Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFS shown at GTC to showcase DLSS 3.0 100+ FPS!!!

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

2-4x faster than the 3090 I think is what the stats said.

not in MSFS:  4 x is raw rasterisation performance increase. and how DLSS3 looks in glass cockpits we don't know yet. many have disabled the current DLSS2 implementation again because of artefacts it introduced.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

24 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Yeah, show me how the Fenix lands at a busy Heathrow airport with full on scenery and then I’ll sit up and pay attention. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.

NAX669.png

Do these new cards require a PSU with PCIE 5 support?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Do these new cards require a PSU with PCIE 5 support?

No, your existing PSU can handle it with 3 x PCIe Connectors or 1xPCIe 5 connector. Of course your PSU has to have the raw wattage - I think an 800 Watt PSU is the bare minimum for the 4090 (since the card alone will take 400+ watts under load), but you probably want a 1000 Watt PSU because it's not likely that you have a 4090 and the rest of your computer is a "budget, power-sipping" build. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mwilk said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It's not the 135 fps or whatever...it's the increase of fps.  If you have 40 with heavy addons and you can get even 60 or 80?  That's a massive change 

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

22 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It's not the 135 fps or whatever...it's the increase of fps.  If you have 40 with heavy addons and you can get even 60 or 80?  That's a massive change 

Agreed. And I’m excited by the idea of any performance improvements….I’m just mindful that at the moment I (and I think a few of us) are main thread limited due to TLOD and AI hitting the CPU so hard. Hence seeing what happens at a busy KLAX or EGLL is important to me at least. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Frame boost is impressive, no doubt about that, but raytracing doesn't seem to make quite the dramatic difference I was expecting. Better, sure, but side by side with default it does show just how good it is right now.

Having said that, interested to see how raytracing works even on a lowly 3000series card.

edit: sorry, got confused by the RTX logo, thanks to others who pointed out there's no raytracing in this.

Edited by scotchegg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, FlyingGoose said:

No, your existing PSU can handle it with 3 x PCIe Connectors or 1xPCIe 5 connector. Of course your PSU has to have the raw wattage - I think an 800 Watt PSU is the bare minimum for the 4090 (since the card alone will take 400+ watts under load), but you probably want a 1000 Watt PSU because it's not likely that you have a 4090 and the rest of your computer is a "budget, power-sipping" build. 

Bring it, Nvidia...  I'm ready,

Lol... Started building my new rig from the bottom up. This was part #1.

spacer.png

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

Frame boost is impressive, no doubt about that, but raytracing doesn't seem to make quite the dramatic difference I was expecting. Better, sure, but side by side with default it does show just how good it is right now.

Having said that, interested to see how raytracing works even on a lowly 3000series card.

Did they actually demo ray tracing with MSFS? 

35 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Until we see a video under those conditions we really don't know what the performance level will be like. I'll take any increase I can get but I'm not going to spend another $1500 for a new video card until my 2080 dies.

NAX669.png

likewise, I'll be sticking with my 3090. I'll believe the hype when I see it. I've see this kind of hype before for next gen PC hardware but even though I've often purchased the latest and greatest

I've never seen more than an incremental improvement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, FBW737 said:

likewise, I'll be sticking with my 3090. I'll believe the hype when I see it. I've see this kind of hype before for next gen PC hardware but even though I've often purchased the latest and greatest

I've never seen more than an incremental improvement.

I'm on a 1080 Ti.  I'll be guinea pigs for all of you haha.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm on a 1080 Ti.  I'll be guinea pigs for all of you haha.

well if you are going from a 1080ti to a 4090 no doubt you'll see a substantial increase in performance assuming you upgrade the rest of you system too.

But it will hardly put you in the position to compare the performance of 4090 to a 3090 since you don't have one.

42 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

That side-by-side demo was just about DLSS.. the "RTX on/off" phrasing was confusing but it just means with DLSS on and off. RTX is the container name Nvidia uses for their technologies such as DLSS, ray tracing, etc.

Asobo would have to actually develop/implement support in their code to bring ray tracing to MSFS, it's not just a matter of turning that on/off at the GPU level. MS/Asobo also haven't mentioned anything about ray tracing on their roadmaps AFAIK, but who knows, possibly in a future SU.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I just bought an EVGA 3090 Ti FTW Ultra for USD 1000  -  brand new from a large retail shop (including taxes!). That will tide me over to next year, when 4090 Ti will release, or 4090 pricing will come down some. 

So yeah, I'm ok with my current beast of a card, 4090 is likely to be much faster of course, but USD 1600+ taxes is a lot for that performance. Really my next step is to do a whole new PC with PCIe Gen 5 things, possibly towards the end of next year / early 2024.

There are some good deals to be had in the 3000-series now. Especially if you don't do 4K gaming, and even if you do. 

• Like 1