Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

I can hardly imagine them releasing another beta on, say 2 Nov, collecting issues and amending them within 9 days, but we'll see.

AFAIK there won't be any more beta updates until release

Good day Beta testers,

Per the plan outlined at the start of the Sim Update 11 Beta, updates to the Beta testing groups on all platforms have now paused while we finalize and integrate the 40th Anniversary content into the final build. We are continuing to collect feedback from the Beta, and any feedback received since the last update will be investigated and addressed to the best of our ability in the final build or in future updates.

The 1.29.25.0 update will now remain in the Beta testing group until release. Because 40th Anniversary content is being added to the final build, the current flight build (which only contains SU11 content) will not be the same build released to the general public on November 11, 2022.

To prepare for future Beta opportunities, the Beta testing groups will persist and participants will not be removed following the release of the Sim Update 11 / 40th Anniversary. All players in the testing group will automatically receive the final build within about an hour of its release to the general public. The delay in the publish to the testing groups is due to a limitation of our release process, and we thank you for your understanding.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I wasn't saying there will be more beta patches, The build releasing on the 11th won't be the same one we're currently testing.

Edited by Tuskin38

Question folks. I am just starting to test FSLTL. I have an API key for the flightplandatabase but I don't know if it's an advantage to use it or not.

How many of you are using it? Advantages?

Thanks

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

15 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Question folks. I am just starting to test FSLTL. I have an API key for the flightplandatabase but I don't know if it's an advantage to use it or not.

How many of you are using it? Advantages?

Thanks

AI will use flight plans with actual waypoints to destinations, without the API AI will simply fly direct GPS routes to destinations.

Depends on just how much you care for what AI is doing outside of your cockpit.

The developers of FSLTL recommend we use the API.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

AI will use flight plans with actual waypoints to destinations, without the API AI will simply fly direct GPS routes to destinations.

Depends on just how much you care for what AI is doing outside of your cockpit.

The developers of FSLTL recommend we use the API.

Thanks much!

• Like 1

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

For what it's worth, MS/Asobo seem to have changed their position with respect to the SU11 release version. See this post by SeedyL3205 who is an official MS representative

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su11-beta-what-you-see-is-what-youll-get/553464/38

"For clarification, 1.29.25.0 is the last beta build we are releasing as part of the ongoing public test, but it will not be the final release build for SU11. As described in the READ FIRST 3 post, we always planned to pause updates to the beta after October 24, but we are still reading and documenting your bug reports and feedback. I can confirm that several bugs being discussed in the various beta forums have already been resolved in our current internal build, and those fixes will be included in the final SU11 build released to everyone on November 11."

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 hours ago, pmb said:

For what it's worth, MS/Asobo seem to have changed their position with respect to the SU11 release version. See this post by SeedyL3205 who is an official MS representative

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su11-beta-what-you-see-is-what-youll-get/553464/38

"For clarification, 1.29.25.0 is the last beta build we are releasing as part of the ongoing public test, but it will not be the final release build for SU11. As described in the READ FIRST 3 post, we always planned to pause updates to the beta after October 24, but we are still reading and documenting your bug reports and feedback. I can confirm that several bugs being discussed in the various beta forums have already been resolved in our current internal build, and those fixes will be included in the final SU11 build released to everyone on November 11."

Kind regards, Michael

Kinda half defeats the point in the bata... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Kinda half defeats the point in the bata... 

This beta has been a bit strange from the beginning. Very short time period for testing. Not able to test with gliders or helicopters. The new AI traffic logic, although being better in some ways, has also rendered FSLTL half useless (no arriving or landing aircraft) due to some new simconnect issue. And then another issue, perhaps related to some object limit, rendering GAIST unusable for a number of people. 

I spent a week or so in the beta testing for stability and performance in many different locations. And I tested the default live traffic. Then I just went back to SU10 to use the new version of FSLTL and eventually FSFlow and FSGround. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Then I just went back to SU10 to use the new version of FSLTL and eventually FSFlow and FSGround. 

Let’s hope they fixed it for November 11 then, otherwise we are going to have some pretty upset people ! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not able to test with gliders or helicopters.

This is just a theory, but I have a feeling they didn't include the 40th Anniversary content so people wouldn't join the beta just to play with it, (or they want us to test just SU11).

The next SU11 build will have the 40th Anniversary stuff included, which is why tester's aren't getting it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

As LSmith noted, I hope they don't leave in the conflicting traffic logic that affects FSTL on release, I mean if we are only about a week away from the next update (kind of scary). This forum is going to be full of complainers if they do, lol...

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 minute ago, Alpine Scenery said:

This forum is going to be full of complainers if they do

and if they don't and anyway. as much as I like new beta stuff to play with, ehhm "research + test", I am quite happy about some stillness before the next storm.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 minutes ago, turbomax said:

and if they don't and anyway. as much as I like new beta stuff to play with, ehhm "research + test", I am quite happy about some stillness before the next storm.

Yah, they release stuff a bit fast, but the other end of the stick is if you slow things down, developers tend to get lazy and start missing their targets more. I'm currently away from the rat race right now (thank god). In all the jobs I've ever done, programming is the worst rat race. What makes it bad is there is always "that guy" that is faster than everyone else, but also sloppier. So all the managers always make that guy the reference to keep up with, even though the code that comes out is completely unmanageable later. No-one cares anymore, it's all about hitting the deadline, fix it later (but technical debt is real and is a nightmare, especially for smaller companies).

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 3

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

54 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I am quite happy about some stillness before the next storm.

This is probably an atrocious statement, but I kinda wish SU11 would not go live until sometime next year. In some ways. Everything in SU10 is working really well.