Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

1 hour ago, masaki said:

Hi all, engine startup sounds are almost non-audible in the cockpit. As a matter of fact, only after 34-35%N1 that I hear the engines.

The usual suspects have been checked (headphone simulation etc)

Anyone else having this issue?

Did you make sure to disable ‘headphones’ mode in settings?

19 minutes ago, DAD said:

I am at least sure I saw a 2x setting somewhere buried in the MCDU settings. But didn’t try it myself yet

I was wondering the same, couldn’t find anything in the MCDU and regular key binds didn’t work.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I just got an email from x-plane.org telling me my FF A320 received an update to version 1.3....RIP.

• Like 5

Ryan

16 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Did you make sure to disable ‘headphones’ mode in settings?

Yes, checked that. Startup sounds are very are quiet, even from the cabin over the wing.

Stefan Ticusan

9 minutes ago, masaki said:

Yes, checked that. Startup sounds are very are quiet, even from the cabin over the wing.

Do you happen to have "Surround Sound" on? In windows sounds settings too?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

21 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

I just got an email from x-plane.org telling me my FF A320 received an update to version 1.3....RIP.

I'm sure things will change and I'll buy XP12, but right now I just cannot see a role for X-Plane for me now - when the PMDG 777 comes out, it could be terminal

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, masaki said:

Same here. I think they need to fine tune the sounds. Even in the larger A321 the engine startup sound is definitely audible in the cockpit. 

On the other hand, the flaps are really loud, as is the engine roar inside the cockpit during cruise. 

I've been in the jumpseat of an A320 a few times and all you can hear is the wind, nothing else.  Sounds during cruise are like being in a wing seat right next to the engine.

• Like 2

Enrique Vaamonde

So what's the verdict on this Fenix A320? 

Is this Fenix A320 better than the FSLabs A320, the Toliss A319/A321, and the Flight Factor A320?

Is this Fenix A320 possibly the best airliner released among all the main platforms, including MSFS, XP, and P3D?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

It's really good as it is, it has room for several improvements which I'm sure they'll eventually do. Once they refine it, it'll be hard to beat.

FSLabs has had years to improve their products, I don't think it's fair to compare Fenix to the FSLabs in its current state.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

ok, weird question...

I've used the windscreen wipers in the rain on departure, and now the cockpit windows are dirty. How do you clean thee cockpit window?

Edited by bigifooti

Ok whats the deal with efb navigraph - simbrief word not allowed - so frustrating have proper info user name - pilot id - but when I go to import a flight plan doesnt work - anyway to just use the MSFS planner no time for all this craziness

Rich Sennett

59 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Is this Fenix A320 better than the FSLabs A320, the Toliss A319/A321, and the Flight Factor A320?

Is this Fenix A320 possibly the best airliner released among all the main platforms, including MSFS, XP, and P3D?

It's more capable then the FSL from the navigational side, but FNX will need ASOBO to create more variables for the sim to be able to assign buttons/keys for autopilot disconnect (not working in MSFS-need to use 'master'), and auto-throttle disconnect.  FNX is also going to a custom engine-engine, and some other small things might technically not be FSL standards right at this moment, but will probably be very-very soon.

Also, there's a definite need for right-click-left click.  I think that's an ASOBO issue.  Thats for ANY aircraft though.  Half the time you can't tell whether you need to use the scroll when or if a switch is just a 1 click when you hover over it.

I think the performance issue might be more of a sim side issue than a FNX issue.  The plane runs butter smooth with lower frames.  I get somewhere in the 30s to 40s, which is what most people seem to get regardless of their PC specs.

I haven't been able to get RNAV approaches to work.  I think it might be due to the fact I had FLS and L/DEV selected as an option at the same time.  Will try it again tonight.  

The airframe and airline options do not seem to save as 'default' when selected.  You have to select those each time.

The EFB is the best I've ever used, hands down.

Would love to see airline packs and cabin announcements for this bird like we had in the FSL.  They would be amazing.

We really need GSX now for the sim...hehe.

Most of these things are very small in the big picture.  Nothing even close to any show stopppers.  The buying and install process was super smooth. 

IMO, it will be the standard for others to follow.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

39 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

ok, weird question...

I've used the windscreen wipers in the rain on departure, and now the cockpit windows are dirty. How do you clean thee cockpit window?

Open the window and wipe it with a clean rag. 😁

• Like 2

Ryan

Seems like a solid 1.0 release. ?

Sorry :-) havent bought it yet as a FSL A319 awaits.

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone get the issue with the MCDU not counting down the miles to waypoint.  The ND shows correct but the MCDU just stays stuck on the miles?

2 flights now and the same issue both times.  Yes I submitted a ticket, just curious if anyone else has this issue.

Darcy