Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

Managed to complete two UK flights this morning with no issues (did not update my bios, alter my memory timings or reinstall MSFS, but I did have cornflakes for breakfast which is rare for me so maybe it was that). 

• Like 7

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I find the frequency of CTDs increases proportionally with how many add ons are installed.  Especially the ones with UIs a la Windows 98 and that need to run as Administrator. 

Edited by gb09f
  • Like 1

You who use the "Map Enhancement add-on" are you also exposed to this CTD problem?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

58 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Managed to complete two UK flights this morning with no issues (did not update my bios, alter my memory timings or reinstall MSFS, but I did have cornflakes for breakfast which is rare for me so maybe it was that). 

We can safely say that St Mawgan has reached the crunch of the investigation.

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

You who use the "Map Enhancement add-on" are you also exposed to this CTD problem?

I’ve had a few CTDs while using the mod. But when not using the mod I’m simply not able to complete a flight.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

but I did have cornflakes for breakfast which is rare for me so maybe it was that

Same happened to me! 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Same happened to me! 

I had rice krispies this morning. Hopefully when I boot the sim it won't be a case of snap, crackle and then pop!

• Like 1

- Jane Whittaker

funnily enough guenseli sounds and looks like a breakfast cereal  😁

Edited by icewater5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I did my second smooth flight this morning over beautiful live weather cloud formations. One more to go for three successful flights with the Google map tool, after the three crashed Bing map flights.

Has anyone researched if vegetarians do NOT have CTDs??? 

😋

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

6 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I read this morning on the official 1300 comment thread a post by an official community manager who states he is an MSFS employee. They cannot get a CTD themselves. Ersonally I couldn't even fly more than 45 mins. Just using the autopilot on a heading in the 737,no flight plan or engagement with the sim. Live weather off or empty community folder didn't help. Did all the scannow things to check windows too. Last night I disabled live weather, live traffic and multilayer and sim was still flying 6 hrs later so for me it's starting to look like a server issue or something to do with data on the ai traffic. 

Chris 

I thought, in fact I am certain, that Asobo collect crash data for the sim. If there's a spike in CTDs they will know it.

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Has anyone researched if vegetarians do NOT have CTDs?

They do.

No issues today so far.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It’s not user-facing, but MSFS (like almost all games) already has detailed crash logging and reporting. Developers have been poring over crash reports and analyzing the data to determine the cause of this issue. Based on comments in this thread, I’ve passed on feedback that players would like to see more plain-English crash reporting instead of a CTD with no error message and Windows Event Viewer.

Quote from a Community Managers for Microsoft Flight Simulator from their forum. That's good, but I'm a little worried about the personnel resources. Keywords Gamescom and the upcoming SU10. Hopefully the topic will still be prioritised accordingly.

Edited by Flusisniper

In order to test that these CTDs are related to Bing, I will try the same route later today but disable Bing maps and photogrammetry.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...