Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

WU Canada is out

12 hours ago, Doering said:

Okay, thanks for the info. Well, that does not look good for the 3rd party developers that produced the update for Canada and blemishes Microsoft's quality control check process.

I find it ironic that Microsoft can ignore such obvious quality control problems like rubbish photogrammetry, and yet they reject an update to an existing airport addon because the static model B17 Flying Fortress in the product has visible guns on it!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I know this is a 'free' update, but for heavens sake.  Some of the roads around the Horse Shoe Falls are falling into the water and look ridiculous.
And the American falls do that horrible terrain morphing thing as you approach.

After producing an excellent Skylon Tower and Rainbow Bridge, it is really let down by this lack of landscaping. 
You have to ask, what's the point of doing such good work as this when it is destroyed by the surrounding landscape?

Further downstream is no better, with the dams and lakes all over the place, and big steps in the water.
As others have asked, do they not see this?  Do they not check their own work?  Surely they cant be happy with it if they do.  I would be embarrassed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Maybe it's time for us Canadian's to stop being so nice and rise up against Microsoft lol

What a total ...... show !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I find it ironic that Microsoft can ignore such obvious quality control problems like rubbish photogrammetry, and yet they reject an update to an existing airport addon because the static model B17 Flying Fortress in the product has visible guns on it!!

How is that ironic? That’s not even close to ironic.

24 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Maybe it's time for us Canadian's to stop being so nice and rise up against Microsoft lol

What a total ...... show !

Well, I still have trust issues after watching Canadian Bacon, and I am not even from Canadia.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Im Canadian and I’ve had no issues with this update other than the tumor on the CN Tower.

All the handcrafted airports are beautiful, the POIs, the updated sat imagery.

Im not sure why people are so surprised about the photogrammetry. It’s been hit and miss for all the world updates.

I wonder if the raw data is just too much for the sim and the optimization causes it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Im Canadian and I’ve had no issues with this update other than the tumor on the CN Tower.

All the handcrafted airports are beautiful, the POIs, the updated sat imagery.

Im not sure why people are so surprised about the photogrammetry. It’s been hit and miss for all the world updates.

I wonder if the raw data is just too much for the sim and the optimization causes it.

I love it what a contrast to the ambient impressions here.  

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Water fix for the Bella Coola terrain issue

https://flightsim.to/file/564/cybd-bella-coola-valley-water-level-fix

Can confirm. It works wonderfully

0t947Vb.jpg

Edited by styckx
  • Like 5

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Agree... just ignore the confusing description, download and activate 🙂

Yeah. The description is confusing. Sounds like this addon used to be the airport, then he dropped the airport portion and just made it into a water fix for WU10

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 hours ago, styckx said:

Yeah. The description is confusing. Sounds like this addon used to be the airport, then he dropped the airport portion and just made it into a water fix for WU10

Yes that's correct. The original addon came out a couple of years ago, and it corrected the water elevation levels as well as improving the airport. The terrain glitch has been in the sim since release.

11 hours ago, styckx said:

Can confirm. It works wonderfully

I still see a hill pertruding into the river on the right.

I'm not using Orbx CYBD. Got the water fix in place. Still getting terrain spikes in the distance (TLOD 100). But when I'm moving closer with the drone cam they disappear. 

UMnKFEK.jpg

EDIT: And when I increase terrain LOD to 200 they disappear:

EWZ0S6s.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I don't know why it took me 2 weeks to do this, but I finally visited my house in the sim. There is clearly new elevation data for my town, as creeks and ditches have depth now, but the satellite data is the same as before, which is at least 4 years old.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Ha yeah that was the first thing I did, a short jaunt from Shearwater in the H145 and I landed in the ball field near my house.

My house is now PG and looks decent, even my cars in the driveway are there.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU