Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

Q&A with Mathijs Kok/North Sea Project Preview

I wonder if Mathjis knows he could just go record almost any plane that has similar PT6 engines. 

• Like 1

The CRJ for MSFS was the last product I’ll ever purchase from Aerosoft or Hans Hartman. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

24 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I wonder if Mathjis knows he could just go record almost any plane that has similar PT6 engines. 

That's not how that works. 

Engine placement, proximity to the cockpit, insulation, prop size, shape, angle, RPM and shape of the fuselage all affect how aircraft sound. 

That's why King Airs, Piaggios, PC12s and Twin Otters don't really sound alike after the first few seconds of start/ignition. 

Apologies if I took your comment out of context. 

DB

• Like 1

Millions of pixels for each ship, each of which would take a man 2 months to build. So they buy the dozens of models online to use in their Northsea addon. I don't think there's ever been anything like this in a flightsim.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

So at this point they are more focused on getting this North Sea project out and the A330 before doing minor updates to previous releases, typical money making company with very little to no consience . Well I hope the supporting customers would buckle down and demand more support for previous purchases before purchasing anything else, but something tells me its not going to happen sadly.

I'm glad that they recognized the FBW project and will not be doing a A320 series though. Maybe something in the LR version MK says but who is going to buy that if FBW or Fenix does one.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 2

If the TSS set does work perfectly, alongside a freeware mod as has been stated here, I honestly can't imagine why Aerosoft doesn't allow it.  Aerosoft has nothing to gain by deliberately not using something that sorts the sound problem out. There must be more to this than meets the eye.

I always enjoyed Aerosoft products in FSX and P3D, and though they seem to have stumbled a bit with MSFS, I still have faith in them, albeit a little more guarded. I hope they'll re-do their Catalina, which was one of the all-time greats, IMO.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

North Sea project looked interesting, having static ships in the oceans with wakes behind them, turned me off a little bit, I do get what the reasoning was, you would not notice it much anyway but I am also wondering what effect this addon would have with the upcoming freeware ships mod where ships will be moving by using real time shipping traffic data and whether those ships will then conflict with the static ones in the North Sea, I do like the idea of this North Sea mod though, but just wondering the impact on other addons.

38 minutes ago, ckukmale said:

North Sea project looked interesting, having static ships in the oceans with wakes behind them, turned me off a little bit, I do get what the reasoning was, you would not notice it much anyway but I am also wondering what effect this addon would have with the upcoming freeware ships mod where ships will be moving by using real time shipping traffic data and whether those ships will then conflict with the static ones in the North Sea,

They're in contact with the creators of the other mods. It seems like it will all fit together. 

In the Aerosoft thread he said at any time half of the ships in the North Sea are not moving and engaged in some work. Still, the other half moving would be nice. 

Either way I'm looking forward to this big time. It looks very cool. 

9 hours ago, superspud said:

They're in contact with the creators of the other mods. It seems like it will all fit together. 

In the Aerosoft thread he said at any time half of the ships in the North Sea are not moving and engaged in some work. Still, the other half moving would be nice. 

Either way I'm looking forward to this big time. It looks very cool. 

we are not from Global AI Ship Traffic in contact with Aerosoft and everything which is static in terms of ships will be in the way for the real time traffic. Sorry, but it is a different premise. The real time AI ships do not stop for anything unless it is there out in the real world...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

For the Twotter sounds when at volume they almost made my ears bleed - just like when I flew in an actual Twotter in Vancouver harbor. Not a justification but a reason why I don't fly the Twotter.

sp

Maybe the title should be changed to 'Twotter sounds'  😁

• Like 1

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

4 hours ago, Vindeballe said:

Maybe the title should be changed to 'Twotter sounds'  😁

Unfortunately, I don't think the question about the Twin Otter sounds was asked during the interview.  Somebody had asked Filbert to ask that question on what was Mathijs's plan to fix the Twin Otter sounds, when the General Question part came up. Filbert said he would ask it then, but unfortunately, I don't think Filbert asked it in the end. And I can't find the part of the video where he asked it.  Such a shame.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

22 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Unfortunately, I don't think the question about the Twin Otter sounds was asked during the interview

I only watched a small part of the stream, and it was briefly mentioned in the bit I watched. Basically just Mathijs saying again that he had a large bag of money waiting for whoever had a Twotter they could hire for a sound recording session.  

It was around 35mins in - here's a link to that part:

• Like 2

Kok's facial expression is that of a man who instinctively knows that he is one of the least liked people in the flight sim community. 😏

• Like 1

Regardind the static objects in their new addon:

This will be a 100% conflict with the GAIST update we are working on.

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png