Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Malta Air, it is co-owned by Ryan Air. AIG has the Airline code attached to that livery as RYR, as does Flightradar.

So it wasn't technically a mistake, but a flaw in livery matching via airline code.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't imagine that, 😄

25 minutes ago, Iiari said:

Very interesting to read everyone's comments.  These are certainly promising early days with FSLTL. 

However, for me at least, the FPS hit is just too high.  Landing at a large urban airport post-SU 10 in an airliner is usually a smooth ~30-35 FPS at the moment without injection, but FSLTL turned on with its default settings drops landings for me down to a more stuttery 23-26 FPS.  That's too high a price to pay, even for a free add-on.  For the moment, it appears we have an immersion vs performance choice ,and I choose performance right now, which is so good in SU 10.  I will still follow this with interest, though, and will watch people tinker with the FSLTL settings to see if we find anything more performant.  

Same here. On my machine with lots of AIG traffic in VR the framerate was still 30 fps or close to that.

With less traffic in FSLTL the framerate often dropped to as low as 18 fps with stutters.

I found that it is not in the models but in the effects (lights) the models use. When I removed the effects folder from the 'fsltl-traffic-base' the performance was back to normal, though for the moment no lights on the planes.

• Like 2

I'm seeing a lot of activity at Tokyo, Haneda. Quite impressive actually. The whole airport is filled with parked AI (set at max), and I haven't seen a blank livery yet. Constant takeoffs from both 34L&R and landings at 22. IRL they're taking off from 05 and arriving at 34L it seems. With a TLOD of 100 I can barely manage 30fps but with DX12 it's fairly smooth. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Hmm seems FSLTL doesn't have a Saab 340 model nor a livery for REX (the Australian regional airline).  Taxing at YSSY at present we have the afternoon REX flight from YSSY to YMER (Merimbula my home town) but it is depicted as an ATR in blank livery.  At least the models and liveries they do have look good.  Oh one other thing I am getting Qantaslink Q400s departing from the International terminal at YSSY.

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
New info

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Early morning rush at Dubai Intl. Got a chance to watch an A380 Emirates from Paris land, just a few seconds after it happened IRL. 

HmiVmHb.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

At the moment I'm just using FSLTL, no AIG. Looking at Toronto Pearson Intl, there's very little activity compared to FS24. Many gates and parking spots are vacant. So I guess I need to set some parked AI. Otherwise I've got 85 IFR and 15 (max) VFR. 

EDIT: Setting 10 which is max parked and all the parked AI end up at CYTZ Billy Bishop, 14 in total. Still lots of vacant gates at Pearson. 

EDIT2: Ah, I'm parked at Bishop but I flew with the drone to Pearson. Probably why all the parked AI ended up there. 

EDIT3: Re-spawned at Pearsons and I have plenty of parked AI. Although they're very nonsensical, like a couple of A321's from Air Portugal. 

I even got a pointy nose generic 4-engine airliner. 

Dvnmi86.jpg

I mean look at this beautiful model, it's spectacular. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, Gerwil said:

I found that it is not in the models but in the effects (lights) the models use. When I removed the effects folder from the 'fsltl-traffic-base' the performance was back to normal, though for the moment no lights on the planes.

Good job to pinpoint performance issues. Hopefully an update will come with a fix.

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm seeing a lot of activity at Tokyo, Haneda. Quite impressive actually. The whole airport is filled with parked AI (set at max), and I haven't seen a blank livery yet. Constant takeoffs from both 34L&R and landings at 22. IRL they're taking off from 05 and arriving at 34L it seems. With a TLOD of 100 I can barely manage 30fps but with DX12 it's fairly smooth. 

Is that a default airport or a pay airport?  At IRL busy airports like Boston Logan and LaGuardia, I'm seeing no takeoffs or landings, but those are both payware airports and I'm wondering if that's a factor....

4 minutes ago, Iiari said:

Is that a default airport or a pay airport?  At IRL busy airports like Boston Logan and LaGuardia, I'm seeing no takeoffs or landings, but those are both payware airports and I'm wondering if that's a factor....

maybe  do you see  take offs  at  default  airports  if  you dont  than  there  some  thing  else  going  on  with your  set up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So without having to read the entire thread, does FSTL have better looking paints/models than AIG, or what is the advantage?

Watching this video...

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

(Apologies if already written)

How to set Injector to Autostart:

Changing FSLTL Options Manually;

To update the options of FSLTL manually, browse to the injector configuration file and make your alterations:

• The FSLTL Traffic Injector is located here: %APPDATA%\fsltl-trafic-injector
  • Right-click on fsltl-trafficinjector-config.json and open in a text editor such as Notepad, Notepad++, or VS Code.
  • Enter the values you wish to change and save the file.

To remove the prompt for changing injector options when the injector is launching, add the following line to the config file mentioned above:

• "silent":"yes"

This is how mine looks for reference: {"ifraircraftlimit":75,"vfraircraftlimit":75,"staticaircraftlimit":0.25,"secstilremove":240,"flightplannerdbapikey":"","modeloveride":"","consoledebug":"","silent":"yes"}

Then with Add-Ons Linker;
Settings -> Additional Options and set up FSLTL injector and make sure to click "Wait for simconnect", I've delayed the startup time to 60seconds.

Now when you load MSFS via Add-Ons Linker it will run the injector in the background and wait for your plane to load into the Airport, then the Injector will automatically run in the background, no need to press Enter. Extremely handy for those of us in VR to have one less thing to faff around with!

Of course if you wish to change the settings, do it manually via the fsltl-trafficinjector-config.json file and/or remove the "silent":"yes" from that file so you are back to being prompted.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, Gerwil said:

Excellent finding, thanks a lot.

I'm converting all DDS textures from x1024 to x256 and see if it helps.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Unfortunately I have problems with FSLTL....hope somebody can help out.

Everything is installed and setup, I watched several Youtube video's to do so.

It seems that I have parked aircraft on EHAM (Schiphol) airport,  I have contrails in the air (so there is moving traffic, but there is no moving traffic at the airport at all).

I have disabled aircraft density on the ground in the general options of MSFS.

The parked aircraft always change when I close FSLTL and thereafter run it right away again, so that could mean that it is not reading FR24 historic traffic for parked aircraft

I use addon linker, and have no other programs in my Community folder, i tried to use FSLTL without addon linker and I have the same results.

IMHO FSLTL injects only randomly parked aircraft (not linked to FR24), injects aircraft on route, but no moving aircraft on the ground and no parked aircraft related to historic traffic from FR2.

Any ideas?

Edited by Bentree_

Working just fine at Gatwick just now, saw taxiing, take off and landings matching FlightRadar24. There was a delay so I may not of matched the correct plane to the Radar (if I did then that's bang on in real time, if not then I think I may of caught the following one or something), but either way it matched up pretty well and looked great to my eyes. I don't need them bang on correct when I'm flying, it's more of a "nice to have" feature to me.

tempFileForShare_20221002-103954.jpg

20221002104053_1.jpg

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It works really well, as soon as it starts the aircraft begin to move, and it spawns traffic at the correct altitude (not the case for AIG). Nevertheless the impact in FPS, even with reduced ammount of traffic, is quite big for me. CPU time gets hammered in busy airports. Curious to see why some people report better performance than with AIG. Really looking forward to some optimization, it would become my only AI traffic solution then.

• Like 1