Sign in to follow this  
Donka

Which Carenado aircraft do you want to see next?

All the hate directed at Carenado because they aren't "Study level" ,its GA planes folks there isn't much to study....In my career as a pilot I've flown 30+ types and besides the jets and the DC-3 most of them could be flown safety with a 5 minute read through of the POH (to get speeds and how to drop the gear if it wont come down).... In GA things like working breakers,wear,etc just aren't needed because the systems are so simple.

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

5 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

All the hate directed at Carenado because they aren't "Study level" ,its GA planes folks there isn't much to study

Hardly anyone expects "study level" from Carenado - most just expect a properly tested product without annoying flaws. And Carenado just have a rather long track record of sometimes not living up to such fairly reasonable expectations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, z06z33 said:

All the hate directed at Carenado because they aren't "Study level" ,its GA planes folks there isn't much to study....In my career as a pilot I've flown 30+ types and besides the jets and the DC-3 most of them could be flown safety with a 5 minute read through of the POH (to get speeds and how to drop the gear if it wont come down).... In GA things like working breakers,wear,etc just aren't needed because the systems are so simple.

I wrote this in the PC12 thread.  The previous four release from them have been fine...  This PC12 has many issues.  Major avionics issues such as the glide path not displaying for rnav approaches with vertical mins, major flight characteristic issues such as barely being able to takeoff from a runway less than 2500 ft (at far less than gross and std isa), and as for the simulation itself - major memory leak of some kind / fps degradation after 30min of flight.

It's like Carenado released a broken build to the Marketplace on accident.  That's wishful thinking though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

We need more mid-sized planes, but that is not Carenado's thing.

We still don't have a decent Dash to fly or any mid-sized planes in general really.
We have the DC-6, but that doesn't really count as it's kind of uniquely situated.

It's either pick a full sized passenger plane, or a smaller jet, or a GA plane.

I always had a special liking for mid-sized to larger turbo props, or even mid-sized jets.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

18 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Simbol is doing that apparently....and if it's as in depth as his Sting it should be really lovely.

That is good news indeed!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Citation XLS+ , doesn't need to be "study level" and all that mouth full of crab. A decent model which can fly you from A - B without mayor flaws. I hope it is not too much asking..

EMB120 or Saab 2000

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I was hoping a ground swell for the Brewster Buffalo. But it's looking like the tough crowd here has even less respect for it than did the Japanese Navy pilots. 😞

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Dornier 228

dornier-yvr-7.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 9/3/2022 at 5:40 PM, ryanbatc said:

This PC12 has many issues.  Major avionics issues such as the glide path not displaying for rnav approaches with vertical mins, major flight characteristic issues such as barely being able to takeoff from a runway less than 2500 ft (at far less than gross and std isa), and as for the simulation itself - major memory leak of some kind / fps degradation after 30min of flight.

But this still doesn't stop experienced simmers - some even claiming to be "real pilots" - from buying this pile of manure. 

Carenado obviously discovered how to successfully market their products to simmers. 

Carenado: This plane is only semi-functional, will give you much grief, and in order to ge fulll enjoyment out of it, you'll have to shell out another fifty bucks or so for a decent avionics package from another company. 

Avsimmers response: First day buy for me, for sure!

🤣

• Like 1

The Piper Cheyenne 400LS Twin Turboprop would be an awesome plane. First choice for builder would be from FSW. Of course A2A or Blackbird/Milviz would be great. Barring those, would be quite happy if Carendo took a shot at doing one!

Being around the flight sim scene for 20+ years, and still complaining about Carenado products not being study level...is pure insanity at this point.

Go seek help...

• Like 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

Being around the flight sim scene for 20+ years, and still complaining about Carenado products not being study level...is pure insanity at this point.

Go seek help...

Where did you see folks complaining Carenado products are not study level?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Go seek help...

No one complains about Carenado because their addons are not study level. The issue with Carenado is that they release their addons without testing them. So the customer has to do the beta testing. And sometimes, like with the PC12, the addons are so buggy that they are more or less unusable. 

If Carenado had a dedicated beta team, almost all of these bugs would be caught very early on and the customer would get a much better product. But for some reason they are not interested in this process. And that's the main reason for all the critic.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

12 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

No one complains about Carenado because their addons are not study level. The issue with Carenado is that they release their addons without testing them. So the customer has to do the beta testing. And sometimes, like with the PC12, the addons are so buggy that they are more or less unusable. 

If Carenado had a dedicated beta team, almost all of these bugs would be caught very early on and the customer would get a much better product. But for some reason they are not interested in this process. And that's the main reason for all the critic.

These expectations are also insanity, it's Carenado!

Enjoy their products for superb visuals and subpar default copy/pasted physics/avionics and don't expect many fixes.

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram