Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

11 minutes ago, The Moose said:

EDIT.  Those happiest with DX12 appear to be those with the highest end cards it seems.  DX12 with very high/ultra settings might just be too much for 8GB cards perhaps?

That could be true. I cannot remember seeing 17 GB of VRAM used before.

1212.png

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Really great feedback so far thank you. I’m very keen to hear how DLSS operates as I’m eyeing up a 3080ti Nvidia graphics card (I was going to buy a 6950xt). 

I'd hold off in favor of a 40xx series.  Probably Sept or Oct 2022.

• Like 8

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I suspect these updates are going to keep improving the sim to the point where it will not run on my system.

I purchased a 6800xt expecting for the VRAM  to be used up once the addons started to get crazy. Thankfully im not  doing 4k resolution  so i should be safe for a bit. But it looks like a new card is possibly due for me next year if we have already arrived at 17gb VRAM usage.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, Seth2021 said:

DX12 uses a lot of Vram + ram.  I am allready with 14gb Vram memory used.

Is this where the 3090 is justified?! 

• Like 6

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Is this where the 3090 is justified?! 

100000% yes. For the first time i could see the potentials of 3090. Same for CPU for the first time i saw all threads of 11900k on working mode. 

• Like 3

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

I have an 8GB card (about 7.1 available) and its using 6.11 after the beta patch. 

espent has a 24 GB card and the sim is using 17.1GB after the beta patch.

So, anyone with lots of Vram will see it all actually being used now! Except for part MSFS or Windows holds back in reserve.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I also did the ground level vs higher altitude (by slewing up) at KSFO in the USA with all the photogrammetry cities in the world installed). No longer having lower frame rates at ground level. fps no longer increases sharply as I slew up a few hundred feet AGL. So, that's fixed too, I think! 

• Like 5

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'll be going live now to check out the beta if anyone wants to see how it performs. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

7 hours ago, The Moose said:

AIG in Live Traffic mode is causing CTD/Lockup on flight load.   (confirmed by many)   Not yet tested with AIG TC in offline mode.

Not here, AIG live traffic working fine; but I ALWAYS delete the AI "cache" folder created by AIG any time I update the sim. The folder name is aig_traffic-oci-beta_CVT_

• Like 11

Annnnnd the forums are back up….. 

I just tested DX12 mode using quality DLSS using a 3090 at 4K. Wow. Now this is what vulkan did for XP11. Smooth as butter. Now we have the sim that I was expecting 2 years ago! If they fine tune DX12 now we are Laughing….. brilliant stuff! I always said it wasn’t about fps (they do matter), but more about the feeling of smoothness so you actually feel like you’re flying. You can run the fps way higher now without locks to the frame rate because the frame timings are brilliant in DX12. Butter! 

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

What the hell happened to my AVSIM? LOL

Thankfully it's working now.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes, DX12 and DLSS really make MSFS fluid and smooth here, too. Even could increase my rivatuner fps lock from 35 to 40 and all fine. PMDG 737 and Fenix both rock solid. Just the glass instruments are little blurry with the default DLSS setting. Put that to Quality and I think 🤔 they are crispier at no fps hit. Ok, right now enroute from Honolulu to KSAN so really no challenge for both CPU and GPU, both run at around 50-60%. Will see how that develops at KSAN…

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

21 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Annnnnd the forums are back up….. 

I just tested DX12 mode using quality DLSS using a 3090 at 4K. Wow. Now this is what vulkan did for XP11. Smooth as butter. Now we have the sim that I was expecting 2 years ago! If they fine tune DX12 now we are Laughing….. brilliant stuff! I always said it wasn’t about fps (they do matter), but more about the feeling of smoothness so you actually feel like you’re flying. You can run the fps way higher now without locks to the frame rate because the frame timings are brilliant in DX12. Butter! 

This is excellent news as you and I have essentially the same hardware setup. I will wait until release of SU10 instead of opting into beta, but this will be a long wait!

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K