Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

I'm late to the party but colour me impressed.

Faster sim start up: Yes, it seems a bit faster.
Low Power Mode in menus: About time, no more PC fans howling when just sitting in the menu
DLSS: 4k high settings, DLSS balanced - getting about 45 FPS sitting on the runway at KLAX in the G1000 172. I let the autopillock fly to KVNY and the framerate settles at 60 FPS once away from the airport.

• Like 6

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

One thing that bothers me still (since SU?) is the mouse going to sleep in just a second. Am I the only one? You want to dial your altitude or type something in the mcdu but then the mouse drops dead and you have to move it a little to make it work again.

Edited by Gerwil
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

One thing that bothers me still (since SU?) is the mouse going to sleep in just a second. Am I the only one? You want to dial your altitude or type something in the mcdu but then the mouse drops dead and you have to move it a little to make it work again.

This is a real PIA when stepping through your flight plan on the MCDU. Every 4th or 5th waypoint, you've got to remember to "twitch" the mouse so it doesn't go to sleep on you. I hate this!

• Upvote 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Has anyone done any testing of DX12 since the update? I gotta admit, might be placebo but I genuinly feel like it's smoother on my machine. Same capped frame rate but fewer main thread stutters when PG is loading etc. 

• Like 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Has anyone done any testing of DX12 since the update? I gotta admit, might be placebo but I genuinly feel like it's smoother on my machine. Same capped frame rate but fewer main thread stutters when PG is loading etc. 

Way smoother. All I use now is DX12. With a 3090 using all of its ram it’s a joy. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I genuinely feel like it's smoother on my machine. Same capped frame rate but fewer main thread stutters when PG is loading etc. 

Exactly my experience.   Been flipping between 11 and 12 in the same scenarios today and there's no doubt that on my machine DX12 is the way to go now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Way smoother. All I use now is DX12. With a 3090 using all of its ram it’s a joy. 

I have a 1070, with only 8gb of RAM, and DX12 is much smoother for me too. Before SU10 beta, DX12 was unusable on my system.

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

Many thanks to all for the support.

Ron

Hey Ron, here’s what the community manager posted over in the official MS forum to your letter:

„Thanks for your feedback! The team is working to improve the sim’s accessibility. For Sim Update 10 specifically, we have the following updated:

Various improvements to Screen Narration throughout the menus, installation, onboarding, cockpit instruments and notifications during flight. For further details, see www.flightsimulator.com/accessibility 

If something seems to not be working right with screen reader, please feel free to create a bug report and we will make sure to review it!“

Source: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/accessibility-features-in-su-10/529899/3?u=lh4371

• Like 6

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

42 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Did you ever wonder why good things bring out the worst in people?  I don't - SU10 will be amazing!

sp

Not until i saw this  Does flight simulator drive above average emotion for some reason ?. Maybe not, seems like it does though. Still SU10 looks positive overall from this thread, 

Edited by icewater5
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

Not until i saw this  Does flight simulator drive above average emotion for some reason ?. Maybe not, seems like it does though. Still SU10 looks positive overall from this thread, 

Yes.  Here is a post from the “other” forum of someone, who I assume, doesn’t use MSFS but probably comes to this forum and reads some of our threads:

Do we have a release date as I'm not sure I can handle too much more of the Hallelujah trail being offered by MSFS lol and need to get back to some normality lol Hallelujah!!!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Wow. I dont process these kind of posts much, but just enough to think of terms light erm.. nightmare. Just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Wow, I just went over to the "other" forum and saw a member making comments that I had completely forgotten about. It's weird he doesn't post anymore over in the MSFS forums because man, did he sure have a bunch of "opinions" about how the new platform was going to pan out. Guessing it's "foot-in-mouth" syndrome. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

I have a 1070, with only 8gb of RAM, and DX12 is much smoother for me too. Before SU10 beta, DX12 was unusable on my system.

Good info David, with my 1080 Ti I have that same experience with DX12 and SU 9 (stuttery as hell), I'm not in the Beta 10 though. I'll wait for the final release.

Sergio Naiberg