Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

I think your right, I use RTSS for locking FPS. That app you can have open and turn FPS up and own with MSFS running. Its really good.

Used that one for quite a while, now I'm just using it when I need to check FPS. Do you just set "framerate limit" or do you adjust other settings like scanline sync as well?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Used that one for quite a while, now I'm just using it when I need to check FPS. Do you just set "framerate limit" or do you adjust other settings like scanline sync as well?

Just FPS nothing else.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Fenix? Where's that then. Just checked their Discord but see no (obvious) post to that exp version? you mind posting a link here?

Sorry, don’t know how to link from discord…

You go in Support section, then click on the threads icon (#) then you got the threads list. It is either in the one called Performance or Performance Test.

Pierre

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Sorry, don’t know how to link from discord…

You go in Support section, then click on the threads icon (#) then you got the threads list. It is either in the one called Performance or Performance Test.

Pierre

Thanks got it

here‘s the build I found but could not download and test yet myself, I saw one user reporting 10pm more though. Nonetheless use at your own risk or wait for an official update

https://mega.nz/file/T6ZnRaSZ#Mq2wcMUjn-GQZ7oFXj7t6EOmfCguPfPrJwCmjdloqx8

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Another airplane (and another sim) that requires endless tweaking.  Can't figure out how after all these years and all the technology advancements nobody can get it right.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Another airplane (and another sim) that requires endless tweaking.  Can't figure out how after all these years and all the technology advancements nobody can get it right.

I don't think you could be talking about MSFS 2020, I haven't tweaked anything in this sim, Nothing!! I think some people just like tweaking, for the sake of tweaking and if they could get in the cockpit of an airliner, they would probably be tweaking stuff in there,,,😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Really? I don’t wanna be a PC dev these days with those trillions of possible hardware and software specs. You can hardly nail them all down

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Not to mention the millions of BCAK errors to deal with.  

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

57 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thanks got it

here‘s the build I found but could not download and test yet myself, I saw one user reporting 10pm more though. Nonetheless use at your own risk or wait for an official update

https://mega.nz/file/T6ZnRaSZ#Mq2wcMUjn-GQZ7oFXj7t6EOmfCguPfPrJwCmjdloqx8

Whatever this is/was is gone now. What was it supposed to be/do?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

CPU does matter. 5800X3D to the rescue. Perfect 60fps on Vsync while waiting at the gate

5zGZuEM.jpg

When you installed the new proc did you do a clean install of Windows/MSFS?

Bryan.

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Well. I can most of the time except photogrammetry city while on the ground. I don't use AI traffic because they are messed up in MSFS. Yes Ultra everything.  This is with Vsync so I can get ever higher fps. 5800X3D / RTX 3080Ti FTW. 

Welp, this post alone might have convinced me to upgrade to a 5800X3D.

• Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Question for you performance gurus 😆... With the Fenix, I'm CPU bound at certain points (taxiing around large airports and during and just after takeoff, the last being the worst). What setting reduction would reduce CPU load most effectively? 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

just for those who think I am lying about my performance

4Nh9sQZ.png

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

just for those who think I am lying about my performance

4Nh9sQZ.png

Don't know the back story behind the "lying" part but flying high up in the middle of nowhere and then screenshotting your fps/settings doesn't really do much for anyone... 

2 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Don't know the back story behind the "lying" part but flying high up in the middle of nowhere and then screenshotting your fps/settings doesn't really do much for anyone... 

I am getting skeptic that says I am lying about running on Ultra. I am flying over the Vancouver area so it was not the middle of nowhere so I guess, I will have to do a YT video as apparently, no one can post anything without having 5 millions skeptics around that are jealous

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.