Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

I have idea that i did test yestarday succesfully. We all know the limitations to MSFS AI traffic behavior. But i believe that the is two difrent engines:

1) Offline traffic engine (AIG with .bgl flightplans and FSLTL with injected "offline" traffic (fr24 data with some delay, 30sec to 2min i guess)

2) Asobo´s own Online traffic, aka "real time online" with flightaware data (with 6min delay)

I have been big fan of real time online since launch. I did even convert all the aircrafts from fsx and p3d to use it with AI traffic. Again, there if some downside´s still with real time online but here me now: FSLTL works great also with "real time online". Yesterday i did spawn to EDDF Frankfurt with "real time online" traffic and FSLTL & AIG in community. There were lots of traffic inbound and outbound. Everty flight has nametag offcourse. Then i did use FSLTL injector, only to inject static  parking aircrafts: i did put VFR flights to 0 (disabled) and parked aircrafts to 5 (5x14, so 70 parked aircrafts). So, there wasnt any duplicates at the gates, every injected aircraft did find own spot. And i did discover that scenery for 60min, parked aircrafts didnt depart! So FSLTL is perfect solution to have 100% accurate static parked aircraft if using real time online as a AI.

So benefits of "real time online"?

- 1:1 flights covered whole world (flightaware data)

- flights follow IRL path, that real world aircraft is flying. Getting data from flightaware, so altitude and speed is 100% match.

- you can follow flights via flight number, just put flight number to msfs2020 world map search box, select it to depart and fly. It will spawn about 20sec ahead ot that flight. In theory, you can follow IRL hijacked plane in MSFS2020.

- In my theory, Ai aircrafts are using IRL runways, because they are aproaching  from 1:1 correct heading with IRL flight of it. For example in EDDF yeasterday: there were three runways (25L, 25C, 25R) used for arrivals and one for departs (18). I cant reproduce that with offline engine.

- real time online flights spawn pretty good range on air. It isnt FPS hoax at all. And it will spawn flights in that same radious all the time, when you are flying. So you have allways 1:1 same flights around you, than IRL in that same moment.

- Aircrafts can depart even that runway is locked for landing. If you put dev mode on and simobjects showing, you can see every Ai aircrafts "path" and when runway is locked to landing, there is blue 3d round object in runway as mark for locked landing coming. But in real time online departing aicrafts are departing before it is too late. 

Disadvantage´s

- because of MSF2020 (based on fsx engine) Ai behaviour, there is some features that has to be fixed by asobo.

- because of too slow exit speed from runway, there is flyovers from aircrafts behind the landed aircraft. 

- Ai aircraft brake prosedure is pretty unique: first they put throttle to -0.30 that is full reverse thrust (for an 6-8 seconds), then they hit 100% brakes and aircraft stops right a way to 15kts. And the speed is to slow and they are exiting so slow. AI engine dont even use first possible exit, some time aircraft is exiting 30-60sec from runway after that full brake.

Try it yourself. Either way (injected offline or real time online) FSLTL + AIG combo is pretty word not allowed good atm. I will do fps test for 1024 pixel models vs 256 pix models after i converted all the models to 256 pixels. There is another way to boost little bit of FPS with FSLTL+AIG: you can disable all the effects from aircraft.cfg´s (Touchdown smoke, exhaust steam from turbine, water spray) but they are offfcoure good looking. I did disable only exhaust steam´s because i dont actually need those to be seeing.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Corsten said:

AIG with .bgl flightplans

AIG doesn't use BGL's in their MSFS traffic.

44 minutes ago, Corsten said:

So benefits of "real time online"?

- 1:1 flights covered whole world (flightaware data)

- flights follow IRL path, that real world aircraft is flying.

It uses flightaware schedule data, NOT the real time positional information. They don't follow routes, nor do they use the real world runways or taxiways and are still subject to the AI engine of the sim handled or mishandled we should call it by the default ATC. If you want actual Real Time Live Traffic you need to use something like PSXT Traffic.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

10 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

AIG doesn't use BGL's in their MSFS traffic.

OK, correct filetype is .aigfp. They just converted .bgl´s? But eitherway, AIG is offline traffic using flightplans created. 

Edited by Corsten

8 minutes ago, Corsten said:

They just converted .bgl´s? But eitherway, AIG is offline traffic using flightplans created. 

AIGFP is a whole new format very different to BGL's and by design can fly very specific routes among other things. But yes they are based on a snapshot from a specific time period.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

35 minutes ago, Corsten said:

and parked aircrafts to 5 (5x14, so 70 parked aircrafts)

Where did you get this 5x14 from? One (JayyDee) says it's 5x13, other (you) says it's 5x14 and the dev says it's neither of those because it depends on the size of the airport and that in MMMX it's 45 when using 5 for parking aircraft (which means 5x9). So people seem to be posting things they make up from what they think it's true but is isn't.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

24 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Where did you get this 5x14 from? One (JayyDee) says it's 5x13, other (you) says it's 5x14 and the dev says it's neither of those because it depends on the size of the airport and that in MMMX it's 45 when using 5 for parking aircraft (which means 5x9). So people seem to be posting things they make up from what they think it's true but is isn't.

Just mis remembered that 13 i heard somewhere. 

So I have managed to use XnResize to change my images down to 1024 x 1024.

