Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

v1.27.13.0 New beta build today!

With DX11 and TAA I haven't noticed a performance change with this latest update.

Ryan

For those who have tested the SU10 beta:

Has the behavior of the planes during the take-off run really improved? I'm asking because I remember reading that this was on the SU10's list of improvements, but I saw some videos on youtube and it seems that the planes are still behaving like a boat in the storm even with <10kt crosswinds.

It's not possible that 2 years after the release they still haven't fixed this aberration.

Edited by Trovis
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Trovis said:

For those who have tested the SU10 beta:

Has the behavior of the planes during the take-off run really improved? I'm asking because I remember reading that this was on the SU10's list of improvements, but I saw some videos on youtube and it seems that the planes are still behaving like a boat in the storm even with <10kt crosswinds.

It's not possible that 2 years after the release they still haven't fixed this aberration.

This is not on the list of fixes. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It's pointless to complain now about FBW stuttering, Fenix broken, Bijan Seasons eating fps, etc.

If people don't complain, how can you be sure these things will be fixed?  The whole point of a beta is to test it, find issues, and fix them (both Asobo and 3rd parties).  They wouldn't need a beta if they could find all the bugs themselves.  And how do you know that an issue with the FBW stuttering is FBW's fault or the sim's fault? The beta is not intended for enthusiasts get a preview of what's coming, yet that seems like how people around here are treating it.

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wow, caught a good one from the official forums. Priceless. 

"I wonder if it could be that Asobo has realized that they aren’t up to the task or that MS is unable or unwilling to give them the server or bandwidth they need, and are purposely making the sim worse and worse so they can get out of being the developers. Either way Im about to delete everything completely and say screw it, enough is enough. We’ll see what happens after the su9 re-install."

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

"I wonder if it could be that Asobo has realized that they aren’t up to the task or that MS is unable or unwilling to give them the server or bandwidth they need, and are purposely making the sim worse and worse so they can get out of being the developers. Either way Im about to delete everything completely and say screw it, enough is enough. We’ll see what happens after the su9 re-install."

I kinda wish the beta required a few more hoops to jump through so people who are a little more objective and methodical in their approach end up being participants. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I don't think that's likely. It would be suicide for Asobo's future endeavors.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

31 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

If people don't complain, how can you be sure these things will be fixed?  The whole point of a beta is to test it, find issues, and fix them (both Asobo and 3rd parties).  They wouldn't need a beta if they could find all the bugs themselves.  And how do you know that an issue with the FBW stuttering is FBW's fault or the sim's fault? The beta is not intended for enthusiasts get a preview of what's coming, yet that seems like how people around here are treating it.

In a beta, testers should expect to encounter and report bugs. Complaining about bugs during a beta is not acceptable behavior.

7 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I kinda wish the beta required a few more hoops to jump through so people who are a little more objective and methodical in their approach end up being participants. 

Same here. That way Asobo wouldn't have to sift trough piles of garbage complaint posts in order to get to the ones with the proper information needed to replicate the issue on their end.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

22 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

In a beta, testers should expect to encounter and report bugs. Complaining about bugs during a beta is not acceptable behavior.

Agreed

46 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Honestly, it's bad enough dealing with employed testers sometimes. I'm not kidding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

My guess, having been a beta tester for years, is that much of the "testing" done now is worthless as far as reporting back to Asobo, so they can fix things. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 hours ago, March Hare said:

Out of interest, those who don't have the DLSS option while participating in the beta, what GPUs do you have?

Radeon 5700XT

8 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Radeon 5700XT

It's an Nvidia technology. That would be why. There's an AMD equivalent, FidelityFX, but I don't know if that's implemented in the sim...

Do the beta testers have a unique portal for reporting issues back to Asobo/Microsoft?

It does seem as though some are volunteering as beta testers and either do not understand what a beta tester is or are volunteering just to benefit from 'advanced features' and get disgruntled when something doesn't work right. A beta tester should be reporting problems they find with as much detail as possible and not complaining that there are bugs. It is already understood that some things probably will not be working correctly, that is the entire point of beta testing. There should be a good means by which beta testers can communicate their findings to the developer other than forum posts.

15 minutes ago, rjquick said:

Do the beta testers have a unique portal for reporting issues back to Asobo/Microsoft?

It does seem as though some are volunteering as beta testers and either do not understand what a beta tester is or are volunteering just to benefit from 'advanced features' and get disgruntled when something doesn't work right. A beta tester should be reporting problems they find with as much detail as possible and not complaining that there are bugs. It is already understood that some things probably will not be working correctly, that is the entire point of beta testing. There should be a good means by which beta testers can communicate their findings to the developer other than forum posts.

That is what this section is for, and they can report bugs under various categories.     https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/sim-update-10-beta/331

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310