1 minute ago, sonny147 said:

we are all getting so played by the leather jacket guy loooooL

Personally I can't stand the 4000 series event reveal photo of him gazing into the distance like he's superman. Corporate CEO showoff nonsense at it's worst, waiting for that fake, awkward round of applause, lol.

But I'll still buy their 4090 because I need an upgrade and it looks to deliver the goods even if overpriced. The 4080, and, 4070, cough, I mean 4080 12gb on the other hand, make the 4090 seem like a good deal in terms of price versus performance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I upgraded my 7700k system to 5800X3D two weeks ago and the gains are incredible in MSFS. Even my 2070S is producing a decent performance, but running 5120x1440, I want that 4090 and not upgrade for the next several years. I’m pumped. 

I totally understand the owners of the 3xxx series GPUs and not being able to justify the spend. We know you still want the 4xxx series, don’t lie to yourselves. 😀

Yeah this one of the first times I've regretted a cpu upgrade.  The 12700K is no slouch....but the price I paid for it is about the same as a 5800X3D.  And the amd cpu smokes mine.   Ooofda.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

we are all getting so played by the leather jacket guy loooooL

Reminds me of the auto manufacturers.   Record profits from selling less cars,  and the manufacturers will do anything they can to maintain that profit margin.

Got the trophy house.  Got the trophy car.  Got the trophy wife.  Got the trophy boat.  Now, all you need is the trophy GPU. 

My GTX1660Ti still runs as smooth as silk.

Roy

It's really strange. Nvidia release this insane cards projecting to end users - YOU NEED MORE POWER!!!!

Also Nvidia - Embrace DLSS!! You don't need so much power!!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

22 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I totally understand the owners of the 3xxx series GPUs and not being able to justify the spend. We know you still want the 4xxx series, don’t lie to yourselves. 😀

I managed to cram a dual slot Zotak RTX3070 into my Sg13 mini-ITX case without any silly case mods like cutting side rails or leaving panels off. There was no 3080 or 3090 that would fit.

By all accounts (remains to be seen) the 4xxx series will, across the board, be substantially larger. So no, not interested.

On the plus side, all those teenage boys that purchased insanely oversized "gaming" cases that are mainly full of empty air, fans and LED lighting (which Freud would attribute to compensating for a feeling of sexual inadequacy)  will be feeling pretty smug right now  😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Also. AIB's are getting ridiculous with their redesigns of the 4090.

Rumour has it that NVIDIA were preparing AIBs for a 600W RTX 4090, which could explain the gigantic coolers. Either way, it will make for a smoother transition to what's coming with the Ti model.

20 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

The 4080, and, 4070, cough, I mean 4080 12gb on the other hand, make the 4090 seem like a good deal in terms of price versus performance.

The RTX 4090 is a rather good deal considering 5nm wafer prices, it is way more expensive to make than the RTX 3090 & Ti. The two RTX "4080" models though are an insult to gamers, and based on the pricing of their past two generations, it is unlikely that AMD will put them in their place.

3 hours ago, Khashoggi said:

Recently upgraded to a 12900K CPU but still using a Zotac 1080ti with 3x1080P monitors and get around 30FPS with most sliders turned up. Dev mode shows GPU limited, no surprise!

Will be getting the 4090 to take it to the next level.

Are you using Nvidia Control Panel / Configure Surround, PhsX to set up your 3 screens? Or the Experimental Multi Monitor in SU 10?

I find the PhysX Surround infinitely easier to set up. But both methods give better pixel density than just dragging the MSFS across 3 screens. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

it will make for a smoother transition to what's coming with the Ti model.

As a 2080 Ti owner. And the current prices Nvidia is asking. I'm just now getting my moneys worth out of my 2080 Ti. I fell for the racket back then and never again. The entire 3000 series was offensive for what I paid. Never again. My next upgrade once I milk my 2080 Ti dry will be the red team.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

If it brings a huge performance boost I might consider it. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, styckx said:

I'd be more surprised if anyone here has a case that can fit a 4090. They are ridiculous in size.

JayzTwoCents had a video on YouTube today. The Asus ROG Strix 4090 won't even fit in a Lian Li LanCool III case and that one is pretty massive, at least by todays standards.

Edited by JeffF

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

20 minutes ago, JeffF said:

JayzTwoCents had a video on YouTube today. The Asus ROG Strix 4090 won't even fit in a Lian Li LanCool III case and that one is pretty massive, at least by todays standards.

I'm sure you saw my posts by referring to Jayz video, I love Jay. Everyone raves about Linus, and Nexus Gamer but Jay is my favorite.  Linus is alright, and Nexus Gamer I can not stand. Jay is blunt, stern and honest with sprinkles of dry humor.

54 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

and a 13900k and maximise my fps to make use of the 120hz screen

The 5800x3D is basically the same on Intels own performance metrics, which are heavily skewed toward Intel. Those charts couldn’t even make the 13900k look good in comparison.  Considering MSFS benefits the most of any game on the 5800x3D it’s looking like it will still be king.

DLSS 3.0 could be good. Maybe. I am hopeful because VR needs it.

The good news is MSFS is playable at fantastic frame rates and settings without going up this generation. Might be the first time in history for flight sims where a generation behind is basically the same in terms of visuals and great frames.

Also, if you have that kind of budget the Varjo Aero will change your life. 

"Surprise the electronics you can afford if you don't waste money on razor blades and haircuts". - Steve Burke

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.