The positive news is that FPS is also back to what it was pre-FSLTL (it had used about 5-7 FPS). My SimObjects folder is down from 21GB to 2GB so I would definitely recommend.

The AI aircraft that I can see look okay just as good as before, so this well worth doing to get those FPS back and have a good number of AI.

The bad news is that some of my aircraft now have 'black' skins - but not all. Clearly this is a user error in my resizing but any ideas what I have done wrong? some of them are EasyJet, which would be A319 or A320?  I am sure I can rectify by replacing images until I find the one at fault, but any clues may save me a bit of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsten said:

Try it yourself. Either way (injected offline or real time online) FSLTL + AIG combo is pretty word not allowed good atm.

I'm sorry but I found your post very confusing. I probably shouldn't dwell too much on this, but are you saying: 

1) FSLTL is actually "offline" traffic as it's a bit behind the FR24 data?

2) Are you suggesting to use MSFS Live AI traffic with both FSLTL and AIG folders in place but without using the FSLTL injector?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

It uses flightaware schedule data, NOT the real time positional information. They don't follow routes, nor do they use the real world runways or taxiways and are still subject to the AI engine of the sim handled or mishandled we should call it by the default ATC. If you want actual Real Time Live Traffic you need to use something like PSXT Traffic.

Well i disagree at this moment. Here is attached Oxford Aviation Academy flight 5048 (OXF5048 Oxford Aviation Academy Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware). It has flightplan from FFZ to RYN. Clearily it is sightseeing around the Mesa town. In your theory, that flight would be straight from FFZ to RYN in "real time online". But in this case, it is following that exact route 1:1 in "real time online" in MSFS2020. See image attached. I can prove it also with aircraft that is reverted to come back because some failure or misbehaving passenger, but those flights are rare to find. Didnt find it at this moment. If someone finds a flight that has depart airport and arrival airport but heading are back to depart airport... copy flight number and search it in msfs2020 menu world search. If flight is also going back to depart airport, my theory is right. 

Prove: spacer.png

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

It uses flightaware schedule data, NOT the real time positional information. They don't follow routes

The default MSFS Live Traffic does use real time positional information when the aircraft is not on final approach/landing, taking off or taxing.

Last year I watched a NavCanada CRJ doing what I assume was ILS approach tests at an Airbase in Nova Scotia. The plane in the sim followed the location of the one on flightaware's map exactly, just about 10 minutes behind. It would approach the runway straight on, descend, pull up before touch down, loop back around the airport and do it again, just like the real aircraft. Once the tests were finished, it flew off in the direction of the airport listed as its final destination.

The airport it was doing tests at was not the airport listed as its destination on Flight Aware, which is probably why the AI systems didn't take over and force it to land.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm sorry but I found your post very confusing. I probably shouldn't dwell too much on this, but are you saying: 

1) FSLTL is actually "offline" traffic as it's a bit behind the FR24 data?

2) Are you suggesting to use MSFS Live AI traffic with both FSLTL and AIG folders in place but without using the FSLTL injector?

1) FSLTL is using offline traffic engine, like AIG. Injector just gives flights with depart airport and arrival by the fr24 data. MSFS2020 is doing the rest with offline engine. It is confusing, but like in FSLTL instuctions is saying, you should put in msfs2020 traffic settings to "OFFLINE". In my method we are using there "real time online" with injector still making static aircrafts to the airports.

2) I am suggesting to use FSLTL and AIG with FSLTL injector (but only with static aircraft) and lets do MSFS2020 "real time online", the REAL online traffic do the traffic in the skies and airports.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Corsten said:

1) FSLTL is using offline traffic engine, like AIG. Injector just gives flights with depart airport and arrival by the fr24 data. MSFS2020 is doing the rest with offline engine. It is confusing, but like in FSLTL instuctions is saying, you should put in msfs2020 traffic settings to "OFFLINE". In my method we are using there "real time online" with injector still making static aircrafts to the airports.

2) I am suggesting to use FSLTL and AIG with FSLTL injector (but only with static aircraft) and lets do MSFS2020 "real time online", the REAL online traffic do the traffic in the skies and airports.

Hmm, I get your idea. I will have to try this. But without AIG because I already deleted it.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

15 minutes ago, Corsten said:

I am suggesting to use FSLTL and AIG with FSLTL injector (but only with static aircraft) and lets do MSFS2020 "real time online", the REAL online traffic do the traffic in the skies and airports.

Ok I'm giving it a try now. So this way AI traffic will move according to their positions as seen on Flightaware, but with some minutes delay? 

What about GA? I've been using two methods here:

1) The VFR traffic with FSLTL

2) Phantoms freeware mod or Simfleas payware mod, adjusting the amount with the AI offline slider. Obviously this won't work with your method as it suggests using Real-time online. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ok I'm giving it a try now. So this way AI traffic will move according to their positions as seen on Flightaware, but with some minutes delay? 

What about GA? I've been using two methods here:

1) The VFR traffic with FSLTL

2) Phantoms freeware mod or Simfleas payware mod, adjusting the amount with the AI offline slider. Obviously this won't work with your method as it suggests using Real-time online. 

Yes there is 6min delay aprox.

Put VFR traffic to max in FSLTL injector. Real time online shows some GA traffic in USA and they are showing in msfs2020 if they have depart and arrival info in flightaware. AIG has lots of GA airplanes.

Edited by Corsten