Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

No, it does not. At least it did not last week. It's 2x max.

yes it does. it does even 16x if you disable the autolimiter.

Lukas Dalton

Does anyone (beta tester, streamer) know if you can calibrate your controller in such a way that you have to press a button (modifier) in order to enable the thrust reverser? So as you can do with the FWB Airbus?

I've been watching lots of video's and have seen people callibrate their controller but they all seem to have controllers that have a detent for the reverser. I have a simple joystick with a simple slider and with the FBW pulling my throttle fully back sets it to idle: after pressing a button I can control the reverser with that same lever (pushing it forward in order to pull the lever back in the cockpit). Man, that's a lot of text to ask something simple. 😉

The thing is that it's quite inconvenient to have idle somewhere in the middle of my throttle slider: before you know it you overshoot it and go into reverse.

26 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

As someone eagerly awaiting the release, may I gently ask that we please stay on topic in this thread (the Fenix NDA lifting, Fenix information and the Fenix release announcement)?

Thanks for considering before posting on this thread… there are countless others to choose from.

I check this one often with bated breath, and ‘it’s oft for naught.

Ta- c

Totally agree, although I would love to make a dollar off of every time PMDG and FBW is mentioned in this thread. I could buy a copy and about 20 sceneries. 😆

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

Totally agree, although I would love to make a dollar off of every time. PMDG and FBW is mentioned in this thread.😆

I don't understand why on this forum, when a topic is about brand X, that almost within a few posts, someone has to start talking about why Brand Y is so great..  It gets really tedious reading through all that dribble. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

It gets really tedious reading through all that dribble. 

Dribble? Is that an American thing or have you misheard 'drivel' 😄

2 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Dribble? Is that an American thing or have you misheard 'drivel' 😄

Yeah, that's what I meant.. It's early here. Not awake fully yet. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

As someone eagerly awaiting the release, may I gently ask that we please stay on topic in this thread (the Fenix NDA lifting, Fenix information and the Fenix release announcement)?

Thanks for considering before posting on this thread… there are countless others to choose from.

I check this one often with bated breath, and ‘it’s oft for naught.

Ta- c

I'm responding to inform you that I won't be responding. 🙂 

But on a more on-topic note....I've read thru many sources that a weekend release is looking better and better.  I have informed my spouse. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant.. It's early here. Not awake fully yet. 

I dunno Bob, I think both definitions of 'dribble' fit in this case just as well 🙂 

1 hour ago, superspud said:

I'm currently all MSI, but not for much longer. 

I'm now on my 5th replacement GPU fan for my main one. 

That pesky MSFS.

I used to have a GE62 laptop from MSI and changed the fan 4 times in total.

Once I even had to go to a special electronic landfill in Western Africa, to find a close match and use my Dremel and some glue to make it fit, because it would thermal throttle to under 800Mhz.

Now I avoid MSI when I can

As you wait for release, some videos/streams from noteable simmers/pilots:

Easyjetsimpilot using latest build with optimizations & fixes (recorded): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6JwV1-LYuE
jonFezza high-elevation TOGA out of Quito (recorded): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru4-i_LZrsY
a320simpilot (live, starts @ 10:30am EST): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mz3gqXq0HY
flightdeck2sim (live, starts @ 3pm EST): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE6Bb90AIBA
Fabio on live now: https://www.twitch.tv/theflyingfabio

Edited by lwt1971
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

22 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Does anyone (beta tester, streamer) know if you can calibrate your controller in such a way that you have to press a button (modifier) in order to enable the thrust reverser? So as you can do with the FWB Airbus?

I've been watching lots of video's and have seen people callibrate their controller but they all seem to have controllers that have a detent for the reverser. I have a simple joystick with a simple slider and with the FBW pulling my throttle fully back sets it to idle: after pressing a button I can control the reverser with that same lever (pushing it forward in order to pull the lever back in the cockpit). Man, that's a lot of text to ask something simple. 😉

The thing is that it's quite inconvenient to have idle somewhere in the middle of my throttle slider: before you know it you overshoot it and go into reverse.

Unless they've done something really funky you should be able to achieve this with the "toggle reverse thrusters" binding found in the control settings.

• Like 1

Anyone knows whats stopping Fenix from releasing it now that its out of beta ? I mean streamers streaming it all day now... 

• Like 2

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Anyone knows whats stopping Fenix from releasing it now that its out of beta ? I mean streamers streaming it all day now... 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/619099-fenix-nda-lifted-at-1200z/?do=findComment&comment=4776977

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

They found bugs and released a new build for the testers. The tests need to be run again in order to verify if it's good to go.

Fair enough. I just wonder since when streamers became testers but ok...

• Like 1

Roi Ben