Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

10 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Sorry but that doesn't make sense: updating Bios, solving possible server side crashes. 

It does... I'm not sure what kind of machine you have,. mine I always update all drivers and windows updates to the latest as practice. updating my BIOS solve my problem, like I said it might work for some, maybe not yours, so you can just forget it... move along... move along...

7 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

Not a risky one unless you know what you are doing., I updated mine before Windows 11 to met Win11 requirements, and now I'm running without a single CTD since I update my BIOS.

Don't mean to be harsh but if you really knew what you were doing you'd know that updating the BIOS can actually brick your PC (even if you know what you are doing 😉 ) and that it wouldn't be good advice to do this in order to solve a specific software problem (like for one program that doesn't work while all other programs do work). But...

5 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

It does... I'm not sure what kind of machine you have,. mine I always update all drivers and windows updates to the latest as practice. updating my BIOS solve my problem, like I said it might work for some, maybe not yours, so you can just forget it... move along... move along...

... I do understand and see your good intentions so lets indeed move along. 😉 It's just that this advice needed a warning and/or disclaimer. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peloto said:

Great, and now I had a BSD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NO_PAGED_AREA, and I did yesterday a rebuild of the pagefile.sys, rollingcache, deleting content.xml, temps folders etc. etc.

In SU10 DX12 NVIDIA, maybe the memory problem that ASOBO is solving with NVIDIA and DX12? I will try maybe with DX11.

Nothing, this time CTD and freeze again with DX11, the flight last long around 2-3 hours, hope this will be resolved, I abandon by the moment, no more tests.

Just now, Aristoteles said:

Any..."official" statement regarding this issue from, Asobo?

The have acknowledged the issue apparently but no statement other than that. 

• Upvote 1

For me, stability actually improved with DX12 and SU10 beta.

Before with SU9 and DX11, when I tried to load into certain airports, like DD's KRNT, it would CTD while loading 8 times out of 10. With DX12 and SU10 beta, I was able to load in there time and time again without issues. However I got another CTD yesterday shortly after take off while flying out of KAVX in DX12. I removed the OrbX version of KAVX (since Asobo provide their own version now) and that might have fixed it, at least for now. However it's hard to tell since those CTD's come sporadically. However they always happen either while loading or shortly after takeoff.

I also get the exact same crashes on my laptop (11800H, RTX 3050 Ti) as on my desktop (Ryzen 3800X, RTX 3060 Ti), if the same addons are installed and the same settings are used. I only install addons from the official store and OrbX, so it appears even those heavily vetted addons have compatibility issues with each other when combined in certain ways.

Edited by JimmiG
  • Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Three consecutive flights all ended in a ctd (ntdll). Two immediately after TO and one still at the departure airport. These were all with the Bing map data. Now I have tried one with the Google map tool and no problems at all. To me it seems related to the Bing map server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I agree. I’m now on my 3rd flight with BING data turned off, Live WX is on - no crashes.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Similar incident with me also. I had not had any CTD's since I can remember, and all of a sudden, 2 days ago, I was flying the B-747-8 out of DFW passing 4000FT, when all of a sudden, the computer stuttered 3 times and one second later I was staring at my windows 10 desktop splash screen. Plus, my sound had dropped from my Sound Blaster AE-7 & the external speakers to the default windows sound and the speakers from my monitor (which I then had to re-select back to the AE-7 manually).

I have no addons, FS2020 Premium is in the default location, everything is up to date, I'm not running SU10 Beta, I'm running Windows 10, my video card is a NVIDIA RTX 2080Ti 11GB, I have 64GB of Memory, I have 2TB X 2 SSD' s, and my computer is 1 year old computer.

Mario  

I had a CTD this morning 5minutes into a flight, no warning just straight to desktop.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I made the same experience, i.e. I was able to finish a flight without using Bing data and without a CTD.

I had three CTDs yesterday with Bing map data enable at the same airport and using the same aircraft.

It seems to be a problem with Bing maps.

What annoys me with this sim is that it seems to be in a constant beta-phase. I waited 20 months before using it seriously. At release - except the great scenery - it was a complete mess. But even after over 2 years, it has some limitations we didn't have in other sims (weather radar, replay etc.). Then we have these mandatory updates every 2-3 months: they fix one thing and break 2 others. And now we have such issues. Not talking about the general server-issues or the weather not being refreshed anymore etc.

I have the impression that the developpers have had too high expectations with this new scenery-system and wanting to "service" XBox-users at the same time. It makes the whole sim much too fragile and unstable, as we can see almost daily. I don't know if one day they will be able to deliver a stable sim....

Edited by Franz007

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

CTD for me pretty much every flight, am sick to bloody death of this simulator......and I am no novicein flight sim......you know what simulator I will be going back to......Im very patiently waiting and then it will be goodbye to fs2020 and good bloody ridence too

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC