Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

8 hours ago, espent said:

I have tried using a small app called Mouse Jiggler to solve this:

https://github.com/arkane-systems/mousejiggler

It is a very light app that you set and forget. It does require .NET framework to work and will guide you through that if you don't have it installed.

I found that setting it to 3 sec will avoid the mouse pointer sleeping in MSFS.

jigg.png

You have to live with the mouse moving one pixel every 3 sec, so that could be a Con for some people. Mouse Jiggler have a "Zen" mode that makes the mouse movement invisible, but that does not work in MSFS. 

Windows executable.

https://mouse-jiggler.en.uptodown.com/windows/download.

With DX12, I get about 5-6 less FPS, but less stutters than DX11.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I've read through this nonsense this morning and found it very entertaining actually. 😄

Just read thru that, and oh yes the usual entertaining drivel. Some over there still seem to be clinging on to the "muh XP flight model is the bestest and MSFS is trash" line.. which I suppose naturally comes with the copium huffing.

So much misconceptions/misinformation there.. I'll just point to what I posted earlier on another thread (some good insights/explanations from Matt Nischan of WT, and this was even before all the propellor physics, CFD, softbody physics, and other aerodynamics advancements in the core platform): https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/620986-lets-talk-about-fun-fenix-leonardo-or-pmdg/?do=findComment&comment=4801898 .. these misconceptions that have been around since MSFS first released are still thrown around by the usual suspects, i.e. how the not-good default aircrafts' flight models are always used to portray MSFS having a "bad flight model", when there really is no single flight model in a sim.

With MSFS, now since May 2022 and release of so many realistic aircrafts, it's a case of having the best of both worlds: great visuals, and great flight dynamics... as much as the usual suspects would love to cling to the false (but comforting to them) notion that the latter is "trash".

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 9

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Does anyone know where to find the in-game feedback option?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I use  4K tv for the Flight simulator. My screen resolution in the game is 3840x2160. With this resolution set, can I still use the DSSL in the settings or should I lower the resolution so I get the most of it?

just wondering, please give me your advise.

thank you

14 hours ago, awf said:

Great tip working fine now here thanks appreciated 😎

What is the tip and I do not understand what to do so the AIG should work with no CTD?

19 minutes ago, GeoSkyman said:

What is the tip and I do not understand what to do so the AIG should work with no CTD?

1) Go to: community folder and delete folder named aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_

2) Go to: C:\Users\YourUserNAme\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

open folder named LocalCache
delete folder $PC$
open folder SceneryIndexes - delete all files

3) Go to: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\cache

delete all folders

4) go to: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\DCE

delete all folders

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

1) Go to: community folder and delete folder named aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_

2) Go to: C:\Users\YourUserNAme\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

open folder named LocalCache
delete folder $PC$
open folder SceneryIndexes - delete all files

3) Go to: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\cache

delete all folders

4) go to: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\DCE

delete all folders

Thank you so much , I will give it a try. After this procedure we can run the AIG AS USUAL AND inject the traffic as normal?

12 minutes ago, GeoSkyman said:

Thank you so much , I will give it a try. After this procedure we can run the AIG AS USUAL AND inject the traffic as normal?

You can... but it's certainly not solving the CTD issue for everyone. In fact looking at the thread in the official forum it would appear a minority that are flying without CTD's after this "fix"    I could at least load into a flight with this fix, but always got a CTD within 20 mins max.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Moose said:

You can... but it's certainly not solving the CTD issue for everyone. In fact looking at the thread in the official forum it would appear a minority that are flying without CTD's after this "fix"    I could at least load into a flight with this fix, but always got a CTD within 20 mins max.

Indeed me too, with RTX3090 and about 12 to 14 GB VRAM loaded in (so plenty of headroom).

I9 10900k at round about 60 to 80% of use in average

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

38 minutes ago, The Moose said:

I'd also add to this that, although it does seem to stop MSFS from immediately crashing it doesn't solve the isuue of loading of FAIB planes (A320, 737, etc). I tried running PSXT and it generates lots of errors stating that your sim can't display certain planes (all are FAIB types). Fingers crossed that Asobo can post a hot fix for this before the official release at the end of August.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

1 minute ago, Gate99 said:

I'd also add to this that, although it does seem to stop MSFS from immediately crashing it doesn't solve the isuue of loading of FAIB planes (A320, 737, etc). I tried running PSXT and it generates lots of errors stating that your sim can't display certain planes (all are FAIB types). Fingers crossed that Asobo can post a hot fix for this before the official release at the end of August.

Indeed, as soon as I took all the FAIB planes out it's completely stable again.   Pretty sure I read that Asobo are aware of the issue and a fix should be forthcoming.  Hopefully we'll get a update to the Beta build soon.

• Like 2

I notice clouds are no longer entering the Baron 58's cockpit so that's good. Would be interesting to know if that was a deliberate fix or if something got shaken back into place by accident lol. It's definitely not in the patch notes.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.