Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

... and it seems to need a lot of up trim to get off the ground and land. Much more than the elevator limits suggest.

I'd imagine this is an important product for Carenado; and do this end I'm surprised it's not better than it is in its initial release. Then again ... they've released dogs before only to patch it shortly after release with significant changes. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

I'd imagine this is an important product for Carenado; and do this end I'm surprised it's not better than it is in its initial release. Then again ... they've released dogs before only to patch it shortly after release with significant changes. Fingers crossed. 

They've also released many, many dogs that never got fixed. "Release, patch howlers (sometimes), next" is their company motto.

Nearly weakened, then had a walk through my p3d Carenado graveyard. I'll wait for the SWS..

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Micko said:

The elevator trim is all I  messed with. Have it at a value of 0.3. It probably varies  what device is used.

Thank you! I shall experiment.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

7 hours ago, scotchegg said:

It's not exactly Oscar Wilde....

The product's criticism is terrible.  I hope it will last.   

Edited by hobart escin

I'm hearing Beech 18 sounds mixed in with the engine.  I wasn't hearing this before.  Anyone else getting this?  Anyone who has both the Beech 18 and this?

My 5 minutes of happiness from yesterday was short lived.

This release is a disaster....  it's like they uploaded the wrong build to Marketplace and released it...

Definitely Carenado's worst release so far.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

48 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm hearing Beech 18 sounds mixed in with the engine.  I wasn't hearing this before.  Anyone else getting this?  Anyone who has both the Beech 18 and this?

My 5 minutes of happiness from yesterday was short lived.

This release is a disaster....  it's like they uploaded the wrong build to Marketplace and released it...

Definitely Carenado's worst release so far.

This bug happens with every Carenado plane. You need to deactivate the ground traffic and the AI traffic to fix it 

Edited by Johnny Wyatt

Amazing the number of people that buy an aircraft the first day it is out, then read the reviews that other early buyers post that says it sucks and was a waste of money. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Amazing the number of people that buy an aircraft the first day it is out, then read the reviews that other early buyers post that says it sucks and was a waste of money. 

The last 4 products from them that I own have been pretty decent.  The V35, Beech 18, D17S staggerwing, and C337.

I actually really like the Bonanza V35B.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

36 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

This bug happens with every Carenado plane. You need to deactivate the ground traffic and the AI traffic to fix it 

Thanks I'll try - not a great fix though haha.

Do you have the exact settings to disable?  I tried pulling ground traffic to zero and already had AI disabled.  Still have the double sounds.

52329410836_905cd1b765_b.jpgsettings1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Replace "The first day it is out" with "From Carenado" and it is even more accurate...

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have not had this plane in any previous sim and I wanted to learn how to fly this type of aircraft properly. The negatives of any product in life always seem to overshadow the good points regardless of the magnitude of the flaw.

I will make the best of this aircraft and showcase the positives.  Just completed the cold and dark startup following RW instructions and videos and it worked as it should. We will all look forward to the SWS version and see what it has to offer. For now, many will experience the PC-12 in Flight Simulator for the first time.

• Like 2

No more Carenado for me until they release AC11 Commander

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

For those with bad performance, and are using SU9: activate developer mode, go into settings and turn on “NanoVG for XML Gauges” and see if that works. 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

As an SWS Kodiak owner who has been waiting for floats that were projected for 2/2022 I'm curious if anyone has concrete news on their PC-12 development progress.  If there hasn't been much in the way of publication then given the delay on adding floats to the Kodiak I am not holding my breath for their PC-12 release before next year.  However I would be happily disabused of this outlook...