Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

Had one the other day after months of stability.  GSX is not installed.

Thomas Derbyshire

5 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Now i think i can forget flying, yesterday i set up a flight for the 787-10 was about a 3h flight, shortly before TOD the Sim CTD`s to desktop with no error message and i can`t find any within the event viewer..

Today i set up the same flight just to see what happens - the same tragedy as yesterday the only thing that was different, it happened after about 40 minutes, same exact thing with no error nothing in the event viewer !

So seems thats it , i did some tests before and all that seems to be OK, all other stuff i am doeing with my PC are with no probs at all - so what is this, a server issue ??

Maybe the server data is optimised for SU10 and i am still on SU9 and as far as i know both Versions use the same servers so this could be a data conflict with each other,  maybe good for SU10 but not for SU9 ??

cheers 🤔

OK guys, just to report back: I did my flight again exakt time was 3h 47mins and i did it - means no CTD at this time 😎

What i did before this flight : I did a "sfc /scannow" and it founds some errors and fixed it and i installed the newest Nvidia driver ( 516.94 ) i was on 512.XX.

Restart my PC..

And now this flight went well no props at all, what i can not say for shure is if my actions did the fix or maybe I just got lucky this time with this flight - so i have to do some more flights but not anymore today..

After i tried and done more flights i report back what´s goeing on, but i am happy about this successful flight, my others the last days i never get finished for land so a happy camper at the moment..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, peloto said:

I am suspecting too in a server side since a few days ago a bit convinced, and related too with ATC because some weird coincidences in some of the CTDs when the ATC was speaking (or sound related, in one or both sides?).

The people with problems and not, use the FS20´s ATC?. Even a virus o criminal hackers controlling their servers?, I am running out of ideas and tests to do already.

And curious that in the UTC late night are the best and stable flights lastly apparently.

I am using the latest beta and can almost not finish any flight. I get CTD's after 1 or 2 hours constantly 😞

I don't know what i can do.

• Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

No GSX Pro installed, no SU10 Beta installed, no modifications at all since last flight, fired up MSFS today and I had two CTD in one hour. I think before today I had two crash in two years. There's definitely something wrong. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

OK guys, just to report back: I did my flight again exakt time was 3h 47mins and i did it - means no CTD at this time 😎

...What i did before this flight : I did a "sfc /scannow" and it founds some errors and fixed it and i installed the newest Nvidia driver ( 516.94 ) i was on 512.XX.

Restart my PC...

Interesting.  I ran "sfc /scannow" in admin...

2022-08-21 17:35:25, Info                  DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\BthA2dp.sys
2022-08-21 17:35:25, Info                  DEPLOY [Pnp] Repaired file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\BthA2dp.sys
2022-08-21 17:35:25, Info                  DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\BthHfEnum.sys
2022-08-21 17:35:25, Info                  DEPLOY [Pnp] Repaired file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\BthHfEnum.sys
2022-08-21 17:35:25, Info                  DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\bthmodem.sys
2022-08-21 17:35:25, Info                  DEPLOY [Pnp] Repaired file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\bthmodem.sys

These 'bth' files are related to Bluetooth, which isn't even activated on my PC.  So not sure it is those, but worth a go I suppose.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Right now it is impossible for me to start MSFS. Always CTD during half of the loading screen.

First time it was the memory error, now, it is without any error window.

I disabled all addons in the community folder

Got now 10 CTDS in a row and give up for today

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't flown for several days.  Maybe I'll wait several more.  🤫

Weird thing was it always asked to start in safe mode but no visible crashes.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

are people crashing with the Steam version?

Two crashes in the last hour. While before that I think I had two crashes in two years. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

are people crashing with the Steam version?

I am 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I wonder if it could be geographical or specific Microsoft Servers? I'm in Atlantic Canada, flying EGLL to EDDF.
I've done 5-6, 1 to 2 hour flights over the last 4 days with no issues.

No one crashed during the Community Fly in stream on Friday AFAIK. none of the people on stream at least.

We were all flying on the South East Asia server.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

At least there is a message from admin saying they are looking into it.

Not actively yet, as the admin also pointed out that no one at Microsoft or Asobo works on a weekend.

• Like 1

so what i tried is after ground service finished i clicked "restart couatl" and then continued with taxiing, flight and landing and had no CTD (1st time).

Will try more flight tomorrow to, hopefully, confirm that this helps

Edited by RTK1972

Carsten U