Sign in to follow this  
Maxis

Beta 1.27.21.0 is out !

5 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Please inform me as an older guy in the flight simulation community and a RW pilot. There seems to be this SU10, Nvidia driver update fever..I'm using MSFS.....without any problems. This hype around updates? I can't understand? Are you guys (gals) just not "flying"? Is your sim broken? Plz enlighten me as to this "update" frenzy? Regards.

Just new features (better DX12 support, DLSS which works brilliant for me) and lots of bug / stability fixes. 

The SU10 update notes will be quite extensive for this update.  I see it as a big positive as long as they don't stuff up anything else in the meantime! :biggrin:

Edit:  Looks like your 1080Ti will be able to utilise DX12 Peter - if you want to.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I just completed my 1st full flight in this version. So far, so good. KBWI (my own) - KBOS (FT) in the PMDG 737 with AIG traffic at 90% and GSX at both ends in DX11 with TAA. It was perfect. No issues whatsoever. And no graphics CTDs anywhere.

It might be soup now.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Did they ever fix the blurry glass cockpit problem while using DLSS?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

No. As per the last Twitch Q&A, they need to mask the glass parts of the gauges, so that DLSS is not used on the glass parts of the gauges.  No timeline on when they can do this.  My guess is SU 11 or SU 12.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

No. As per the last Twitch Q&A, they need to mask the glass parts of the gauges, so that DLSS is not used on the glass parts of the gauges.  No timeline on when they can do this.  My guess is SU 11 or SU 12.

Thanks Tank. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Undestood the same except that my understanding... sorry... my guessing was that they relied on nvidia driver's update.

• Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

5 hours ago, DAD said:

Yep, all up and running on my side 😉

🤣

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Edit:  Looks like your 1080Ti will be able to utilise DX12 Peter - if you want to.

But the DLSS feature don't. At least a RTX type is required (series -20 and -30)

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Interesting. I suppose they haven't improved the awful colour rendition especially at dawn and dusk from inside the cockpit when HDR is turned on? 

As I'm fairly new to owning a HDR screen (LG C1), do you know if I have to turn HDR on in windows 10 first for it to work properly in MSFS? I've been doing that up until now as otherwise the hdr option doesn't display in MSFS. However I was also wondering if windows 10 hdr mode is somehow messing up the colours as I read it is not well implemented.

I notice in one other game I use from time to time (Battlefield) my TV tells me that HDR mode is turned on automatically when the game loads without me having to turn it on in Windows 10. So I am a bit confused as to why this doesn't happen when I load MSFS?

In MSFS even the daylight HDR colours look bad (too dark in the shadows and inside the cockpit). I get the feeling it is not working properly and shouldn't look like it does. Any tips would be much appreciated.

You can vastly improve hdr on C1 by using Nvidia Freestyle filter. Use the 'brightness and contrast' filter. Put all sliders to zero and gamma to negative 28 (-28). Msfs has raised gamma which in turn raises the black levels and produces a washed out image. Try this let me know. 

• Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I missed Steve's comments earlier. I think the colors at dawn and dusk look spectacular in HDR. They only looked bad on my system when MSFS was running in HDR mode, but not actually activating HDR (or doing whatever resizing & moving the window did to make it work) in Windows.

So far, HDR has been active every time I have started the sim today (3 or 4 times). 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Probably old news since I'm a bit late on this one. But I was also greeted by the "insert disc". Solved it quickly by opting out of the Gaming services in the Insider hub as per a forum suggestion. 

The first thing I checked after loading into the sim was HDR. Still needs the workaraound! Haven't had any time to do any flying yet, but I don't expect any changes, since the point of this one was to align everyone on the same beta number, if I understand correctly. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Interesting. I suppose they haven't improved the awful colour rendition especially at dawn and dusk from inside the cockpit when HDR is turned on? 

As I'm fairly new to owning a HDR screen (LG C1), do you know if I have to turn HDR on in windows 10 first for it to work properly in MSFS? I've been doing that up until now as otherwise the hdr option doesn't display in MSFS. However I was also wondering if windows 10 hdr mode is somehow messing up the colours as I read it is not well implemented.

I notice in one other game I use from time to time (Battlefield) my TV tells me that HDR mode is turned on automatically when the game loads without me having to turn it on in Windows 10. So I am a bit confused as to why this doesn't happen when I load MSFS?

In MSFS even the daylight HDR colours look bad (too dark in the shadows and inside the cockpit). I get the feeling it is not working properly and shouldn't look like it does. Any tips would be much appreciated.

HDR tone mapping is not working properly in MSFS. Brightness is set to an unrealistic 10,000nits, leading to overblown highlights and lack of detail and contrast in the sky/clouds. HDR tone mapping set to ON in the TV menu will lead to unnatural colours, especially at dusk/dawn. I have been able to remedy this somewhat by turning HDR tone mapping OFF in my OLED menu, then tweaking the highlights with reshade (another option is to reduce max nits in TV menu). But I went through a lot of hoops to get there. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Please inform me as an older guy in the flight simulation community and a RW pilot. There seems to be this SU10, Nvidia driver update fever..I'm using MSFS.....without any problems. This hype around updates? I can't understand? Are you guys (gals) just not "flying"? Is your sim broken? Plz enlighten me as to this "update" frenzy? Please inform us of what is not working that you need this update before you can "fly"? Is this just update frenzy mentality? Regards.

I think people are anxiously awaiting proper DX12 implementation. I am. For those of us who have been in the beta since the beginning 2 months ago, we remember the impressive performance in the first build. I guess we are hoping we'll get that back. But that requires an nVidia driver update. So I guess you can call this an "update frenzy", lol. 

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

IMO it's better, but not quite there yet. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

"I can't understand? Are you guys (gals) just not "flying"?

not if a beta bug keeps saying "please insert disc or Quit" 😊

"Is your sim broken?"

no, wasn't before, but now it is grounded due to "Please insert Disk or Quit"

"Plz enlighten me as to this "update" frenzy? Please inform us of what is not working that you need this update before you can "fly"?

nothing, just enjoying to play russian roulette, a.k.a. beta testing

"Is this just update frenzy mentality?"

absolutely, a.k.a. helping the community and Asobo, while in reality we are just too impatient and like to play with fire 😊

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.