Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

7 hours ago, sonny147 said:

ok so why is everything that's clickable suddenly turning bright blue lol !!!

Looks like that's this item from the changelog:

"Added highlights to all clickspots when using locked interaction mode"

I believe there's something in the MSFS settings to turn these off. I think it's under "accessibility". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

I believe there's something in the MSFS settings to turn these off. I think it's under "accessibility". 

correct. General Options --> Accessibility and then Cockpit Interaction System which needs to be on Legacy

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

13 minutes ago, DAD said:
15 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

correct. General Options --> Accessibility and then Cockpit Interaction System which needs to be on Legacy

Thanks!

I believe there's also an option somewhere adjacent to that to turn the blue highlights off while still using "locked" interaction mode, if that's what @sonny147 is after -- I think it's one of the "tooltips" options.

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I don't see it in the list but did they implement WX radar with new API or not yet?

Emanuel from PMDG discussed this in a Video why PMDG also will not implement a WX Radar with this API.

The short answer: The API reports a top down view of precipitation without reporting at which height it is. So a WX Radar using it will not able to tell you how high you have to fly to get over it.

Which is of course highly unrealistic.

• Like 1

thanks guys that is indeed what iam looking for " lock mode without blue highlighter thing 

Edited by sonny147
added
  • Like 1

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

8 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

No, the new API isn't near enough for them yet.  ASOBO still has some work to do on it.

so the main feature of this patch was the WX radar API that was advertised on the Devs Q&A and weekly updates and  they didnt  do the complete version..... so 4 months only to get a DLSS

here is the what they suppose to release 

• Roadmap:
    • Sim Update 10
      • For Premium & Deluxe aircraft, the config files (.cfg) will no longer be encrypted. You’ll be able to access them to mod these aircraft!
      • Terrain & Weather Radar Drawing APIs
      • NavData & Airport Data Reading API for SimConnect and WASM.
      • Aircraft Editor V2
      • Smart Docking System: the game can now be rendered in its own window in the Devmode, allowing you to re-arrange your editors around it.
Edited by michael8

14 minutes ago, michael8 said:

so the main feature of this patch was the WX radar API that was advertised on the Devs Q&A and weekly updates and  they didnt  do the complete version..... so 4 months only to get a DLSS

here is the what they suppose to release 

• Roadmap:
    • Sim Update 10
      • For Premium & Deluxe aircraft, the config files (.cfg) will no longer be encrypted. You’ll be able to access them to mod these aircraft!
      • Terrain & Weather Radar Drawing APIs
      • NavData & Airport Data Reading API for SimConnect and WASM.
      • Aircraft Editor V2
      • Smart Docking System: the game can now be rendered in its own window in the Devmode, allowing you to re-arrange your editors around it.

As I understood, asobo has only exposed bitmap for WX that is not good enough for Fenix implementation.  

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

hi all

I am not getting the option to update.

my Fenix app is saying v0.0......yesterday it was ok.

I have relogged in ...even rebooted.

any ideas please before I contact Fenix support.

Thanks.

Qas

8 minutes ago, rwy12 said:

hi all

Thanks.

Qas

strange, I would go to https://fenixsim.com/ and to your dashboard to download the latest version from there directly, just install it over the old app

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

hi all

Thanks.

Qas

Might be worth downloading the installer from https://fenixsim.com/ and then try it that way.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

hi all

Thanks.

Qas

This is odd, but you can download the latest version manually from the fenix website after you log in.

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Guys anyone knows if Fenix works fine with DX12?

It is for me

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

working well for me , just scared about vram but that probably not related

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +