Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

6 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Excellent finding, thanks a lot.

I'm converting all DDS textures from x1024 to x256 and see if it helps.

What is your method? Can you mass edit those? Because it will be hundreds of liveries. Paint shop pro opens sometimes .dds files for me, but not allways. Then i have to open .dds with nvidia texture converter, save to .png, open with photo editor, edit, save .png, convert to .dds. 

38 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Shame the number isn’t linked to a percentage of gates at a given airport rather than a static number.

Having 13 aircraft at an airport like Lanzarote is completely different to somewhere like Heathrow.

If I want Heathrow to look populated I would either need to have places like Lanzarote full or keep changing the number in the injector for each airport 

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Watching that Emirates A380 land at Dubai at dawn was impressive, with full flaps, spoilers and all. 

But FSLTL doesn't include an A380 model so what you are seeing are from your AIG install.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

But FSLTL doesn't include an A380 model so what you are seeing are from your AIG install.

They know, we were talking about it earlier in the thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

does anyone know how to get them to appear at the right gates?  They seem to spawn in totally randomly, and if you are knowledgeable about airline positions at certain airports, it kinda  breaks the immersion if you see an SWA parked at the UAL gates on the complete opposite side of the airport.

You will need an updated ADE for each airport with proper Airline gate assignments for that. Just like it was in all of the previous sims except this time Asobo has made it quite difficult to do for payware or enhanced airports.

There are some user edited airports for default airports at flightsim.to that are properly coded and also many fixes to the brutal parking and taxi links that most airports have. Check it out!  

https://flightsim.to/file/32783/airport-gate-mapping-and-taxi-fixes-for-aig-traffic

Tuskin, yeah I figured that was the case, but I was playing morning catchup way back on page 33 and didn't want to lose track.

Edited by Dave_YVR

20 minutes ago, Corsten said:

What is your method? Can you mass edit those? Because it will be hundreds of liveries. Paint shop pro opens sometimes .dds files for me, but not allways. Then i have to open .dds with nvidia texture converter, save to .png, open with photo editor, edit, save .png, convert to .dds. 

With XnView.

You can reduce effects and aircraft texture.

See here:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I've see that FlyTampa is the only dev that has done this correctly. I've only checked at YSSY and KBOS though. But at least they took the time to put those in there for future use.

I filled up KBOS with IFR and GA and it was an absolute mess 😂

Airliners holding short of 22L/4R:

uFXsSoE.jpg

Landings happened occasionally on 4L when it was not being used as a taxiway. 4R though was consistently being used as a taxiway for airliners taking off at 33R! That’s a 779m rwy 🤪

bl1Tcbi.jpg

33L was also used for takeoffs which made a bit more sense.

Disclaimer: I’ve now reduced offline GA to 50%. But KBOS is probably the worst performing major hub so far. I’m sure the nearby PG doesn’t help.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think what he says there is incorrect. They already said the number regarding parking aircraft is like a slider, with 10 being maximum and 0 minimum. I have mine set to 2 and see lots of parked aircraft.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

12 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I think what he says there is incorrect. They already said the number regarding parking aircraft is like a slider, with 10 being maximum and 0 minimum. I have mine set to 2 and see lots of parked aircraft.

The developer said that? You're refering to the YT video on the first page of this thread? Is that video from the dev?

Clearly my rig cannot handle KLAX with IFR 85 and parked 10. So I'll try parked 5 but probably will have to go even lower. 

EDIT: Something's weird. I'm getting less than 30fps (default enhanced LAX) with no AI traffic... Both GPU and CPU are struggling with long render times. Could be REX weather as there's some low clouds and I've had issues with REX before. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

3 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

That's the goal, yes.

• Menu Tools->Batch conversion
  • Input panel: Select Add Folder and choose FSLTL SimObjects directory
  • Action panel: Add action->Resize with Fit / keep ratio / follow orientation / Reduce only options
  • Output panel: Output to source folder, filename to {Filename}, replace if already exist, keep extension, preserve metadata

=> Convert button at right bottom

Make a backup before of course 😉

EDIT: I've just checked that AI are still visible with correct textures

I have downloaded XnViewMP. When I open Batch Processing and select the fsltl-traffic-base/SimObjects folder, the input box only shows png files and do DDS files. How do I get the software to only select DDS files?

What resize parameter for width/height sizes should I use?

Thanks

1 minute ago, chickster25 said:

How do I get the software to only select DDS files?

The textures aren't actually PNG files, they are all still DDS just with the PNG extension I think to conform to the SDK.

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The developer said that? You're refering to the YT video on the first page of this thread? Is that video from the dev?

That video is from a beta tester working with the devs. But the dev said this:

BirdmanRS — Yesterday at 20:09
 You have parking set to 5 out of 10, so based on the airport (MMMX), that equates to 45 parking aircraft.  After that it should start to inject additional aircraft.

So it's definitely not value*13 as JayDee said on the link you posted. Seems to depend on the airport size. IMO, they should explain this better. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

13 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

The textures aren't actually PNG files, they are all still DDS just with the PNG extension I think to conform to the SDK.

Thanks for the info, but it is only showing the thumbnail.png files ,and not any DDS type filename?

I downloaded the XnViewMP program, is that right?

The file type is still DDS though. PNG is just in the name only.