Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

My Windows 11 was up to date during the two days of CTDs, so I'm a bit doubtful about what he says. However, I'll not delve too deeply - the sim is running nicely now, and that's all that concerned me.

Mine to,  ( Win10 ) had a update 2 or 3 weeks before and i do not mean update for the security part what i get allmost all other day..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I don´t want to be the party-pooper, but a flight of 2hr does not mean a stable simulator, maybe for that there are less reports and developers don´t pull up or increase their interest in solving bugs that appear only after 4hr or more hours of flight, and developers think that all is ok because nobody moan and only moan a insignificant minority that not deserve to take in account, aaand, then, the unsolved long flights problems arrive to other flights, maybe.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, peloto said:

I don´t want to be the party-pooper, but a flight of 2hr does not mean a stable simulator, maybe for that there are less reports and developers don´t pull up or increase their interest in solving bugs that appear only after 4hr or more hours of flight, and developers think that all is ok because nobody moan and only moan a insignificant minority that not deserve to take in account, aaand, then, the unsolved long flights problems arrive to other flights, maybe.

I get what you're saying but the reports of a CTD caused by ntdll.dll have pretty much gone to 0 now on that forum thread on MSFS forums. I'm still testing but its looking promising. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

45 minutes ago, peloto said:

And this is very much true for more intermittent errors like the memory CTDs. In that case 2 hrs doesn't mean anything. Or perhaps only mean that one were lucky for those two hours 🙂

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

It's perfectly stable now for me. But it's no good Asobo saying that they could not replicate the crash. They need to determine the cause of what happened over the weekend to stop it reoccurring, I feel guilty for blaming GSX.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It's perfectly stable now for me. But it's no good Asobo saying that they could not replicate the crash. They need to determine the cause of what happened over the weekend to stop it reoccurring, I feel guilty for blaming GSX.

Then I'll try my EKCH - LPPT Fenix A320 flight again later today....

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

According to the official Microsoft message just flown another leg of the world tour. No CTD and stable as usual. I even felt the wind changes as pleasantly smoother than before.

Measures like Windows Update were not necessary, the system was up to date, the flight simulator was not touched and the waiting time until the Microsoft repair was spent in the game Green Hell. Probably the right strategy in this case. Hopefully the stability will be confirmed over the following weeks. Have they done well, joy. 👍

Another 3hr flight PMDG 737-700  AIG, GSX, no issues. I doubt very much Windows updates were the issue, as i was getting CTD's  during the same time period as everyone else, and i make a point of checking both Windows update, and MS Store daily before flying .

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It's perfectly stable now for me. But it's no good Asobo saying that they could not replicate the crash. They need to determine the cause of what happened over the weekend to stop it reoccurring

Completely agree. Even though the ntdll.dll CTDs apparently has a very simple fix (perhaps too simple?), there are many other types of CTDs that remain unresolved. And although this sim is IMO by far the best sim overall, it has for me been an unstable mess for the last month. But if the CTDs persist, I might consider taking on another hobby (gardening?), rather than experiencing continued frustration that the sim is not working. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

23 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Even though the ntdll.dll CTDs apparently has a very simple fix (perhaps too simple?),

What ntdll.dll fix? I've applied no fix. It's just resolved itself. It must have been the servers?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Completely agree. Even though the ntdll.dll CTDs apparently has a very simple fix (perhaps too simple?), there are many other types of CTDs that remain unresolved. And although this sim is IMO by far the best sim overall, it has for me been an unstable mess for the last month. But if the CTDs persist, I might consider taking on another hobby (gardening?), rather than experiencing continued frustration that the sim is not working. 

Have you tried removing all the add ons that you have added to MSFS, and see if you still have problems. ? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What ntdll.dll fix? I've applied no fix. It's just resolved itself. It must have been the servers?

Hang on, I’ll just put on my tin foil hat. There. Ok that might be what they want you to believe #hatoff

”Over the past few days, we have been thoroughly investigating crash reports from some PC players related to ntdll.dll. The team is recommending the following procedure to fix the issue:

Manually run Windows Update (Start → Check for updates) and install any available updates. (Note: there may be no updates available)

Perform a full restart of your PC (even if there were no updates detected in Step 1)”

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/constant-ctd-every-flight-now-ntdll-dll/537543

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Have you tried removing all the add ons that you have added to MSFS, and see if you still have problems. ? 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve tried everything in this thread Bob, including running a 100% vanilla installation. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-application-error-memory-could-not-be-read/510977/1342

Don’t want to play a blame game as it’s probably true what Matt Nischan so eloquently stated a while ago:

“The reality is, the “memory cannot be referenced” error means that the program tried to access some variable in its code and found the variable was missing or overwritten. This can literally be any variable in any part of the code. Amongst literal millions of lines of code, you could be chasing down thousands of these that may happen almost never, or almost all the time, and they all depend on the conditions of the surrounding code and data. They may also be entirely out of your code, when something downstream in some driver brings bad wrong or bad data into a variable, and then your code tries to access it.

It’s a super common and often crazy complex issue to diagnose and debug in modern size codebases, the proverbial needle in a haystack, except the needle moves when you start searching through the haystack, and may remove or add other needles as you go, some or all or none of which may be the needle you’re actually looking for.”.

It’s just very frustrating as I had the CTDs for over a month now, and I really like this sim.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Hang on, I’ll just put on my tin foil hat. There. Ok that might be what they want you to believe #hatoff

”Over the past few days, we have been thoroughly investigating crash reports from some PC players related to ntdll.dll. The team is recommending the following procedure to fix the issue:

Manually run Windows Update (Start → Check for updates) and install any available updates. (Note: there may be no updates available)

Perform a full restart of your PC (even if there were no updates detected in Step 1)”

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/constant-ctd-every-flight-now-ntdll-dll/537543

So you still have CTD's after doing the above whereas for most of us, the CTD's have completely vanished without having to update Windows. It's a mystery! 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

6 hours ago, peloto said:

Just done a flight of almost 6 hours without a problem, in an area where I had 4 CTDs in the last two or three days ( each CTD being after about 20 to 30 minutes ). I think I can safely say it's fixed, at least for me.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org