Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

16 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Okay I just installed FSLTL, I must say, is very impressive, installation is super easy and quick, running the injector is super fast. Man, I don't know how much I wish developers like GSX and AIG could learn to make things simple to install just like FBW installer does, no complication, straightforward, few clicks -> done.

Eh? GSX literally is just an install button on the launcher.

AIG is also gotten simpler too. And it will be getting presets in the future, like install just major European airlines for example.

• Like 3

If you want to move the sim camera and watch any of the injected traffic, you can do so from the Developer menu.

Select OPTIONS -> Sim Objects -> Airplane -> Containers

You should see a list of aircraft. The 1st (usually 4 digit) number corresponds to the Id assigned by the injector and is shown in the 6th column of data in the injector window.

I seem to be spending more time watching AI traffic than I am flying!

2 minutes ago, Vel said:

If you want to move the sim camera and watch any of the injected traffic, you can do so from the Developer menu.

Select OPTIONS -> Sim Objects -> Airplane -> Containers

You should see a list of aircraft. The 1st (usually 4 digit) number corresponds to the Id assigned by the injector and is shown in the 6th column of data in the injector window.

I seem to be spending more time watching AI traffic than I am flying!

OPTIONS? Where is that?

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

XnView is able to make mass batch conversion 🙂

Would be useful to get some more information on this. If we can reduce the size of the texture files, surely that must help with the FPS that FSLTL uses?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

OPTIONS? Where is that?

If you enable "Developer" from the sim General Options, you will then see a [DevMode] menu bar at thge top of the sim window. The Options entry is on that menu bar.

10 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

Would be useful to get some more information on this. If we can reduce the size of the texture files, surely that must help with the FPS that FSLTL uses?

That's the goal, yes.

• Menu Tools->Batch conversion
  • Input panel: Select Add Folder and choose FSLTL SimObjects directory
  • Action panel: Add action->Resize with Fit / keep ratio / follow orientation / Reduce only options
  • Output panel: Output to source folder, filename to {Filename}, replace if already exist, keep extension, preserve metadata

=> Convert button at right bottom

Make a backup before of course 😉

EDIT: I've just checked that AI are still visible with correct textures

Edited by roland_lfor
  • Like 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

And yes, parked AI will be random (don’t think FR24 has any info on parked airliners with transponders off). However not as nonsensical as I first thought. Checking a lot of different parked AI tail numbers and it does seem plausible that they could be parked there IRL. Even the TAP A321s at Toronto

The parked aircraft are not completely random, they are aircraft that historically have been in that airport (I think in the last year or so).

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

If AI is cruising there are contrails. But user PMDG aircraft does not lose the contrails when descending?

Nvm. Some weather phenomenah I guess. Lost the contrails beneath FL100. AI still has on cruise.

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

7 minutes ago, Alvega said:

The parked aircraft are not completely random, they are aircraft that historically have been in that airport (I think in the last year or so).

I agree....does anyone know how to get them to appear at the right gates?  They seem to spawn in totally randomly, and if you are knowledgeable about airline positions at certain airports, it kinda  breaks the immersion if you see an SWA parked at the UAL gates on the complete opposite side of the airport.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Piotr007 said:

If AI is cruising there are contrails. But user PMDG aircraft does not lose the contrails when descending?

you can still see them in the sky while you are parked at an airport gate on the ground.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I agree....does anyone know how to get them to appear at the right gates?  They seem to spawn in totally randomly, and if you are knowledgeable about airline positions at certain airports, it kinda  breaks the immersion if you see an SWA parked at the UAL gates on the complete opposite side of the airport.

According to the FAQ, that's with the scenery developers, they need to add the correct parking codes for the airlines, most don't care about that.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Okay. I tested one flight after the other. After landing all aircraft went missing. Nothing loaded up at the arrival airport.

It also often occurs with AIG that when I fly from 1 big airport to another big airport then all traffic seems to be left behind and the arrival airport does not load, or far too late on approach for example, the necessary traffic.

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

4 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

Unfortunately I have problems with FSLTL....hope somebody can help out.

Everything is installed and setup, I watched several Youtube video's to do so.

It seems that I have parked aircraft on EHAM (Schiphol) airport,  I have contrails in the air (so there is moving traffic, but there is no moving traffic at the airport at all).

I have disabled aircraft density on the ground in the general options of MSFS.

The parked aircraft always change when I close FSLTL and thereafter run it right away again, so that could mean that it is not reading FR24 historic traffic for parked aircraft

I use addon linker, and have no other programs in my Community folder, i tried to use FSLTL without addon linker and I have the same results.

IMHO FSLTL injects only randomly parked aircraft (not linked to FR24), injects aircraft on route, but no moving aircraft on the ground and no parked aircraft related to historic traffic from FR2.

Any ideas?

What is your airport vehicle density set to? Airport ground vehicles must be set to at least 1 (not 0).

James

4 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Okay. I tested one flight after the other. After landing all aircraft went missing. Nothing loaded up at the arrival airport.

Probably you have the parked aircraft percentage configured too high and there are no free gates for those aircraft. Then they disappear after landing.

Alvega