Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering, do you think Asobo team will mention Fenix during the next Q&A?

22 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Ugh. This sounds like the old SSW way of controlling piracy. It was cumbersome and thankfully, after years of grumbling and lost business, they finally canned it.

Hey - sorry if this has put you off! We ran through a bunch of different approaches, and this was the one people liked best. If it turns out our testing group doesn't represent the majority and users aren't happy with it, you can be sure we'll look at alternatives!

• Like 12

Aamir Thacker

@Aamir is it true that sim rate 2x is the max? No 4x? 😑

Lukas Dalton

8 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Hey - sorry if this has put you off! We ran through a bunch of different approaches, and this was the one people liked best. If it turns out our testing group doesn't represent the majority and users aren't happy with it, you can be sure we'll look at alternatives!

Well it didn't put me personally off enough to not buy their add-ons, but when a license needed to be reset,  they were ten hours ahead of me so often they'd be sound asleep in the fart sack, and the wait was a drag! But the larger concern was, if their business closed or their key man took a powder, the customer would be left high and dry.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

5 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Well it didn't put me personally off enough to not buy their add-ons, but when a license needed to be reset,  they were ten hours ahead of me so often they'd be sound asleep in the fart sack, and the wait was a drag! But the larger concern was, if their business closed or their key man took a powder, the customer would be left high and dry.

I agree with the out of business bit. I know MSFS is also an always on licensing thing, but I can be reasonably certain that Microsoft isn't going to suddenly go out of business. With a smaller company like Fenix (no disrespect, but I'm sure you're not as big as MSFT), you do have the possibility that the loss of one or two key members can lead to the company going out of business. 

It would be great to get some sort of comment/commitment that "In case we're going out of business, we will remove the licensing check" as other game developers have done in the past. 

At the end of the day, it's only $60, so it's not the end of the world if I can get a year or two of simming out of the plane, but it's just one of those little things that makes a difference. 

• Like 2

As with the PMDG 737 I'm always on the lookout for IRL pilots opinions in trying this aircraft... of course 320simpilot is one of the ultimate sources as he's a veteran IRL 320 captain and simmer and has had nothing but glowing praise for its depth of realism in both handling/aerodnyamics and systems. Another IRL pilot chimed in on his videos with: "As an Airbus production test pilot (ret) and certified UPRT instructor I am very impressed with the Fenix A320 flight model...dare I say it's almost as good as a multimillion-dollar flight simulator. Amazing work from the team and excellent demo from 320 Sim Pilot"

And BlackBox711 making the Fenix autopilot do a complex RNP approach into Rio starts at this point in one of his videos, he was quite surprised and impressed by how perfectly the approach was flown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jawMccGjOlM&t=4984s ... I've flown in as a passenger a couple of times to Rio on this approach and the scenery and views are stupendous, and equally so in msfs.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Out of that entire list of issues, I didn't see anything close to a show stopper.   If this is the worst, then it's a good freakin day for us.  

Well done to Amir and the team.  It's obvious that they have done a wonderful job in all aspects.  Can't wait for release day!! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Running the Fenix at Brussels on a mediocre computer...

My rig is slightly better gpu, and I use slightly higher settings in MSFS display options, but my fps are just about identical with any glass screen plane. In other words no problem for Easyjetsimpilot and would be no problem for me. Except at iniScene Heathrow or the Swiss mesh. Performance will not be an issue with this airliner.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

What a refreshing transparent attitude... Chances are every other high fidelity addon has much worse compromises than the slightly off fuel burn and they would never tell you and you would never know. These guys tell you in advance and are already adding the new engine model after the release anyway...

@Aamir@Aamir you guys deserve the incoming success every bit and more, and I hope this is only the beginning of a long line of products that you bring to MSFS... 

• Like 7

Aamir's comment on "we have so much we want to do" frightens me. What else could they possibly have up their sleeve? 😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

What else could they possibly have up their sleeve? 😂

The complete catering stuff is not simulated and animated?
I've seen no stewards serving drinks and food in the streams. Who is brewing coffee?
Also, on the airports parking lot, the ticket automates needs proper displays and system simulation!

So many things to do!!!

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No concerns here. And great to see some real trnasparency to boot.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 hours ago, DaWu said:

@Aamir is it true that sim rate 2x is the max? No 4x? 😑

I would be interested in this as well. It may sound funny, but one of the features I was hoping for from the Fenix compared to the FBW was being able to do more than 2x sim rate. I have limited time for simming, and time acceleration enables me to do some of the longer sectors. 

• Like 1