Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iFly 737 MAX coming to MSFS

From Jannier in the iFly forum:

Hi,

The iFly 737 MAX-8 will release first as Base Model for P3D v5, then for MSFS.
We then plan to do the -200 for P3D v5 and then MSFS

We would like to do the rest of the models, -9 and then later followed by -7 & -10.

And the latter 2 has not yet been released to market, so it will be some time before we can even start working on those. And without manuals we cannot build it. 

These are plans ONLY!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

This is great.  Have been wanting a max for a while!  I'm now half expecting PMDG to start max chatter...

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

That was posted July 13th. I am surprised I haven't heard about it until now.

Edited by espent
  • Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Thought PMDG will bring the Max? Or that will happen after they bring the 777 and 747 to MSFS?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

Thought PMDG will bring the Max? Or that will happen after they bring the 777 and 747 to MSFS?

In 2035 probably

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jeeeno said:

In 2035 probably

LoL 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

We haven't heard much about the MAX since the whole delay due to what happened in the real world. But I feel like we won't see that from PMDG until they have released their 777/747 range into MSFS? I could be wrong and we could all get a surprise announcement about the Max from PMDG to make it come closer but who knows.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

7 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

If PMDG does the MAX at all, it will be after their 777 and 747.  The business reason is, PMDG has the code for their 777 and 747 and they just need to port it to MSFS, which they can probably do within a year (especially since they know all the hurdles and pitfalls with using the MSFS SDK by now).  Most rational businesses would want to get the most profit & revenue, with the least amount of work.  Porting the 777 and 747 to MSFS would mean less work for PMDG, but a nice profit for them (ie. them = Randazzo).  Doing the 737 MAX would mean a lot more work from PMDG, than doing the 777 or 747 for MSFS.

With iFly bringing the 737 MAX to MSFS, if the iFly 737 MAX is "study level," I don't even know if PMDG will bring the 737 MAX to MSFS. It makes sense for PMDG to do some other plane, if iFly is bringing the 737 MAX to MSFS (assuming the iFly 737 MAX is "study level").

Edited by abrams_tank

11 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

It will happen as soon as Boeing allows PMDG to proceed with the MAX version. The issue is political and related to the controversy surrounding this particular aircraft.

IFly is not bound by such considerations, given they don't have as close a relationship with Boeing as PMDG has. That also means their MAX will use the same performance data as their NG. It will be interesting to see in how far the system differences will be modeled.

Therefore, I believe there is a market for both MAX versions. The IFly as an interim/lite (or even advanced) 737 MAX and the PMDG (when it eventually comes) as the study level airliner that replicates the real thing as close as possible.

Edited by thepilot

3 minutes ago, thepilot said:

It will happen as soon as Boeing allows PMDG to proceed with the MAX version. The issue is political and related to the controversy surrounding this particular aircraft.

While this is true, IMO, even if Boeing gave PMDG the thumbs up to do the MAX, I still think PMDG would do the 777 and 747 for MSFS before the MAX, because it's easier money for PMDG.  But this is just my opinion.

Edited by abrams_tank

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

While this is true, IMO, even if Boeing gave PMDG the thumbs up to do the MAX, I still think PMDG would do the 777 and 747 for MSFS before the MAX, because it's easier money for PMDG.  

We don't know how much work PMDG has invested in the MAX already. I remember reading a post on their forum quite some time ago that the MAX was coming along nicely. Who knows, they may be sitting on a nearly finished addon that may be released as soon as Boeing gives them green light to do so...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thepilot said:

We don't know how much work PMDG has invested in the MAX already. I remember reading a post on their forum quite some time ago that the MAX was coming along nicely. Who knows, they may be sitting on a nearly finished addon that may be released as soon as Boeing gives them green light to do so...

Oh, that changes things then. I didn't know PMDG had invested a lot of time into developing a MAX. For sure, if PMDG had invested a lot of time and money into developing the MAX, that could change their release order, if Boeing gives the green light for PMDG to do a MAX.

• Like 1

This is great news, looking forward to a decent MAX in MSFS.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just now, Ilari Kousa said:

We'll see if the market supports two well-made MAXes.

Given that Ifly's MAX is going to be release a decade before PMDG, my answer is yes. 

• Like 2