Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

5 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Interesting, which tool did you use for that?

I created a small app in Visual Studio that wraps itself around texconv.exe and does a texture resize on any dds files found within a given folder and any of its sub-folders - done all 1099 textures in around 7-8mins.

Currently testing at EIDW and all seems good with traffic set to IFR 60, static 3. I think my next move will be to reinstate the effects folder and see what the impact is.

Just now, garydpoole said:

I created a small app in Visual Studio that wraps itself around texconv.exe and does a texture resize on any dds files found within a given folder and any of its sub-folders - done all 1099 textures in around 7-8mins.

Currently testing at EIDW and all seems good with traffic set to IFR 60, static 3. I think my next move will be to reinstate the effects folder and see what the impact is.

Nice, would you mind sharing the App?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I noticed that one should better look not too closely at what the enroute aircraft are doing. I'm tracking them in LittleNavmap and even if I use the flightplan API they partially fly completely wonky directions,

Currently I was looking a Turkish Airlines flight which was enroute from LTFM to LIRF. It was flying in the southerly direction over Albania. Neither on a track to Rome nor from Istanbul.

Or a Jet2 Flight from Athens to Birmingham that was flying heading 231° over Northern Macedonia. Flying towards the southern tip of Italy instead of towards England...

Whatever they think their Flightradar24 tracking is doing, it certainly isn't doing it very good.

When it comes to Aircraft flying actually the routes they are supposed to the default Live-Traffic is far superiour. The downside is that it has such a big delay, is more suitable for US flights since Flightaware's coverage outside the US is not the best, and that you don't get unassigned static aircraft on the ground, as aircraft only show up as soon as their transponders went live in the real world.

Edited by Farlis

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I noticed that one should better look not too closely at what the enroute aircraft are doing.

Good point. There's the option of using the API from that flightplan site. But I've disabled it for now as there's been reports of it causing an additional decrease in fps. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

here's the option of using the API from that flightplan site.

Doesn't help at all. I'm using it and my observations where done with it active.

Here is another one I just spotted: A Learjet from Larnaca to Dubrovnik. Crusing at FL400 over Coronia Lake Northeast of Thessaloniki flying Heading 002°

This way it will end up somewhere in Romania, but definately not on the Adriatic Coast...

Edited by Farlis

24 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Doesn't help at all. I'm using it and my observations where done with it active.

Ah well. For me I probably wouldn't notice that an en route AI is heading in the wrong direction. 

Another thing re: GA. It just occured to me that it's simple to get lots of GA using either Phantoms mod. Or the one at Simmarket. Just need to adjust the amount of GA with the offline traffic slider. I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it'll work. 

This is EGKA Shoreham with offline traffic (GA) at 100%:

vEWrT82.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Sadly the performance hit is just too great for me, it's not so much fps but greatly increased pausing and stuttering even with just 15 Ai planes, parked aircraft set on one and the effects folder removed. Seems like more a memory issue than anything else? I'm guessing my system is just too much on the edge. Lower res models would be my request.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

Sadly the performance hit is just too great for me, it's not so much fps but greatly increased pausing and stuttering even with just 15 Ai planes, parked aircraft set on one and the effects folder removed. Seems like more a memory issue than anything else? I'm guessing my system is just too much on the edge. Lower res models would be my request.

Odd. I don't see much impact on performance. Definately not more than using AIG at 100%

Do I have to uninstall all the aig liveries I installed for this to work or just move its folders out of my community folder?

Thank for the help

Anthony 

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Just now, Farlis said:

Odd. I don't see much impact on performance. Definately not more than using AIG at 100%

Well I've not given up. I definitely get much less stuttering with Simple Traffic and AI offline. What I haven't yet done is to try with DX11.

7 minutes ago, Anthony25368 said:

Do I have to uninstall all the aig liveries I installed for this to work or just move its folders out of my community folder?

Thank for the help

Anthony 

Just keep them where they are. If you have the space left. Some of them will be used by the injector, if FSTL is missing models and liveries.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Just keep them where they are. If you have the space left. Some of them will be used by the injector, if FSTL is missing models and liveries.

Probably just models at the moment, not liveries. Apparently. 

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Probably just models at the moment, not liveries. Apparently. 

Have you checked OMDB for Emirates A380's yet? I plan on doing that after my current flight to Kos is done in 45 minutes, but maybe you already have conclusive findings?

22 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Have you checked OMDB for Emirates A380's yet? I plan on doing that after my current flight to Kos is done in 45 minutes, but maybe you already have conclusive findings?

Yes. I almost got an awesome screenshot of the landing, but I just managed to capture the tail... It corresponded extremely well with the RL one (UAE93P from Paris CDG, landed at 6:35 local time). 

IIRC Kaii at AIG wrote somewhere that OMDB is not configured for parked 380s at gates, lol. But I did see one parked at a stand at the southern end of the airport. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett