Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes. I almost got an awesome screenshot of the landing, but I just managed to capture the tail... It corresponded extremely well with the RL one (UAE93P from Paris CDG, landed at 6:35 local time). 

I Kaii at AIG wrote somewhere that OMDB is not configured for parked 380s at gates, lol. But I did see one parked at a stand at the southern end of the airport. 

Well then you just contradicted yourself. You just said AIG liveries don't get used, just the models. But in case of Emirates you just confirmed yourself that they are being used. FSTL does not have an A380 model at all at the moment.

2 hours ago, kkbelos said:

and it spawns traffic at the correct altitude (not the case for AIG)

That’s being fixed right now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Well then you just contradicted yourself. You just said AIG liveries don't get used, just the models. But in case of Emirates you just confirmed yourself that they are being used. FSTL does not have an A380 model at all at the moment.

Lol - I probably contradict myself all the time 🙂

Fact: I have seen an Emirates A380 land at OMDB and another one parked. I have FSLTL and AIG.

Rumor: People have mentioned that FSLTL can only pull AIG models, not liveries. Those are not my findings.

This is still early stages with FSLTS, so lot of speculation at the moment, both here and on the official forums. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I Kaii at AIG wrote somewhere that OMDB is not configured for parked 380s at gates, lol. But I did see one parked at a stand at the southern end of the airport. 

None of the jetway parking is big enough, there are ramps on the other side of the airport that are.

If you have the premium OMDB, I suggest getting this enhancement. It makes the gates the a380 uses IRL big enough for the A380 to spawn there. It also adds parking codes so airlines should park in mostly the right places as long as there is room.

https://flightsim.to/file/35295/omdb-dubai-international-general-enhancement

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Rumor: People have mentioned that FSLTL can only pull AIG models,

It pulls both, but only for aircraft FSLTL is missing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

If you have the premium OMDB, I suggest getting this enhancement. It makes the gates the a380 uses IRL big enough for the A380.

Excellent, I'll try that.

Btw do you have an opinion on whether FSLTS can use AIG liveries? It does seem so, seeing as though FSLTL does not have A380 models + the fact that I've spotted A380s with Emirates livery. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It pulls both, but only for aircraft FSLTL is missing.

Well that makes sense. Not sure where I had the other info from then. 

I'm not noticing any massive performance decrease in VR over a busy area (Heathrow for example), like with AIG I do lose some FPS and performance does drop as expected, if anything it's better with FSLTL though and I just turn off Enhanced Live Traffic which injects extra aircraft and all is pretty good.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Fact: I have seen an Emirates A380 land at OMDB and another one parked. I have FSLTL and AIG.

How, shall we then keep the AIG folder as well in the community folder besides the FSTLT folders?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I'm not noticing any massive performance decrease in VR over a busy area (Heathrow for example), like with AIG I do lose some FPS and performance does drop as expected, if anything it's better with FSLTL though and I just turn off Enhanced Live Traffic which injects extra aircraft and all is pretty good.

Yeah because FSLTL spawns less aircraft than AIG by default. With AIG you can have up to 250+ aircraft within the spawn radius of EGLL depending on the time of day. EGSS and EGGW are within the AI spawn radius of Heathrow.

JFK at night I’ve had over 300 aircraft spawn (overnight parking mostly) because of several larger airports within spawning distance.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Oh indeed they have a fallback system in place, from FSTLT developer :

BirdmanRSYesterday at 2:14 AM

Two separate fallbacks. A380 has no model fallback... we won't substitute a different aircraft model (like B747) for the A380. If you have a non-FSLTL A380 (AIG for example), we'll use it. B38M has model fallback. If we don't have the B38M model, we'll use the B37M, B738 or B737 model instead.

That is actually very smart!

• Like 1

I tested it, verdict:

PRO:

* SOUNDS

*MODELS

*OVRERALL PERFORMANCE

CON:

*AI LOADING ON ARRIVAL AIRPORT TOO.LATE. CPU LAG IS CAUSED DURING APPROACH

*BUGS CAUSED BY AI CLOGGING UP AND POSSIBLE CTD'S

*ASOBO MALHANDLING NOT SOLVED IC AI OVERALL BEHAVIOUR

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

Oh indeed they have a fallback system in place, from FSTLT developer :

That is actually very smart!

I know. It just bugs me that I came to believe someone's statement that this only applies to models, and then went ahead and regurgitated that info as a "fact". 

Okay I just installed FSLTL, I must say, is very impressive, installation is super easy and quick, running the injector is super fast. Man, I don't know how much I wish developers like GSX and AIG could learn to make things simple to install just like FBW installer does, no complication, straightforward, few clicks -> done.

• Like 1