Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

Who is holding out to purchase the PMDG 737-800 ?

16 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Don't see why not, besides being the more popular variant. As an expansion, should be easy on the wallet too.

Its the same price as the -700.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

57 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Got the 700 as my first complex airliner and I love it!  Performance with my now eleven year old cpu is outstanding...even in VR too!

Will I get the 800? 

No.  What I’ve got is going to keep me plenty occupied for a long while.

11 year old CPU? Must be a 2700K or so? Sandy bridge.

I had a 2600K was a good performer!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

29 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

11 year old CPU? Must be a 2700K or so? Sandy bridge.

I had a 2600K was a good performer!

3930k. It’s spent it’s whole life running at 4.6Ghz. It’s fine as long as you’re running 1080p🙃

22 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

3930k. It’s spent it’s whole life running at 4.6Ghz. It’s fine as long as you’re running 1080p🙃

Nice one. I now have a 6700K for 7 years. Running at 4.6 ghz too. Stable.

My i9 12900K new build just arrived. I am very interested in how that will work out. 

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Well I am waiting for the 737-800 as it is the only variant Qantas uses. It will not cost me a cent as I have the NGXU on P3D5.  Will probably leave it at that for the 737 line with my next MSFS airliner purchase for MSFS being a wide body of some sort.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I purchased the 700 and will eventually get all the others.  Mostly happy with the product however after reading most the problems and checking on those problems myself I can certainly see room for improvement.  So I may wait for some of those product improvements to hit first before I end up buying another air frame.

Also I am disappointed with a product of this caliber and price that they did not include a non winglet version at least on the 700.  Hopefully the 800 and 900 come with a non winglet model and the 700 will soon after.  This is rumored but no official statement from PMDG.  Only "not at this time" from them which in historic PMDG speak is probably never.     

Bought the fenix but am back with fbw as the performance of fenix is unacceptable. Not interested into the 700 but will get the 800. and 777, 747 and 757 

Lukas Dalton

Purchased the 700, generally happy with the product. Biggest disappointment is LNAV is a step back from P3D version.

As much as I would like the 800 I will not purchase until there is definitive news about both the EFB and LNAV 2.0.

• Upvote 2

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

I am flying now the Salty 747 8i, and I realized how I miss really that plane, waiting for the PMDG 747 8i plus EFB and LNAV 2.0 🙂

I thought we were promised a patch this week?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noooo... That was this week last year. And the year before that...

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I'm even thinking about holding off getting the -800 with my credit.  The FSElite review stated the autopilot is shocking in the -700 so I'll wait for the LNAV update before I decide or even just wait for the 777.

• Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

24 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I thought we were promised a patch this week?

It'll be 4 weeks this coming Monday without a "bi-monthly" patch.

Personally, this company will never see another cent from me.  So...no 800 for me.

Edited by Greggy_D
  • Like 1

Was definitely, definitely getting the 700 this week... then bought the 310R and have flown nothing else since.  Whoops!  :D

Paul Skol