Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Fair enough. I just wonder since when streamers became testers but ok...

Well a good share of these streamers are also IRL pilots (some are A320 captains and FOs) and veteran simmers, some of whome have been helping Fenix with testing since alpha. Again, helps to be mindful of context here... NDA was only lifted on Monday so that streamers/testers/reviewers can show off the release candidate builds, it is now Wednesday 🙂 Given Aamir's latest update it's very likely to release <= Friday.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 8

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

8 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I'm sure you can work it out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Well a good share of these streamers are also IRL pilots (some are A320 captains and FOs) and veteran simmers, some of whome have been helping Fenix with testing since alpha. Again, helps to be mindful of context here... NDA was only lifted on Monday so that streamers/testers/reviewers can show off the release candidate builds, it is now Wednesday 🙂 Given Aamir's latest update it's very likely to release <= Friday.

I think I read someplace that Fenix had around 100 A 320 pilots helping them with this aircraft. 

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I'm not sure they said the bug was found by a streamer. And even if it was... a bug is a bug, no matter who finds it, and if it's serious enough, you need to fix it before release. It'd be preferable to find the bug earlier in the process, but that's how it goes.

Edit: And, as others have pointed out, some of the streamers are testers too, or, in the case of @KatiePilot, even developers. 

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, martinboehme said:

I'm not sure they said the bug was found by a streamer. And even if it was... a bug is a bug, no matter who finds it, and if it's serious enough, you need to fix it before release. It'd be preferable to find the bug earlier in the process, but that's how it goes.

I would rather see obvious bugs fixed before release. I am tired of waiting for promised fixes to bugs, in payware aircraft I already own, for months if not longer. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as the saying goes. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

EDIT: Ignore, thought I was replying to something else 🙂

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am tired of waiting for promised fixes to bugs, in payware aircraft I already own, for months if not longer.

Don't worry, it's not the DC-6 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

320simpilot just started his YT stream of a full flight from Bristol to Zakynthos... should be a good one as he'll mostly focus on the aircraft and flight, and doing it proper starting cold & dark with outside stroll-around:

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

No, it does not. At least it did not last week. It's 2x max.

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

yes it does. it does even 16x if you disable the autolimiter.

How do you do so?

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.4 GHz, 2x8 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (yeah, G-Sync compatible), Windows 10 Pro. Runing P3D 5.3 and MSFS2020 there.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Despite this, running P3D 4.5 and FSX-SE there. ASUS TUF FX504GD now for sale (thanks for your service!).

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Just now, Mo123 said:

How many times you want to show this video? 😄

What are you on about :), it's a live steam and being shown for the first time since around 25 mins ago.

• Like 1

Len

2 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

What are you on about :), it's a live steam and being shown for the first time since around 25 mins ago.

Alright😁

Mo45

16 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

It's an example of MSFS's core flight model and aerodynamics being properly taken advantage of and implemented/tuned by an expert developer, and I think a great showcase of what MSFS can do when it comes to flight model and aerodynamics..

Yeah, I thought it was modeled outside. Like it is in so many other top-quality addons like the Majestic Dash on FSX/P3D or the Flight Factor A320 on XP.

If that's the MSFS core flight model then it's truly a statement.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂 Looking forward to XP12

Has anyone had a chance to look at the new optimised build and noted any changes in fps/stuttering? Not had a chance to see any streams today.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Has anyone had a chance to look at the new optimized build and noted any changes in fps/stuttering? Not had a chance to see any streams today.

I believe the stutters on some of the Youtube videos were caused by the PC's streaming the video, which was mentioned multiple times  during the videos. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 4

spacer.png