Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFS shown at GTC to showcase DLSS 3.0 100+ FPS!!!

7 minutes ago, Dankovic said:

But Shaders are not the problem at the moment.  

DLSS Super Resolution is effective in boosting performance in GPU bound cases by rendering fewer pixels. However, Microsoft Flight Simulator can be CPU bound even on the highest-end CPUs. In this case, DLSS 3’s Optical Multi Frame Generation is able to alleviate CPU bottlenecks and boost FPS by up to 2X by creating entirely new frames that never touch the CPU.

• Like 3

and we are still waiting for FSR2.0...............

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

It's mostly DLSS 3 performance boost. Which will only be available on 4000-series. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

DLSS Super Resolution is effective in boosting performance in GPU bound cases by rendering fewer pixels. However, Microsoft Flight Simulator can be CPU bound even on the highest-end CPUs. In this case, DLSS 3’s Optical Multi Frame Generation is able to alleviate CPU bottlenecks and boost FPS by up to 2X by creating entirely new frames that never touch the CPU.

I'm trying to understand the second sentence. 

So the CPU does the simulation calculation, but with DLSS 3 you would get for every CPU cycle presumably 2x frames generated by the GPU. Is this correct?

I didn't build a new box since the 7th gen Intels came out. How does this work with the new GPU releases? Are we able to pre-order anywhere, or do we need to wait until the launch date to place orders?

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

55 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

I'm trying to understand the second sentence. 

So the CPU does the simulation calculation, but with DLSS 3 you would get for every CPU cycle presumably 2x frames generated by the GPU. Is this correct?

I think DLSS 3 is just using machine learning to extrapolate a new frame all on its own.  It looks at the current frame, and creates a new one perhaps based on motion analysis of previous frames. Thus, there's a huge opportunity for artifacts in my opinion. I'm skeptical.

Well there is a lot of info to digest and analyse here!

First of all, this is DLSS v3 running in MSFS :blink:.  Then it says 'RTX On'.  what does this mean?  Isn't this to do with ray tracing?

I welcome these new cards, but the first issue I see may be power consumption. 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well there is a lot of info to digest and analyse here!

First of all, this is DLSS v3 running in MSFS :blink:.  Then it says 'RTX On'.  what does this mean?  Isn't this to do with ray tracing?

I welcome these new cards, but the first issue I see may be power consumption. 

RTX is just the name of all the tools / libraries Nvidia offer. DLSS is part of that toolset no ray tracing here.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Ya think I will just pump the breaks until a lad from our community takes it for a spin in a realistic flight sim environment. Not this outside the cockpit with a default aircraft BS

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Yeah...no. I mean could be pretty cool. But since I own a 3080 I won't get a any of those cards. Prices are a joke. They could actually have trouble selling those, since the crypto market crashed hard too. 

Recently started 3d printing and painting and if I compare the value of additional tools and supplies to that.... 

100+ fps?!? Saw the key note as „professional“ attendee for business reasons and was pleasantly surprised to see MSFS as showcase. But heck, who needs 100fps. I am more than happy with my capped 35 fps. As long as it’s smooth all is fine. Ok. Ask me again after switched to 4K …

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Need to show what flying inside the cockpit of a complex airliner or into a complex airport scenery with lots of AI traffic looks like.
Doubling the FPS sounds impressive, but few people will fly as showcased in the linked demo.

Mods, can we merge the now 4 different threads on this topic, please?

Yeah, show me how the Fenix lands at a busy Heathrow airport with full on scenery and then I’ll sit up and pay attention. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1