Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Flysimware News - Beechcraft Sierra C24R

They posted this on their Discord:

We have two announcements. We are working with @LesOReilly | 750Xi NON VC Only and decided our next project is his Beechcraft Sierra C24R as this is the most documented aircraft we can get at this time and this means study level product. Will have analog with choices of G3X / G5 / GTN750 / GTN 650 combo and the GFC600 autopilot. So very close to the C414 if that is what you guys want. You can post in the chat channel on your choice for the panel. The other announcement is the C414 will be released officially on the MSFS Market Place tomorrow.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Ryan flies a Musketeer -- I think the Sierra is a later version??  Anyway he should be happy.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have flown Sierra. Very nice airplane. Comfortable, great visibility, and ergonomics. However, comparing with Piper Arrow in the same league it perform much worse. I'd call it slow but comfortable! LOL 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I fly the Musketeer Super III - very similar.  Les' plane is really nice!

Ours is fixed gear 200 hp fixed pitch prop.  And technically 6 seater lol (it's more like 4 plus a child)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was hoping they would do the Lear 35 or Falcon 50 next...too many single engine planes in the sim atm. But if it as good as the 414 I'll be okay 😛

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

9 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

I was hoping they would do the Lear 35 or Falcon 50 next...too many single engine planes in the sim atm. But if it as good as the 414 I'll be okay 😛

MtnFly is working on the Lear 35A, actually.

Here's a video of it (just internal, but shows you the depth)

45 minutes ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

MtnFly is working on the Lear 35A, actually.

Here's a video of it (just internal, but shows you the depth)

Oh wow, cool! do they have a discord server?

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I fly the Musketeer Super III - very similar.  Les' plane is really nice!

Ours is fixed gear 200 hp fixed pitch prop.  And technically 6 seater lol (it's more like 4 plus a child)

Hey Ryan, I used to fly a Musketeer Super III (A23-24).  They are great flying airplanes, just watch your speed on final...touch down too fast and they will porpoise.  

Regards,

John

21 minutes ago, piperarrow41 said:

Hey Ryan, I used to fly a Musketeer Super III (A23-24).  They are great flying airplanes, just watch your speed on final...touch down too fast and they will porpoise.  

Regards,

John

Yeah you're telling me!  When I started flying it (coming from a Piper Cherokee) I had a few dicey ones....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It looks like they're striving for complex systems - and they'll be able to nail the flight model too!

It seems like FSW will support a variety of avionics options.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Are the different landing characteristics due to the spring/puck main gear thingy the wikipedia article talks about?

I wonder if FSW can simulate that.  A lot may depend on SU10/11 changes with ground handling.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, piperarrow41 said:

Regards,

John

To some degree it can be applied to all aircraft LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, Mets737 said:

FSW is in the process of bringing their L35A to MSFS -- work has already started on that. The long range plan is the Falcon50 will follow the Lear35A.

Al