had cost on FSX. Most other high-end developers realised they could follow suit as most customers just sucked up PMDG's increases (not Sir Lord Darth Skinflint here obviously) and this vastly inflated pricing became normalised in the market. It didn't have to be that way, Majestic showed sensible pricing was still perfectly workable with 64 bit P3D.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

You are entitled to your opinion but I vehementley disagree, it was profiteering. PMDG started it with their no upgrade path policy between FSX and P3D, then started using the pretense of "not an entertainment product" to jack up the price of their ports to P3D massively relative to their FSX pricing. Then most other developers realised they could follow suit. It didn't have to be that way, Majestic showed sensible pricing was still perfectly workable with 64 bit P3D.

Well I just got the PMDG 737 for MSFS for free.  And I still have another $30 credit left over.  So if they're "profiteering"...they're not very good at it.

• Like 2

No you didn't. You pre-paid because PMDG needed some cashflow after everyone stopped buying stuff because MFS was announced. But I'm not about to argue with the PMDG fan club, I can't win against your demigod Randazzo.

You think PMDG's new standalone pricing strategy is out of the goodness of their heart? It's because the in-game marketplace won't support their model where some of the most popular variants are released as expansions (I mean who would've bought the 777-200LR if it wasn't the base product?) and they needed to sell on that platform to maximise sales.

Anyway this is going off-topic as it's a Fenix thread, the point is that Fenix pricing is very sensible, and it seems a bargain now because we've been brainwashed into paying 3 figure sums for study level birds on P3D.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 hours ago, tweekz said:

@Aamir

I'd be interested how the flight model was done. Is it outside of the sim or does it use the MSFS physics?

Aamir has chimed in on their discord a while back that their 320 makes use of MSFS core aerodynamics/physics engine, the systems stuff like ecam/etc are done externally via the ProSim code. At the end of the day, it's always key as to how the aircraft developer tunes their aircraft (parameters, geometry, etc) for the core MSFS flight-model and aerodynamics engine. So it's great to see that many are commenting including 320simpilot on how the handling and aerodynamics are spot on in the Fenix A320. It's an example of MSFS's core flight model and aerodynamics being properly taken advantage of and implemented/tuned by an expert developer, and I think a great showcase of what MSFS can do when it comes to flight model and aerodynamics.. other great examples are the Milviz C310, PMDG 737, default C172, and as we'll hopefully see soon the iniBuilds A310.

I don't think something as fundamental as the core flight model/physics of an aircraft can be done *completely* outside of MSFS unless you have a complex multi-sim set up where MSFS is just used as a display client, with aircraft position in the world being fed in via simvars and actual operating/flying and simulation of aircraft is done entirely outside of MSFS on a separate flight sim "server", etc... i.e. see

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, cepact said:

Fenix really cheated their way into the flight sim scene using Prosim. Very smart move but unfair to the other developers ... too bad no one ever had that idea before, I guess people never even bothered to take the initiative thinking a company like Prosim would never accept such a deal. This one move is single reason they have been able to achieve what they've done. They started with a simulator already made and already superior to PMDG, so they had all their time to focus on visuals and make everything perfect as possible.

So what?  The level of Hubris on display here is over the top. You speak with a lot of authority as if you really knew the things that you proclaim as opposed to what you think that you and only you know, hence the reason for your diatribe of a post. 
-B

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I don't think something as fundamental as core flight model/physics of an aircraft can be done *completely* outside of MSFS unless you have a complex set up where MSFS is just used as a display client, with aircraft position in the world being fed in via simvars and actual operating/flying and simulation of aircraft is done entirely outside of MSFS on a separate flight sim "server", etc... i.e. see

The only time I am aware of this being done for a Microsoft flight simulator was the Majestic Q400 that utilised Nasa's JSBSim engine to do the aerodynamics, using FSX/P3D to provide weather input and display output (it was effectively slewed through the MS world by JSBSim). It was great but it comes with its own problems. The MFS flight dynamics are more advanced than FSX/P3D, especially with the CFD stuff that came in SU9, so I think much of what Majestic needed JSBSim to do can now be achieved within the simulator.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

support1.jpg

6 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

No you didn't. You pre-paid because PMDG needed some cashflow after everyone stopped buying stuff because MFS was announced. But I'm not about to argue with the PMDG fan club, I can't win against your demigod Randazzo.

You think PMDG's new standalone pricing strategy is out of the goodness of their heart? It's because the in-game marketplace won't support their model where some of the most popular variants are released as expansions (I mean who would've bought the 777-200LR otherwise?) and they need to be on that platform to maximise sales.

Anyway this is going off-topic as it's a Fenix thread, the point is that Fenix pricing is very sensible, and it seems a bargain now because we've been brainwashed into paying 3 figure sums for study level birds on P3D.

Actually, I'm probably not a PMDG word not allowed.  I'm very much looking forward to the Fenix A320 as well.  But neither one of them cost more than what dinner costs me almost every night.  Ubereats...now that's profiteering.  And I only get 15 minutes of entertainment out of it.

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just got a chance to watch this... good lord the details and depth of simulation, and this is just scratching the surface! Some stuff I caught:

- brake fans actually simulated and animated (can go look at wheels close up to see the fans spinning inside)
- accumulator can be recharged by closing cargo doors
- ailerons drooping down over time due to hydraulics pressure drop while aircraft parked
- when apu goes on packs turn off automatically but if engine aren't started after some time packs come back on
- realistic apu bleed and keeps running for a bit  to cool itself, realistic time taken for this
- realistic multi-led strobe light blinking sequences
- sun visors for cockpit front/side windows realistic opacity and color
- flaps realistically buffeting in wind to varying degrees depending on flap position!, 320simpilot said he's not seen this before in any sim, I don't recall either
- etc

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Come on @Aamir, Fifi called and told me she's wearing Channel (a little black dress, bag and pumps) and a pearl choker.  She's waiting for me at 1 Av. d'Aéroconstellation and is impatient.... surely a chap can't be late for a first date with a Goddess?

😛

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper