Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Bijan Seasons trees

In general I'm very pleased with Seasons BUT. I frquently use Orbx Stapleford EGSG and Orbx have made a pretty good rendition.

Part of the airport in real life there is a row of half a dozen cypress trees. In fact they are something of a feature that you spot from the air. Orbx did their best by putting fir trees there. At least they were tall ans 'thinish'

spacer.png

Bijan saw fit to remove them and replace them with these..

spacer.png

My beef is, how do you get to replace other people's work?

Pity.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

8 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

In general I'm very pleased with Seasons BUT. I frquently use Orbx Stapleford EGSG and Orbx have made a pretty good rendition.

Part of the airport in real life there is a row of half a dozen cypress trees. In fact they are something of a feature that you spot from the air. Orbx did their best by putting fir trees there. At least they were tall ans 'thinish'

Bijan saw fit to remove them and replace them with these..

My beef is, how do you get to replace other people's work?

Pity.

You don't really expect to have Bijan go through the 36,000 Plus airports in MSFS, plus all the various add ons, tree by tree, do you? 🙄

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't expect him to overwrite other peoples work. If you were a scenery maker and took the trouble to make things right, would you be happy for some to come along and change things? This is an add-on airport not an Asobo default.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I don't expect him to overwrite other peoples work. If you were a scenery maker and took the trouble to make things right, would you be happy for some to come along and change things? This is an add-on airport not an Asobo default.

So you want him to check every single add-on airport for Tree Clashes....all of them? Paid & Free?.....is that correct?

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

What is it you don't understand? He's messing with other peoples work.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I understand the replies so far have been less than diplomatic, but a product like Bijan is a very widely cast netthat's trying to replace every tree on earth. While I understand the reason you're upset, I don't think it's surprising or unreasonable that some of the trees in add-on scenery would be affected by it. 

Now, maybe there's some way for him to exclude add-ons from being affected by his software; frankly, I don't know. But I think the implication that he's "messing" with other peoples' work places some sort of nefarious intent on the whole situation that I don't think exists.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not sure why the accusations <?>. I'm guessing that the ORBX developer was using stock MSFS trees - which are precisely the ones Bijan modifies/replaces.

If scenery developers use their own trees, then you won't have the facility for them to change with seasons. Take your pick!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Intent? Did I infer he's doing it on purpose? I didn't think so. Any way you look at it someone else's work is being changed. Any way it looks like I'm flogging a dead horse. .

21 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Intent? Did I infer he's doing it on purpose? I didn't think so. Any way you look at it someone else's work is being changed. Any way it looks like I'm flogging a dead horse. .

Ron is banned for flogging.  

Oops!  Wrong forum.

Anyway, I'd say the scenery dev used stock trees. Bijan's mod changes the stock trees.   I would actually say the scenery dev should have / could have used a custom tree there, and then it wouldn't be affected by Bijan's mod.   To me it's not Bijan messing with anyone's scenery, but rather the scenery dev using stock assets.   Let me put it this way.  If I were designing that airport, and I knew there was a row of skinny Greek cedars there, I would have done my best to find a non-stock tree model that fit that description...and my scenery would not be affected by his mod.

• Like 12

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I agree. I think responsibility here rests on ORBX not Bijan. If you are designing a custom payware airport and a key feature of that airport -- on the airport grounds itself -- is a row of trees, you should model the row of trees and and not use MSFS stock assets. If Bijan is messing with other's work, it is Asobo's work, but, that is what we paid him to do when we bought his mod.

I would write to ORBX.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

In FSX and P3D, there was was the fine art of scenery library loading: items set higher in the scenery library would over-write those set below. Is there any way of doing that in the MSFS Community folder?  Would changing the Bijan or Orbx folder names, so you changed their alphabetical ordering in the Community folder, make any difference?

Sorry if that's a dumb idea, I'm still learning all the ins and outs of MSFS.

-Bob

PS: given all the new sceneries coming into MSFS these days, I'm surprised this isn't happening more often.  

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ron himself is a primo designer who has done some of the most incredible aircraft repaints and liveries over multiple simulators.  I fully understand why he is sensitive to some developers modifying the work of others.  I support his concerns.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Ron himself is a primo designer who has done some of the most incredible aircraft repaints and liveries over multiple simulators.  I fully understand why he is sensitive to some developers modifying the work of others.  I support his concerns.

He's complaining that Bijan is changing trees made by Asobo. That's literally what the product is designed to do.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Dermot McClusky said:

He's complaining that Bijan is changing trees made by Asobo. That's literally what the product is designed to do.

Exactly.     

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

No. He's not. 

If ORBX had actually done their "own" work on this, they would have handplaced (possibly custom) individual tree models there.  

What they did instead was slap an area of autogen vegetation in the affected area. They probably specified a biome.  The biome they specified was probably not supposed to contain conifers, as many of the default Asobo biomes are very wrong. This is why you so often see things like generic conifers in areas of the world that should be upland hardwoods, etc.

One of the many things Bijan's mod does is replace these incorrect tree models with more biome-appropriate ones. 

In summary: Bijan's only modifies stock autogen (for improved accuracy and variety.)  If ORBX had actually custom placed anything other than a generic autogen veg polygon there, it wouldn't have been modified. 

• Like 6

Andrew Crowley