Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

30 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

My last CTD was a year ago after I installed a new airport. Resetting the cache fixed that one.

sp

Which is your zodiac sign, your horoscope, I am doing a study for in case that is related.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peloto said:

Which is your zodiac sign, your horoscope, I am doing a study for in case that is related.

Hm, I’m not so sure. This evening I lit eight candles before starting the sim. So far so good, I’m still flying after 20 minutes.

I mean, there has to be a connection. We’re in august, right? 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

No CTD's here for today either, yesterday was much much worse.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Yesterday i had one flight 2h FBW A320 and in the evening i did some tryings with the sim -  no CTD's !

Lets hope..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

In my humble opinion, this whole windows update thing was a mock discussion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FlyByWire Simulations

So, what's the status of these CTDs at the moment? Are people still getting them? The activity in the official forum thread seems to have gone down considerably since yesterday. Is it solved? And what was the solution? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Didn't try it yet. But many report that CTDs are gone.

FlyByWire Simulations

And the statement by the community manager(s) that Asobo was "fairly certain" that the cause was missing Windows updates (I forget the exact words)... how do we interpret that? A smokescreen? 

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

And the statement by the community manager(s) that Asobo was "fairly certain" that the cause was missing Windows updates (I forget the exact words)... how do we interpret that? A smokescreen? 

My Windows 11 was up to date during the two days of CTDs, so I'm a bit doubtful about what he says. However, I'll not delve too deeply - the sim is running nicely now, and that's all that concerned me.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Whatever the reason, it seems to have resolved itself. 99% of users have not updated anything so, it was a server issue. 

Let's now get back to flying. 

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Just now, Paul K said:

My Windows 11 was up to date during the two days of CTDs, so I'm a bit doubtful about what he says. However, I'll not delve too deeply - the sim is running nicely now, and that's all that concerned me.

The fact that the sim is working is absolutely the most important thing. I was curious as I've participated in another thread on the official forum re: "memory could not be read" CTDs. The post was started in April, has 1300+ posts, and there is no solution in sight. 

• Like 1

Yes the CTDs are gone. We can fly with no problem now. they advise updating windows (a patch of windows defender has been released) and restarting the computer.

46 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

My Windows 10 was updated, I think I updated it last Friday and my CTD problem began after that, but seems to be back to normal now.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Watsi said:

In my humble opinion, this whole windows update thing was a mock discussion.

Yes.  I really don't understand it.  I checked, and my PC has not done a windows update since the 9th of August (the W11 cumulative update). 
I checked for updates manually yesterday and no more updates are available.

But after suffering multiple and regular CTD's recently (memory couldn't be read, and ntl issue when it actually shows in event viewer), I flew all of yesterday evening without a problem, and I stressed the PC and sim as much as I could (I even turned photogrammetry back on).

The main flight was about 90 minutes in the V35.  I flew from Half Moon Bay, all around San Francisco sight-seeing, the down to Monterey, zig-zagging to do a bit of sight-seeing along the way - no problem at all, and super smooth and fluid.  Over 3 hours flight time in total in and out of the main menu - different aircraft and locations - all good.

I think either the servers have reset or fixed themselves, or they have done something else at their end.  The windows update thing makes no sense to me at all.

By the way, San Francisco is almost a waste of time without photogrammetry (that is why I turned it on - rare for me), but the Sutro Tower radio mast was displaying as a really tall plain sky scraper without the photogrammetry turned on.  :laugh:

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I spent a few flights in the modded 152 exploring San Fransisco and the surrounding area during the weekend. It looks awesome but the CTDs were rampant during that time hence had to restart all the time. Last evening (CET) I managed to get a decent ~2 hr flight in the analog Caravan around the PNW area and everthing was just working. I really tried to push the sim to its limits to the point I had to turn on the airconditioning lol. When the sim works it's just... perfect. Let's hope it stays like that. 

• Like 3