Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

4 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I notice there are no Emirates aircraft, not the A380 anyway.

Is it as easy as just installing the AIG version and it can be read from the community folder? Or is it more involved than that?

Yes. And yes. Just need to have AIG in the community folder, that's all. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes. And yes. Just need to have AIG in the community folder, that's all. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Thats where you go to a different airport until you can handle not doing 85 on final until inside the fence. That being said, the in game ATC is useless for this and doesn't take overtake into account at all. 

That's the biggest problem, no proper spacing of AI on approach by the in-game ATC. 85 is quite normal too in the TBM, particularly on an ILS approach where faster speeds cause the loss of the GS loc.

So the FSLTL models are lighter on frames, right? Just thinking I'll test for a while with only those installed, as the impact with 100% AIG was a bit high. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ok, confused. Why do we need the AIG 320s if we can have the FSLTL 320s?

I don't have the FSLT Package installed at all. I don't want to use it, I have more than enough AIG packages installed that the injector supposedly can use as well.

16 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I don't have the FSLT Package installed at all. I don't want to use it, I have more than enough AIG packages installed that the injector supposedly can use as well.

FSLT injector don't inject A320 , A319 and more more models from AIG, only inject a few ones

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So the FSLTL models are lighter on frames, right? Just thinking I'll test for a while with only those installed, as the impact with 100% AIG was a bit high. 

From a small amount of use they seem to be.

Would it be of use to compile a list of major airlines not represented in FSTL, so we know what AIG models to download? In a separate thread?

Or is it by aircraft not represented?

Was wondering the same thing and from what I have read thus far it will only match aircraft models not part of its own library. That means that you’ll see a white 737-800 (random example) if no local repaint exists, even if the missing livery exists in your AIG 737-800 installation. 

Bit of a shame, as so many awesome AIG liveries exist. I hope the developers implement  a broader matching option in a future revision. 

Edited by alepro21
  • Like 2

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Just gave this a quick go, my thoughts:

• Needs an automated injector "On" Option, I want to load it and forget about it (handy for VR usage when using Add Ons Linker to automatically load the Injector program)
  • Bit of a faff having (yet another) installer program to use but i guess it'll keep things updated (automatically) which is a bonus than constantly manually chasing updates
  • I installed both Injector & Base Models into my Add Ons Linker folders without issue
  • I've set 75 for IFR & VFR but as yet not seen much GA activity, they show up in the LNM window but are invisible (completely) in the Sim. I see the GA is still in Beta so will look forward to improvements.
  • I had been using AIG which is a monumental faff on first impressions but after awhile becomes easy-ish to use, but the loooooong loading time was always a pain so that's where FSLT comes in better and for ease of use it's clearly much better.
  • I also use the brilliant Enhanced Live Traffic from flightsim.to with AIG, so I booted that up with FSLT and sure enough an abundance of traffic was added (including GA) so I may persist with this combo. (Although FPS issues may arise, especially when in VR but may be worth experimenting with).
  • I noticed a sky full of contrails, something I never got with AIG. One plane had them upon landing and another on Taxi, both were "Live" aircraft and not multiplayer.
  • Watching FlightRadar24 on my phones app and it matches up just about OK, sitting at Gatwick and then Heathrow it showed some but not all inbounds.

Overall first impressions are very good, sort the top issue out and that'd be great. I'll stick with this for now, although there's less models & liveries than AIG it's just simpler to use and until Asobo/MS get off their backsides and actually attempt to fix AI let alone work on the AI then it doesn't really matter if one is better than the other right now - anything will do for me.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes they are and it is not good to mix that with for example AIG .mdl models because of the stability of our Sim.

This can also be read over the FSLTL discord..

They just wrote down they not implementing others with .mdl model and IMO that is a good decision !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I have now installed the FSTL model package. I can confirm now that using the injector with AIG models only will NOT give you a fully configured correct live traffic. Lots of Airlines will be missing.

You HAVE to install the FSTL package as well. Two examples of Airlines that the Injector will not fall back to if you only have AIG installed: Eurowings and UPS.

You will only get those with the FSTL package installed and not from the same AIG packages.

So my assumption is that as long as the FSTL package includes a model and airline it will use that. The fallback mechanism seems to only apply to models that are not included in the FSTL package. If you don't have the FSTL package installed it seems like the injector will only show you the airlines and liveries that would have not come with the base package anyway and airlines that would come with the package just don't show up.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Yes they are and it is not good to mix that with for example AIG .mdl models because of the stability of our Sim.

This can also be read over the FSLTL discord..

They just wrote down they not implementing others with .mdl model and IMO that is a good decision !

cheers 😉

People trying to bake a cake with wrong ingredients .. just saying ..🤣

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

2 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I’m getting a lot of go arounds. Anyone suggest what settings I should be using?

There's no way to fix that, it's an issue with the base sim.

• Upvote 1