Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

31 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Glad someone else brought that up, the ads when viewing this forum on a smartphone are infuriating!

Its quickly becoming taboo to talk about it, as the sensors here are getting more and more ....well...whatever they're getting, to end posts/threads about members here for decades noting such things like how its now impossible to click on the tab at the top of the screen on a phone to check who's replied to you...without hitting that strategically placed add that pops up a split second before your arm/hand inertial is too great to stop your finger, and then you're looking at Weber Grills! 😡

Anyway...not important because its not going to change...just wondered if anyone else noticed....seems like it was just us 2...hehe.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

With ad pop ups slowly taking over the visible screen here...its bad on a PC, and simply unusable on a phone now.

57 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Glad someone else brought that up, the ads when viewing this forum on a smartphone are infuriating!

I use the DuckDuckGo Privacy browser on my phone: no ads at all. Great stuff, also for other reasons. Try it. It's free.

• Like 1

Ad block pro (which despite the name has a wonderfully functional free version) does wonders to prevent the annoying ads from blocking all views of the forum on my iOS devices.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Piotr007 said:

Me i7 6700K HT off @ 4.6 ghz.

I am running the same system and have also have the same issue with the laggy displays.  Setting the Fenix Config to GPU/Performance helped but it is still noticeable.  I can live with it but after having smooth displays for so long on other aircraft it is a bit strange considering the plane runs so smooth otherwise (30-40 fps and not a single stutter).   I will have to try the IGPU but will need to turn it on as it is disabled on my system..

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

With ad pop ups slowly taking over the visible screen here...its bad on a PC, and simply unusable on a phone now.  I say that once the screen % for ads goes over 50%, this site should be considered useless, unless you like to play "Dodge the add popup as to not accidentally click it when it's strategically placed in the next logical place the clickspot algorithm guesses you'll click next."  🤔

We've already heard from AVSIM leadership that it is what it is and they have it under control, I guess this is just what browsing forums has come to now. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Its quickly becoming taboo to talk about it, as the sensors here are getting more... members here for decades noting such things like how its now impossible to click on the tab at the top of the screen on a phone to check who's replied to you...without hitting that strategically placed add that pops up a split second before your arm/hand inertial is too great to stop your finger, and then you're looking at Weber Grills! 😡 Anyway...not important because its not going to change...just wondered if anyone else noticed....seems like it was just us 2...hehe.

50 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I use the DuckDuckGo Privacy browser on my phone: no ads at all. Great stuff, also for other reasons. Try it. It's free.

33 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Ad block pro (which despite the name has a wonderfully functional free version) does wonders to prevent the annoying ads from blocking all views of the forum on my iOS devices.

As if the average Avsim staffer ever accesses the forums through a smartphone.... they'd have to know what one was first 🤣

I am conflicted on this matter. Adverts are an important revenue stream for Avsim to pay their hosting and bandwidth bills, I don't want to block them, that almost feels like theft to me, so they are exempted from my adblocker. But the adverts have definitely become far more intrusive lately, you aren't the only ones to notice and it's starting to feel like my local newspaper's website (in the worst possible way).

I have nearly donated so many times and then Avsim does something that really cheeses me off so I don't.

Anyway, should probably get back on topic about the Fenix, I don't wanna end up in the sin bin!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I am running the same system and have also have the same issue with the laggy displays.  Setting the Fenix Config to GPU/Performance helped but it is still noticeable.  I can live with it but after having smooth displays for so long on other aircraft it is a bit strange considering the plane runs so smooth otherwise (30-40 fps and not a single stutter).   I will have to try the IGPU but will need to turn it on as it is disabled on my system..

IGPU did the trick for me. Please test this for yourself.

In fenix app comes extra option. Choose intel cpu HD graphics. That is it.

Edit wrong conclusion:

On takeoff display lags and all over the place. It just does not work. Totally broken for me. I am not happy.

Edit 2:

Well this hurts. I have to give high CPU priority @ process lasso for fenix apps. Only then, it works.

Needs hours of testing though.

Edited by Piotr007
  • Upvote 2

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I don’t use adblocker on my pc because I don’t need to.  I use it on my iOS devices because if I don’t the website is incredibly difficult to use.  If they could fix that, I’d stop using adblocker but it’s my last resort right now.

back on topic I had a bunch of autopilot disconnects today, a few in cruise and one on approach when I set flaps 1 (I was going slow enough to do so) and the aircraft ballooned then the autopilot disconnected. I don’t seem to have any joystick noise going on according to the calibration utility so I’m not sure what that was about.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have a small issue that is driving me nuts. I can basically fly the Fenix from A to B, I master cold & dark startup, departure and arrival approaches, mass and fuel calculation, but I could not find how to turn this bloody light bulb off. So even if it costs me a lot in self-esteem, I come to ask you here :laugh:

light-bulb.jpg

Edited by RockOla
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

back on topic I had a bunch of autopilot disconnects today <snip>

I had 2 on my only flight with the Fenix, because the METAR system changed the weather at the start of each hour, causing huge and sudden wind and pressure changes that stalled the plane in cruise.

Still waiting for the METAR wind smoothing to stop that from happening. 😒

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

26 minutes ago, RockOla said:

I have a small issue that is driving me nuts. I can basically fly the Fenix from A to B, I master cold & dark startup, departure and arrival approaches, mass and fuel calculation, but I could not find how to turn this bloody light bulb off. So even if it costs me a lot in self-esteem, I come to ask you here :laugh:

light-bulb.jpg

Right side of the pedestal just below (or above can’t remember now) the TCAS panel.

• Like 1

I've now completed about 5 flights with the Fenix A320 and 15 flights with the PMDG 737-700. Have been simming for almost 18 years, including struggling with a 64mb Geforce 4 using only 2D panels for the FS9 PMDG 737/LDS767/PMDG 747 back in the day because the VCs couldn't handle it! Honestly, with a high end system right now MSFS 2020 + Fenix + PMDG is everything I could have ever dreamed of and more. It's the first time since FS9 days in my opinion that we have seen a massive step change. What a time to be alive!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RockOla said:

light-bulb.jpg

Pedestal flood light from what I recall 

18 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I am conflicted on this matter. Adverts are an important revenue stream for Avsim to pay their hosting and bandwidth bills, I don't want to block them, that almost feels like theft to me, so they are exempted from my adblocker.

Adblock Plus works fine on my iPad. There should be a version for Android.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Question in advance: is it possible to go through all detents of the throttle with the keyboard? Like one key for forward and one for back (and also back to the reverser)? I know how to calibrate my throttle lever on my simple joystick but I might prefer key presses for this. Can't test this myself because of PayPal... 😡